Obama Pledges to Pass Amnesty for Illegal Aliens!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by yes/no, Feb 25, 2012.

1. yes/no

yes/no New Member

2. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

He's telling them to "punish their enemies (anyone not pro-Obama) and reward their friends (him of course)".
    Obama did the one thing liberals have wanted most for many years, get federal control of national health-care. Anything else is icing on the cake.

3. WatcherOfTheGate

WatcherOfTheGate New Member

That would put him in the company of Saint Ronnie.

4. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Obama is going around to all his special interests base groups, kissing rear and re-promising he will take care of them "in the next five years" (because he blew them off the last three plus years).

How many of them will stay home and not vote due to profound disinterest in such a liar? Plenty, I'll bet. Fool me once, become president. Fool me twice, become ex president. Still, it's good to watch him grovel.

5. sec

sec Well-Known Member

nobody wants to say the words but at the end of the day, it's about getting Democrat votes

6. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well I have said several times that Republicans shouldn't get to confident of winning in Nov. Obama has most of the Black vote and I think most of the Hispanic vote. Asians and Jews usually vote Democratic and there is a lot of Whites that are Democratic. I think the Republicans will be lucky to pull it off. Especially since the Republican Congress has done little to change things. I'm sure Hispanics feel if they are to get citizenship any time soon, it will have to come through the Democratic Party. Obama is back promising everybody.

7. Rexxon

Rexxon Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to say I just can't go for amnesty at this time.

What people that advocate amnesty do not realize (or they just don't care) is that granting amnesty to illegal aliens doesn't help anyone.

Those newly legal immigrants will now, by law, have to be paid minimum wage, be given government allowed benefits and such. These are the things those companies that originally hired them wanted to avoid, to save themselves some money.

Thus, I theorize that the employers will simply FIRE the newly legal immigrants and hire MORE illegal immigrants.

All this leads to is a much larger number of people leeching off of our limited social safety net. It does not benefit the newly legal immigrant that now has to fight for jobs because he has to be paid legally. It does not help our strained hospitals, schools, and shelters. It only helps the businesses that will just hire another batch of illegals to replace the ones they fire.

No amnesty for the United States of America unless we seal the borders tight. I mean really tight. And we need to enact laws that level critically high fines and jail time for employers that hire illegal immigrants. We also need to make E-Verify mandatory for all employers to use.

Otherwise, this amnesty movement will not solve a thing. History will just keep repeating itself.

8. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

Exactly, it doesn't help matters. In fact, it only begets more illegal immigration.

Most of those who support amnesty for illegal immigrants are Hispanic/minority (no surprise there), intimately involved with the Hispanic/minority community, or simply ideological in that sense. All these people support amnesty or less stringent immigration measures for the wrong reasons. Though their support for amnesty and such is built upon questionable grounds, they'll call you all manner of negative things for supporting tougher immigration policies for the right reasons. It's hard to say what the future holds for this issue.

9. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I agree with you completely. You took the words right out of my mouth. With so many Americans out of work and stretching our social services to the bone, we don't need to add to it or have more foreigners fighting for the jobs Americans can work. YES, SEAL THAT BORDER ONCE AND FOR ALL.

10. leftlegmoderate

The number of illegally employed immigrants is somewhere around half the number of unemployed natural born citizens. Only a small portion of the jobs held by illegals, are "jobs Americans won't do". Crazy isn't it?

11. NoPartyAffiliation

NoPartyAffiliation New Member

12. leftlegmoderate

With what conditions?

13. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

People have been arguing over immigration in North America since 1620. No one has fixed it yet. If there's an amnesty program it will be because the Congress critters finally passed it and the president signed it. So if Obama is promising amnesty it must be because he knows that Congress will pass it.

14. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

The Recently Arrived "Future Citizenry" are Sinking California ,Our First "Sanctuary State" so why not Be Like California ?:nod:

15. NoPartyAffiliation

NoPartyAffiliation New Member

Oh hell I haven't really thought about it. I guess a thorough background check to make sure there is no criminal record would be a good start. Other than that, I'm not sure I care all that much.

16. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Remember Obama would rather give amnesty to illegals than their jobs to out of work Americans. Remember that before you vote in November.

17. Professor Peabody

How do you do a background check in their home country when most don't even keep accessible records?

18. YukonBloamie

YukonBloamie Banned

"My presidency is not over. I've got another five years coming up. We're going to get this done."

-- Pres. Obama

Well said. :blankstare:

19. Professor Peabody

When do fat and slim mean the same thing?

20. Boston-MA

Boston-MA Banned

Or, Obama is using the promise of amnesty to lure voters, even if he knows that Congress would not pass it.

I believe that the only thing that Obama and his team are actually good at is campaigning. And I believe immigration is another campaign ploy heading to the elections, just like a well crafted plan to bring up social issues repeatedly over the last month or two to diminish Romney in the GOP primaries. By introducing all of these social topics, it gives Santorum greater talking points, which will appeal to the far conservative right, and spark divide in the GOP. There is no question that Obama wants to go up against Santorum and would struggle with Romney.

As for granting amnesty, I think it is crazy, all of the evidence would suggest that such a plan would only make it worse. We need more fact-based decisions in this country, not pandering.

21. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Please cite your facts that tell you mass legalization would increase our GDP by over a trillion dollars. I'd like to see that.

22. Professor Peabody

I second that motion and no kook blogs please.

23. Professor Peabody

That's why the Democrats never brought it up in 2009 and 2010 when they had a near super majority and "could" have gotten it through.

24. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

You have millions of people, and their families, whose main economic contribution to this country is running a leaf blower and lawn mower.
    In the meantime our schools spend millions of dollars installing remedial curricula in Spanish, our hospitals become HMO's for the uninsured and our legal system is overwhelmed by an illegal influx.
    ADD a trillion to our GDP? Don't make me laugh. By the way, I intend to steal your signature. It's great.

Update: I DID steal your signature! It's great.

25. deanberryministries

deanberryministries Banned