+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66

Thread: Gun Related Deaths In America 2012 #2

  1. Default

    The majority of gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides,[5] with 17,352 (55.6%) of the total 31,224 firearm-related deaths in 2007 due to suicide, while 12,632 (40.5%) were homicide deaths.[6]

    the same year (2007):

    total deaths involving auto accidents: 41,059. Significantly more than all gun-related deaths. BAN ALL VEHICLES!

    (all stats taken from wiki)
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson.

  2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

  3. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danboy9787 View Post
    That's funny. Not a single person to ever exist was killed by a gun. There are only 3 ways to die. Natural, nature, and by somebody. That is pretty much it. A gun has nothing against you.
    That’s why i think abortion is murder. It is not nature nor natural that a unborn died but human action in the event of abortion. If you drive your car into a pregnant woman and the unborn dies its manslaughter. But its ok too dump the unborn in a bucket as long as the mom is ok with it.

    I find it hypocritical that folks rail against guns but support the wholesale slaughter of unborn children.

    Also kids die all the time from gang shootings sometimes innocent children just trying to go to school but because they are minorities you never hear about it outside of local papers.

    I go downtown for coffee and hear the elitist liberals railing about shooting like the OP posted like its some drama to talk about but i never hear them talk about those poor black and Mexican kids who die the same way. I don’t know what race this shooter in Ohio is but i bet he is white and in a majority white school. If its national news then the odds are i am correct.
    Last edited by marbro; Feb 27 2012 at 11:29 PM.
    I fear not terrorist, I fear the loss of liberty.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marbro View Post
    Thatís why i think abortion is murder. It is not nature nor natural that a unborn died but human action in the event of abortion. If you drive your car into a pregnant woman and the unborn dies its manslaughter. But its ok too dump the unborn in a bucket as long as the mom is ok with it.

    I find it hypocritical that folks rail against guns but support the wholesale slaughter of unborn children.

    Also kids die all the time from gang shootings sometimes innocent children just trying to go to school but because they are minorities you never hear about it outside of local papers.

    I go downtown for coffee and hear the elitist liberals railing about shooting like the OP posted like its some drama to talk about but i never hear them talk about those poor black and Mexican kids who die the same way. I donít know what race this shooter in Ohio is but i bet he is white and in a majority white school. If its national news then the odds are i am correct.
    That is exactly my abortion argument too. If it is something we can easily prevent (which it is seeing as we cause it) then we should prevent it.
    Crime cannot be controlled, but it can be regulated and managed. History tells us that prohibition makes crime MUCH WORSE. Crime lords will not have much to sell on the black market if you just legalize stuff.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson.

  5. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danboy9787 View Post
    That is exactly my abortion argument too. If it is something we can easily prevent (which it is seeing as we cause it) then we should prevent it.
    Crime cannot be controlled, but it can be regulated and managed. History tells us that prohibition makes crime MUCH WORSE. Crime lords will not have much to sell on the black market if you just legalize stuff.
    The war on drugs and welfare combined helped keep blacks communities left over from segregation in a form of perputual economic slavery. The war on drugs has done more harm to our country than the drugs themselves. People are just starting to wake up to this fact.
    I fear not terrorist, I fear the loss of liberty.

  6. Default

    As to the OP. I am sure this will end up being blames on an illegal (stolen) gun or an improperly secured weapon. It is ridiculous.

    I do think some standards need to be set for this stuff.
    When we can see a better future for our nations children we can focus on the non issue; issues.

  7. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danboy9787 View Post
    That's funny. Not a single person to ever exist was killed by a gun. There are only 3 ways to die. Natural, nature, and by somebody. That is pretty much it. A gun has nothing against you.
    Okay, I will change the title of the thread to read 'Americans Who Murder Other Americans With Guns', then.
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

    "The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

  8. #17

    Default

    If you want to argue about car related deaths, start your own thread and stop taking mine off topic.


    Another shooting in Houston. Guy was singing karaoke and got shot in the head:

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...-1226286172650
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

    "The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    If you want to argue about car related deaths, start your own thread and stop taking mine off topic.


    Another shooting in Houston. Guy was singing karaoke and got shot in the head:

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...-1226286172650
    Maybe he was a terrible singer?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    Okay, I will change the title of the thread to read 'Americans Who Murder Other Americans With Guns', then.
    And are you calling it murder when it's justifiable homicide??

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    If you want to argue about car related deaths, start your own thread and stop taking mine off topic.


    Another shooting in Houston. Guy was singing karaoke and got shot in the head:

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...-1226286172650



    http://nakedlaw.avvo.com/2010/10/8-h...al-gun-owners/
    Guns are always a divisive topic. Some stand by their rights to bear arms, and they say that private firearms stop millions of crimes each year. Those opposed to gun ownership believe that the more guns that are out in the public, the more shootings and deaths will take place.

    Regardless of where you stand on the issue, it is interesting to note the high number of incidents where legal gun owners were able to use their weapons to stop some horrible crimes. Here are just 8 such stories for you to consider

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gun Related Deaths In America 2012
    By Makedde in forum Gun Control
    Replies: 595
    Last Post: Feb 27 2012, 04:21 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Oct 30 2011, 10:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks