why Mormans are not Christian

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Doc Dred, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Doc Dred

Doc Dred Banned

the deeds would have been mentioned in the Gospels of Christ.

He told His disciples everything He did and was about.

Why would he not tell them about His trip over here...

and maybe mention that if they don't behave themselves God the Father would change them from white to red skinned ...

which is Morman dogma...

they actual defame the race of native americans with that dogma...hate crime anyone?

your colour of your skin is this way cause you sinned..

and what does this mean anyway everyone was white at one time...

do the Mormans realize Jesus was no where near white...

this religion is bigoted beyond belief...

2. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

Hey look, the logical fallacy known as the No True Scotsman.

3. mikezila

mikezila New Member

Semites are a Caucasoid people. he was white, just not eurowhite.

4. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

i aint read a book from 'me'

and jesus, never wrote a word, that i know of, nor was the christ, said 'he' (per bible, matt 16:20)
    do it everyday
    still here

trippin' on the fools of the dredded ignornance
    put on suntan lotion
    mormons massacred indians and americans just to hold the utah
    that is a stupid claim.

the four horseman of mankind are the 'red, yellow, black and white' of skins

You should dred them doc as they will unfold a judgment unlike ever before, upon people like YOU!

it's a bull crap lie

i could believe that.
    so are you, as i witness for anyone to test.

5. ChiKaea

ChiKaea New Member

This is ridiculous. Not another one. :frustrated:

6. Doc Dred

Doc Dred Banned

this person does not understand english at all...

i quote the mormon dogma and he thinks it's me claiming this nonsense.

get offline dude...

7. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

Hi Chikaea. Are there any teachings or theories about where Lehi and his family actually landed? To hear people talk, it's anywhere from Canada to South America. I know that Joseph Smith found or was led to the plates in New York I think. But I believe those were placed there by Moroni around 400 years AD, which is nearly a thousand years after Lehi first landed. My memory of the dates may be off, but I know it was a long time from Lehi's landing to the decimation of the Nephites by the Lamanites (who as I understand it are native Americans) and the depositing of the plates. :reading:

8. ChiKaea

ChiKaea New Member

As far as I know there is no specific area that has been revealed, but some Book of Mormon scholars say that it's probably the northern part of South America. Judging by later descriptions of the land and such, they've managed to discover that the land they lived on had a sort of hourglass-like shape: ocean coming in on both sides in the middle. I'm not sure if that makes sense exactly, but that's what I've heard.

And yes, your dates are about right. We know Lehi left Jerusalem sometime around 500 AD.

9. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks. That'd explain them being able to march from sea to sea in a day. BTW, sorry to get off topic. So, on topic, I think that Mormons are more Christian than not

10. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

You quoted NOTHING.

You rant like a bigot

allow me

go lay by your dish

You cant even write a coherant thread opener, let alone by claiming to 'quote' mormon dogma, is where you show how little integrity you have....

:blownose:

11. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

The blatant racism in the Book of Mormon does not exclude them from Christianity, it simply makes them racist bigots. All of them in my eyes. I suppose if Mormons reject those inconvenient bits, then they are not truly Mormons eh?

Do keep in mind, the Bible was used to justify slavery. The Bible promotes and condones slavery.

12. junobet

junobet New Member

Again Christian abolitionists such as William Wilberforce would strongly disagree with that interpretation of the Bible. They preferred to use it to argue against slavery.

13. Wolverine

The fact that both sides could use the same book to justify their cause simply strengthens my argument.

If the Bible were 100% against slavery, the argument would be rather one sided, would it not?

14. Independent77

Independent77 New Member

Funny how Mormons have now become some horrible sect with liberals but only after one of them had the nerve to possibly run against the Obamessiah.

15. ChiKaea

ChiKaea New Member

The Book or Mormon actually doesn't say much about how the color of skin means much of anything. In the beginning of the story, God changes the color of the Lamanites skin to differentiate them from their Nephite brothers. Toward the end of the Book of Mormon, if you read, it's actually those with darker skin who are the better people, and God is with the Lamanites, or the Native Americans, and not with the Nephites, who are the white men, because the Lamanites are the more righteous. In many ways the Nephites are the truly wicked ones - even when the Lamanites got to battle against the Nephites it's usually a wicked Nephite that is leading them.

16. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

keep in mind, that 'we the people' will be voting in obama again, if that idiot is the other one to choose from.

i would rather have obama in office, than an idiot that wants to bomb iran, just for having a nuclear power plant.

17. junobet

junobet New Member

From my point of view it is 100% against slavery if read in a whole and with reasonal interpretation.

But you're right in noticing that the Bible is open to interpretation rather than being a 1:1 manual on how to lead your life. Then again life is slightly more complicated than a CD-Player.

18. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

You don't understand the BoM. It's not a racist book. It's a documentary or historical recording. It also mentions the beautification of the believers over time. Is that racist? There are also many instances that speak of the dark loathsome Lamanites being more righteous than the fairer skinned Nephites. To see it as racist is simply a narrow minded, self serving, agenda driven review.

19. Wolverine

People are cursed with dark skin. Hmmmm.... yes, so loving.

I need not an agenda, just Google.

20. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

First off, you ignored the important part. And you failed to quote the entire book, which as I said, is as a whole, the documenting of the times. That said, the bible speaks similarly of Cain and Abel. Does that makes Jews and the Bible a matter of racism as well? If so, then your position is probably that you don't believe in God or Christianity. So whether of not Mormons are racists is tangential to your true position which is contrary to the entire Judeo/Christian belief.

21. ChiKaea

ChiKaea New Member

Did you just totally miss my post? I didn't quote you, so I'm guessing that was what you needed in order to pay attention to it.

Not to mention the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's who were Lamanites that came back to the truth. I may be wrong, but I don't remember anything about their skin being changed.

22. Wolverine

I believe that verse is quite clear and concise. Is there a different way to read it?

If used in that context, yes.

My belief in god leans towards the "no", but I am very open to the the idea. I do not believe that Christianity is the only answer, I believe that any religion can in fact have divine inspiration, but that inspiration is lost in translation. Hence the deviation from love, tolerance, and acceptance, to the divisive religions that are so predominant today (and contradict what we see as true in reality).

23. Wolverine

Is there something to be misunderstood in that verse?

It seems rather clear and concise.

24. elijah

elijah New Member

I think he's stoned when he write's, because thats the way it looks.

25. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

Nice post...reasonable. It occurs to me that the whole purpose of recording the BoM, as stated often in the records, is the convincing of Jews, precisely the Lamanites, and Gentiles that Jesus was the Christ. In other words it wasn't some man made compilation, written to divide and conquer, exalting one race above another. It was written to bind those divisions which were already in play, back together.