Modern atheists are more moral than religious people, in general.

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by FreedomSeeker, Mar 2, 2012.

1. FreedomSeeker

FreedomSeeker Well-Known Member

No killing of gays in their texts (generally), their belief system is not on record as discriminating against women (generally, of course), no supremacism over another group because Moses heard voices in his head thousands of years ago, no killing of people who leave the religion, no death to blasphemers, no request to be "celibate" (which leads to priest child-abuse, of course), etc. The list is endless.

Here is a list of hundreds and hundreds of further examples!
    http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/inj/long.html

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/int/long.html

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/fv/long.html

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index.htm

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/BOM/index.htm

(I only saw 2 threads I'd started, on the main page, so I'm not over-posting.)

2. Neutral

Neutral New Member Past Donor

Is there some kind of schools that atheists go to to constantly repeat the same dogmatic crap?

Would any atheist care to address how another random atheist can pop up making the EXACT same arguement about their supposedly superior morality?

Its magicaly how atheists can all make the exact same dogmatic points and then claim they have no doctrine and are all rugged bear meat eating individualists who all arrive at the EXACT same conclusions .... apparently over beart meat and a nice dipping sauce.

3. FreedomSeeker

It's telling that you chose to blame the messenger instead of refute, with SPECIFICS, the horrific moral behavior that I pointed out in the links on OP. If not, then you likely are indeed NOT as moral as modern day atheists, I argue.

4. Neutral

Its already been done a thousand times, I am just wondering why you all sound alike in your preachy street corner smug sense of superiority.

The concept of personal responsibility? Dead.

I mean why judge man based on his actions rather than his faith choice?

You are more moral than everyone else simply because you are a modern atheist? Your smug dishnesty toward everyone else's faith already forgotten about?

What's to argue? Clearly, narcissus has spoken.

5. FreedomSeeker

With little effect, as the number of atheists is increasing rapidly. While the number of chrisitians (or at least as a percentage of the population) is heading downward. Because Secular Humanism teaches morals/science, and religion often teaches immorality/magic/superstition.

6. FreedomSeeker

Secular Humanism is more moral than any religion, so if I can follow it well, then yes, but if I don't follow it well, then no, probably not.
    Good point, Neutral, the best belief system ever is just a starting point for being moral, but a vital starting point nonetheless.

7. Neutral

There you go, you prove my point, you just lied about my faith and used a sterotypical generalization that is little more than a logical fallacy.

Not sure how someone so dishonest about the faith of others can consider himself, by dint of his faith while totally ignoring his actions, to be MORE moral than other people ... based solely on their faith.

Oh, that's right narcassism.

Are you getting my rebuttal? I think your claims are little more than narcassitic tendancies and are rooted in deep self esteem issues that cause atheists to lash out. Its why theologians the world over consider atheism to be self worship (and if you doubt it, then why is your faith, rather than your behavior the test of YOUR morality?) to be little more than self worship.

Go ahead and demonstrate that your sources are not just the self fulfilling prattle of narcassists feeding their own narcassism?

8. Neutral

Which is interetsing, because you never say anything about your own belief system, you just crap on other people with deliberate dishonesty and extraordinary strawmen of other people's faith.

And if its secular humanism driving you to do that? That that religion is fundamentally broken.

Fortuantely, I am quite famuiliar with secular humanism, and thus, as I say above, your antics are the result of your poor choices and lazi bigotry toward religion in general. A Real Secular Humanist is not frightened by different faiths. You, quite clearly are.

9. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Reminds me of the episode of South Park when Cartman froze himself, and was thawed 500 years later. No religion or belief system will be without conflict, that much is for certain.

10. FreedomSeeker

SH is about freedom, about equality, about fairness, love of gays, love of women (no discrimination), scientific-method (not magic), reason, evidence-based (vs. "faith"), love (sometimes "tough love"), freedom to choose one's belief system (no death for apostasy - but we'll argue against you belief system if we can show a better way), accountability (Muslims don't hold Mohammad accountable for pedophilia), racial equality, respect for the planet (unlike the milllions of Americans who don't give a dang because they believe the end is near), logic, common sense, the jury-process, giving to charity, reasonable economic freedom, democracy, working towards fitness, hard work, etc.

The best beliefs ever.

11. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

This is all pretty brainless. Is someone paying you to come on this forum and make atheists look stupid?

12. FreedomSeeker

I'm calling you out! List an equal number of attributes of YOUR belief system system, if it is so great. I BET you can't do that.

13. Neutral

So blatant dishonesty is what drives you? Your evidence that there is no God? Non existent. Love? You crap all over other people based solely on their faith. Freedom to choose beliefs? I huess you authored the friggin' US Constitution!!! Accountability? Seriously? You are anything but accountable, and blatantly dishonest. Racial equality? All men are created equal? We are all God's creation? You dreamt this up, eh? respect for the planet? So all secular humanists have mandatory recycling and drive nothing but prius's? And this is all logic and common sense?

In other words, you referrenced nothing but emotion.

Let's see, what sounds good ... yeah that is what I believe. Secular humanism is about FREEDOM and DEMONCRACY! And Pink Teddy Bears!

Here is what secular humanism is really about.

http://www.secularhumanism.org/

Secular humanism’s cognitive thrust lies in its naturalistic worldview; its emotional or affective thrust lies in its positive ethical outlook.

In other words, you just made a bunch of crap up! You don;t have any idea what secular humanism, just like you don;t have any idea what other people's religions are about - why am I not shocked that this ignorance is literally all encompassing?

14. FreedomSeeker

Extraordinary claims (god) require extraordinary evidence (you have none). I DON'T HAVE TO PROVE A MAGIC MAN IN THE SKY DOESN'T EXIST, YOU HAVE TO PROVE HE *DOES* EXIST!

Show me where on that web site they are AGAINST anything I mentioned in that post. You can't.

Is the Bible about Freedom and Democracy? Are those good concepts, or not? If they are indeed good, then why doesn't the Bible promote them, instead it talks about killing adulterers, killing gays, fear, dragons, talking donkeys, approval of slavery (even Jesus approved of slavery). So did slave-holder Mohammad.

15. Neutral

Prove there is no God. Otherwise, just like GZ all you are doing is being a dick.

16. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

an omnipotent being who can part the waters of the red sea with flick of his pinkie finger but can't be bothered to save 315,000 in the Haiti earthquake or 225,000 victims of the 2004 boxing day tsunami, seismic events that it would also have caused...overwhelming evidence there is no god....

17. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

a gov that bans religion is as bad as one that pushes religion imo, look at china, they push Atheism

18. Neutral

Why would he? You are placing yourself as God, a trait I believe many people have pointed out about atheism, and offering it as proof?

That is science and reason is it?

You do realize that life is temporary and the soul is forever, as God - since you appear to feel unique qualified to make decisions and judgements as a God - what exactly is death to God?

Yeah, I know you think the entire world has to revolve around the only thing you give a damb about - you - but that isn't how God or the world operates. Eventually, rational, logical, intellectual people grasp this ... and they grow up.

So get cracking on your ACTUAL science or just acknowledge that you are just another in a long line of atheists that is acting like a dick :clap:

19. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

:laughing: science isn't required to prove a negative only adult logic not childish beliefs in spooks, fairies and things that go bump in the night....Eventually, rational, logical, intellectual people grasp this ... and they grow up.

20. Neutral

Agh, you can prove a negative - but that takes actual intellectual effort - the effortless resort to insults rather than science? Yep, that is indeed atheism.

The claim of science and fact? Supported by play ground antics. I mean all good science begins with a few storied immature insults. How silly of me. Gosh, every educated person knows that science is really just a bunch of empty claims and defensive insults. I mean a lack of civility is taught to everyone in Ph.D level science classes. Duh!

YEAH ATHEISM!!!

21. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

Wow..

you have zero right to claim moral superiority.

22. FreedomSeeker

That's a great Ron Paul observation in your signature line!

So which overall belief system is the best, in your option. I picked one, now can you please do the same?

23. Neutral

ROFL!!!!

I do like the fact that he added MY listing of where seculatr humanism can be found ... after providing it for him. He clearly has no idea what the faith even means, but gosh darn its the best thing out there!!!!

Now, the atheists who are always up in arms about prostlytizing? Oh I wonder where they are now?

Heh atheism - this is your future in FS. Enjoy!

24. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

OK, so you say you believe in science, but you want God to break the laws of science to save people from earthquakes and hurricanes.

25. FreedomSeeker

NOW COME ON WYLY, YOU DANG WELL KNOW GOD IS TOO BUSY TO DO THAT BECAUSE HE'S BUSY HEALING ALL THOSE AMPUTEES!!

Seriously, I love religious logic: "ha! you can't disprove my fairy tale so it must be true!!"

Neutral, prove Bigfoot doesn't exist for us will ya. Also prove the Lochness Monster doesn't exist while you're at it! These people NEED Secular Humanism.