+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 92

Thread: Did Congress Support 'the lie'?

  1. #1
    Location: here
    Posts: 12,293
    Blog Entries: 9
    My Latest Mood: Buzzed

    Default Did Congress Support 'the lie'?

    In 2002, Congress passed a bill that allowed Jerusalem-born American citizens to choose to have "Israel" listed as their country of origin on their passports
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1080820.html



    how is this possible?


    Why isn't the better view," Sotomayor wondered, "that we let Congress express its approval and disapproval in the mechanism set up by the Constitution to do so," such as withholding approval of an ambassador or refusing to fund an embassy, rather than letting Congress infringe on “a presidential power that has been exercised virtually since the beginning of the country?"

    Justice Antonin Scalia agreed that Congress "has an innumerable number of clubs with which to beat the executive." And if the issue could be settled between the other two branches through use of their own constitutional weapons, then, Scalia asked, "Why is it any of our business?"




    I had no idea this was actually occuring!

    Jeruselem aint israel, it never has been, and if a person is born in america, their place of origin is america.....


    Wow............... no wonder people hate America. "WE the people' have lying sob's taking over our congress!


    .




    .
    Last edited by Bishadi; Feb 27 2012 at 05:00 AM.

  2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

  3. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishadi View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1080820.html



    how is this possible?







    I had no idea this was actually occuring!

    Jeruselem aint israel, it never has been, and if a person is born in america, their place of origin is america.....


    Wow............... no wonder people hate America. "WE the people' have lying sob's taking over our congress!


    .




    .
    Half of Jerusalem has been part of modern Israel since its founding.

  4. #3
    Location: here
    Posts: 12,293
    Blog Entries: 9
    My Latest Mood: Buzzed

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Half of Jerusalem has been part of modern Israel since its founding.
    In which part of UN Res 181?

    http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/un/res181.htm

    That Res is what made Israel!

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishadi View Post
    In which part of UN Res 181?

    http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/un/res181.htm

    That Res is what made Israel!
    UN 181 was nothing more than a plan. It had no legal effect.

  6. #5
    Location: here
    Posts: 12,293
    Blog Entries: 9
    My Latest Mood: Buzzed

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dixon76710 View Post
    UN 181 was nothing more than a plan. It had no legal effect.

    no wonder palestinians dont accept israel.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishadi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dixon76710 View Post
    UN 181 was nothing more than a plan. It had no legal effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishadi View Post
    no wonder palestinians dont accept israel.
    Revealing, such strong opinions on a topic you know nothing about.

  8. #7
    Location: here
    Posts: 12,293
    Blog Entries: 9
    My Latest Mood: Buzzed

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dixon76710 View Post
    Revealing, such strong opinions on a topic you know nothing about.

    I suppose exodus is what made israel to you?

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishadi View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1080820.html



    how is this possible?







    I had no idea this was actually occuring!

    Jeruselem aint israel, it never has been, and if a person is born in america, their place of origin is america.....


    Wow............... no wonder people hate America. "WE the people' have lying sob's taking over our congress!


    .




    .
    Your original post says "Born in Jerusalem", that's not in America....





    That's in ISRAEL !

  10. #9
    Location: here
    Posts: 12,293
    Blog Entries: 9
    My Latest Mood: Buzzed

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilos View Post
    Your original post says "Born in Jerusalem", that's not in America....





    That's in ISRAEL !
    Apparently you dont know the law:

    United Nations Security Council Resolution 476, adopted on June 30, 1980, declared that "all legislative and administrative measures and actions taken by Israel, the occupying Power, which purport to alter the character and status of the Holy City of Jerusalem have no legal validity and constitute a flagrant violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention".





    g'lose................... when it comes to comprehending what is real



    ie..... jeruselem aint israel, no matter how much you wish.

    but what i crack up about is, you call it israel and in the heart of is, muslim prayers are on loud speakers, 5 times a day.

    whatcha gonna do about it?

    i bet, 'nutt'in honey'

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishadi View Post
    Apparently you dont know the law:

    United Nations Security Council Resolution 476, adopted on June 30, 1980, declared that "all legislative and administrative measures and actions taken by Israel, the occupying Power, which purport to alter the character and status of the Holy City of Jerusalem have no legal validity and constitute a flagrant violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention".





    g'lose................... when it comes to comprehending what is real



    ie..... jeruselem aint israel, no matter how much you wish.

    but what i crack up about is, you call it israel and in the heart of is, muslim prayers are on loud speakers, 5 times a day.

    whatcha gonna do about it?

    i bet, 'nutt'in honey'


    I dont need to do anything m8, Israel doesnt need to do anything, we are fine the way things are right now, Muslims and Christians are welcome to Jerusalem and can pray as much as they want, in our capital city
    Last edited by Gilos; Feb 29 2012 at 09:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Support gels for extending insider trading rules to Congress
    By BroncoBilly in forum Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Feb 09 2012, 12:07 PM
  2. Congress can and will support Ron Paul
    By nomoreneocons in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Feb 04 2012, 02:09 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 20 2011, 07:54 AM
  4. Replies: 184
    Last Post: Oct 13 2011, 08:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks