Rush Limbaugh Apologizes to Ms. Fluke

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JP5, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ent-he-called-slut-for-insulting-word-choices

In his statement on his website on Saturday, Limbaugh said, "For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke."

He went on to add, however, "I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line?"

He continued, "In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level."
    But the brief statement concluded apologetically: "My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.

2. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

3. Speeders R Murderers

Speeders R Murderers Banned

Not much of an apology but i wish he hadn't apologized at all. Fluke is a slut and deserves a public flogging.

4. Sadanie

Sadanie Well-Known Member Past Donor

What does that make every man who has sexual relationship with a woman who uses insurance covered birth control? A pimp?

Rush Limbaugh is feeling the heat! His sponsors are dropping him like what he is: Sh. . !

This time he has gone beyond what any rational mind would accept. . .

Now. . .there still are those so brainwashed that they insist in holding out for dear life in the sewer!

5. JP5

Rush is a good man. He thought about it for awhile and realized he'd crossed a line that he shouldn't have. He doesn't want to be like Bill Maher and I believe he realized that choice of words placed him right in with the likes of Bill. And that's not where anybody wants to be.

Good for Rush. I knew he'd do it. These issues can be discussed and debated without all the name-calling.

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Sadanie

I guess that's why you have been defending his words all along?

What did you call it just yesterday? . . .I think it rhymed with "Hypocrisy!" :roll:

7. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ent-he-called-slut-for-insulting-word-choices

I agree with him here. And it's especially annoying that someone would try shoehorning contraception coverage under the guise of legitimate health issues where BC is used as medication.

Fluke is an activist and an ideologue, that much is obvious.

8. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

....and will all those Republicans who supported him plus his abuse of the use of free speech and came to his defence, also offer public apologies?

I, for one, will not hold my breath.

9. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hilarious.

Perhaps if Rush would stop saying such insanely stupid things, he would not have to apologize for the incredibly stupid things he says.

The man predator, preying on the minds of the dullards, telling them their position in life is not their fault, providing bogeymen for them to hate.

10. Subdermal

Subdermal Banned

Hypocritical that you two will not hold people like Maher, Letterman and Schultz to the same standard.
    Mod Edit: Comment was unneeded and against our mission statement

11. JP5

For every advertiser he lost, he was going to get many more. That wasn't the reason.

Now, we'll see if those on the left who have done worse.....Bill Maher, David Letterman, will "man up" and follow suit. Maybe Rush has set an example for these guys to follow.....or at least STOP their attacks on conservative women? Any bets?

HillBilly and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Albert Di Salvo

Maybe so, but in my experience it is a mistake to ever give any leftist any quarter whatsoever. The left must be kept in a constant struggle for its very life. That stops leftists from having the initiative.

I am different than most conservatives because I have adopted the tactics of the leftists to use against them. Leftists never apologize and never tell the truth. The figurative sword is the only thing leftists understand. They won't stop until their ideas are completely discredited in everyone's eyes.

13. exotix

exotix New Member Past Donor

... even this thing called an apology is nothing more than insane babble ...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...threadId=3361125&commentId=63035911#c63035911

Limbaugh also denied he was opposed to birth control, according to a transcript of his show.

“This is about expanding the reach and power of government into your womb, if you're a woman.
    This is about the Democrat Party wanting more and more control over you.

What was early feminism all about?
    Emancipation, individuality, freedom, liberation, all of these things.
    Now here comes Danica Patrick out and she says, 'I'm perfectly comfortable letting the government make my health decisions for me.'

Well, folks, I'm gonna tell you: Right there, that's the death and the end of feminism.”

[​IMG]

14. Think for myself

Correct me if I am wrong, though I am not, but aren't Maher and Lettermen like comedy people?

15. Subdermal

Subdermal Banned

You're going to have to point out to me an incorrect statement in there.

And I'll also remind you that you have never once in your entire life demanded an apology from Bill Maher or David Letterman for called Sarah Palin the exact same thing.

Stop it!

Joker and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Another one bites the dust.

Obama 1
    limbo 0

17. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

he should have never apologized to the slut.

18. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

So you have found me supporting Maher, Letterman and Schultz? Good luck with your research of over 11,000 of my posts to back up your claim.

19. Albert Di Salvo

When the ship sinks everyone on board drowns, including the feminists.

20. Rapunzel

What difference does that make? Rush does a lot of comedy too. If you're a comedian, that makes it OK?

21. Think for myself

Well, two are comedians and one is a political talk show host. See the difference?

22. JP5

What does the liberal's hypocrisy have to do with Rush Limbaugh? I was referring to the way they got all outraged over this but it was crickets when Maher called Bristol Palin a whore and slut. Not to mention the horrible things said about Sarah Palin's innocent little baby boy.

The left's outrage over Rush would have meant something had we witnessed them doing it before in the above-mentioned instances.

BTW, I did not defend his words all along. My discussions was not defending what he said.....it was condemning those who seemed to hold a double standard on these issues......including our president who in my memory never condemned what was said about Palin, her baby, or her daughter. And he certainly never called them.

23. Subdermal

Subdermal Banned

Aren't feminists the ones saying that no one can tell them what they can do with their bodies?

Here's an example of a woman saying that someone can: the Government. That's what he meant by the death of feminism.

Feminism - like Liberalism in general - is a gateway to totalitarianism. You just got a different brand.

The12thMan and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Sadanie

Did you find a post SUPPORTING Maher, or Letterman or Schultz comments?

You see. . .that would be the key for a need to apologize!

Would you like me to remind you of the MANY posts you produced DEFENDING Rush's words and going even further in insulting women?

That is the key to YOUR need to apologize!

25. Rapunzel

No/10 char.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.