+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
Results 361 to 369 of 369

Thread: We are at the peak in world oil production...

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    Big Oil propaganda. You accept their price-gouging and advocate alternatives that have been proven premature.
    What price gouging? I buy electricity for my car, I leave funding the Jihadists and making Canadians wealthy to those ignorant enough to think that EVs are "proven premature" rather than something I hop in and drive in every day.

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound
    We've heard about all these futuristic fuels for fifty years.
    Electricity? Sure..and we've been using it for even longer than that, glad you finally got around to hearing about it. I use it to power my car, how about you, still stuck on funding Jihadists?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound
    The economic truth is that the oilhead stockholders could just as easily pull their money out and invest in Greenhead fantasies, but they all know that is pseudoscience and a waste of money. So does Obama. Look at the price of gasoline now and you will know what side this lawn jockey is really on.
    How about I pay no attention because I am quite happy using electricity to fuel my car. 3500# of greenhead fantasies, takes the kids to school, me around town, hard to call it a fantasy, what with the size of the thing, but maybe there aren't many on the compound in Idaho, let me guess, monster trucks with shotgun racks in the rear window, a nice dog in the passenger seat instead of a decent woman because they all fled for less rural areas where those who have made something of themselves left for awhile ago?


  2. Default Re: We are at the peak in world oil production...

    A wise man once told me to ignore all problems until you have a complete, no cost and risk free solution in hand.

    I think he died though. Cancer, they suspect. Needed an operation. Only a 90 percent success rate though.

  3. #363

    Default

    I don't think the government wants alternative fuels. They make too much money in oil. Hydrogen would probly break most State and local governments.

    Natural gas as fuel is not a pipe dream. We have the gas and the technology.
    The truth is neither right or left...it is the truth.

    Forget about the mule, load the cart!

  4. #364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by politicalcenter View Post
    I don't think the government wants alternative fuels. They make too much money in oil. Hydrogen would probly break most State and local governments.

    Natural gas as fuel is not a pipe dream. We have the gas and the technology.
    Economics cannot be ignored in the oil discussion. IMO 97% of people will not consider change unless it makes economical sense.

    If oil production represents about 9% of US GDP, or maybe about $1.3 trillion, which also might represent about 13 million US jobs, then economically any discussions about changing oil output becomes critical. Just a 10% reduction relates to a loss of 1.3 million jobs. Any increase in the cost of oil forces inflation of literally everything in society.

    Of course whatever alternative eventually displaces oil products will also create an economy...depending on what this might be will determine if it's a net gain or loss of economy.

    It is extremely beneficial to any economy to have inexpensive fuel/energy...
    Did you know both our problems and the solutions can be found simply by looking in our mirrors...and...Never confuse the extraordinary stuff I think and write with that of a well-balanced person!

    When Americans wake up so will the country...until then...we remain comatose and hopeless.

    If you're not careful with your life's decisions, you will spend all your time in a cul-de-sac!

  5. Default Re: We are at the peak in world oil production...

    We will always have the least expensive energy that's available. One current problem is that we are only paying part of the cost of fossil fuels as we use them. The other part in taxes. Like the security of our supply and the cost of waste disposal.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeakProphet View Post
    Okay. Define privilege.
    Legal entitlement to benefit from the uncompensated violation of others' rights.
    So now you HAVE claimed there is a distribution, and just as fast admit it doesn't exist, and are going to make one up.
    Speaking of makin' $#!+ up...
    So now, can I assign the term "stupid" to you or not for something this ridiculous?
    It's simply a less unequal form of the empirically observed distribution.
    Log base my ass, it is a beta.
    You don't know what you are talking about. e is the base of natural logarithms.
    No wait, it is defined by a Pert! No...can't be, it must be a gamma! A weibull! No! A Laplace!
    <yawn> Are you quite through?
    Just STOP already. You don't know what it is,
    Yes, I do.
    and I can make up just as many distributions as you can which don't apply.
    The difference is that the distribution I describe DOES apply. It is empirically observed.
    Likewise, you can't define what the right distribution is, therefore you have nothing to adjust.
    I just did define it: rewards commensurate with contributions.
    While making up cool systems to decide who you want to hand the reward to is amusing, there is one given. Those making up the right distribution will be sure it identifies them as the ones who deserve the most reward.
    Already proved wrong, stupid, and dishonest.
    because regardless of the shape of the distribution you don't know and can't even guess out with a straight face, to do that is human.
    No, it is only what YOU would do because you are totally focused on enabling your own greed.

    As usual, you can't dispute let alone refute anything I've written, so you make some stupid $#!+ up and attribute it to me.

    It is a lie to claim that you know what the current distribution is.
    Why lie about what I have plainly written?
    You already admitted that yourself.
    Stop lying.
    I recommend you apply the law of holes already..when in one, STOP DIGGIN ALREADY!
    <yawn>
    You want to use statistical mumbo jumbo to create some half baked concept of Communism,
    Why even bother with such stupid lies?
    just have the balls to SAY SO, and take the lumps associated with the position
    Which you made up and are attributing to me in order to have something to screech about.
    rather than running around talking about a distribution that doesn't exist
    It does exist. In fact, it is well known.
    and you can't provide me any basis for beyond making it up out of thin air.
    I've already told you the basis.
    Well, when someone builds the distribution showing how all rewards should be allocated on the planet, and the measure, let us know, kay pumpkin?
    When you figure out what you erroneously thought that meant, let us know, kay pumpkin?
    And who might that be?
    Almost everyone.
    Let me guess! People you know!
    <yawn>

    Again, you have nothing to contribute, so you make some stupid, dishonest $#!+ up and attribute it to me. It's always the same with apologists for greed, privilege and injustice. Observe:
    And of course, yourself for having noticed, and rigged phantom distributions to make sure whatever the measure is, you've got lots of it and therefore deserve the reward, your talent having been unfairly suppressed all these years by the privilege and wealth of what some of us would call hard work, education and training, decades of applying it and the resulting rewards which now...someone else deserves!
    See?
    Try and get petroleum engineers at the top of that make believe distribution, can you do that for us? Heck, we're the guys making sure other guys can put gasoline in their tanks and (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) the entire way to work about how unfair it is that gas costs what it does, so we deserve extra reward for making all that whining even possible!
    Lots of people claim to be indispensable for lots of reasons. But in due course they all die and are replaced.


    Now I see, it is the evil of patent laws and copyright!
    It's a major evil. Not the only or even biggest one.
    It is obvious that no one should ever be allowed to profit from their hard earned ideas, how dare these people have an idea! The horror! An idea! And wanting to make a buck off of it...goodness no, say it ain't so!
    See? You're just makin' stupid, dishonest $#!+ up and attributing it to me again.
    I asked for a relevant fact. Please give me enough of the percentiles of the natural distribution of wealth or reward to calculate it for myself, and the basis for it. Any footnote in a science journal providing the basis for said distribution would be fine.
    Try http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/St...hanicsOfMoney/

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy L View Post
    Legal entitlement to benefit from the uncompensated violation of others' rights.
    Well, you are wrong then. If there is one thing America requires, it is that you must compensate people from whom you take things (thinking eminent domain), and you can't violate their rights. Thank goodness we have that copyright law you were complaining about earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyL
    You don't know what you are talking about. e is the base of natural logarithms.
    If you didn't get the point I was making, you really perhaps are dumber than I originally suspected. You don't know what the distribution is. End of story. If you wish to make one up, so can I, and without that distribution, you can no more define the fair distribution of reward than anyone else can.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyL
    It does exist. In fact, it is well known.
    Then show me 100 percentiles of this distribution, and where you got it from. Kids stuff, if in fact it is well known.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyL
    It's a major evil. Not the only or even biggest one.
    And yet it is required to make sure the right people can be compensated for their ideas. So which is it, a horrible evil, or exactly the protection needed so the little guy can lord it over the evil people who, in your world, are making more then they should, but you can't explain what they should earn because you have no distribution showing what the relationship between compensation and contribution should be?

    Make up your mind which it is, and if you can't, change your dosage so you can think straight enough to decide which side of this fence you wish to sit on.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeakProphet View Post
    Well, you are wrong then.
    No, I am objectively correct and you are objectively wrong.
    If there is one thing America requires, it is that you must compensate people from whom you take things (thinking eminent domain),
    No, that's a grotesque, absurd, and outrageous fabrication. America is built on uncompensated, forcible removal of people's rights, from the forcible dispossession and deliberate extermination of aboriginals, to the enslavement of Africans, to the invasions of foreign countries and/or covert removals of their democratically elected governments, to the removal of people's liberty to use money free of debt, to the return of slavery through the evil and insane War on Drugs and its associated private prison industry. The litany of uncompensated, forcible removals of people's rights that begins with appropriation of land as private property just goes on and on.
    and you can't violate their rights.
    LOL! A million innocent people locked in steel cages for starters, and you claim their rights can't be violated?

    If your absurd fabrications were not the death knell of a civilization, you would be a joke.
    Thank goodness we have that copyright law you were complaining about earlier!
    Copyright law forcibly removes people's rights to liberty without just (or in fact any) compensation.
    If you didn't get the point I was making, you really perhaps are dumber than I originally suspected.
    <yawn> I am incomparably your intellectual as well as moral superior.
    You don't know what the distribution is. End of story.
    What do you mean, "the" distribution? What distribution, precisely, do you falsely, stupidly, and dishonestly claim I don't know?
    If you wish to make one up, so can I, and without that distribution, you can no more define the fair distribution of reward than anyone else can.
    No, that's just more false, stupid and dishonest garbage from you. I have already defined it: rewards commensurate with contributions.
    Then show me 100 percentiles of this distribution, and where you got it from. Kids stuff, if in fact it is well known.
    I already gave you a url explaining the distribution I consider most likely to be natural.
    And yet it is required to make sure the right people can be compensated for their ideas.
    No, it is not. That is simply a false, stupid, unsupported, and indefensible fabrication on your part with no basis in fact, logic, economics or morality.
    So which is it, a horrible evil, or exactly the protection needed so the little guy can lord it over the evil people
    I don't see any little people lording it over the evil. I see one little person in a thousand joining the evil.
    who, in your world, are making more then they should,
    It's self-evident that rich, greedy takers are getting more than they should.
    but you can't explain what they should earn
    I have already explained it very specifically.
    because you have no distribution showing what the relationship between compensation and contribution should be?
    As you know, I have stated that it should be 1:1, and that while I suspect that the resulting distribution would be similar to natural ones arising from similar processes, the form of the distribution is less important than the rightfulness of the processes that produce it.
    Make up your mind which it is, and if you can't, change your dosage so you can think straight enough to decide which side of this fence you wish to sit on.
    More stupid, contentless garbage.

  9. Default

    Okay Roy, you win. I'll just wait until you can provide the distribution of just reward you claim exists, but can't provide (as compared to the one which exists, but you say is unfair) and then we can discuss the only piece of reality you claim to have, but won't provide me the percentiles of.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Similar Threads

  1. Here It Comes - Peak Money
    By frodo in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 02 2012, 05:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks