'Obama fanatic' pleads guilty to threatening to kill Sheriff Arpaio, family...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DonGlock26, Mar 15, 2012.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

'Obama fanatic' pleads guilty to threatening to kill Sheriff Arpaio, family...

Man Pleads Guilty to Threatening Arpaio
    Updated: Wednesday, 14 Mar 2012, 1:02 PM MST
    Published : Wednesday, 14 Mar 2012, 1:00 PM MST

PHOENIX - A man described as a President Barack Obama fanatic pleads guilty to threatening to kill Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Adam Eugene Cox appeared in a Tennessee courtroom on Wednesday.

He was arrested last year for a death threat that began on the Internet.

Cox threatened to kill the sheriff and his family.

Cox will not go to jail. He was sentenced to supervised probation.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/justice/man-pleads-guilty-to-threatening-arpaio-03142012

Leftists are going to be dangerous for a while after Obama loses. The thought of their little revolution's failure will drive a few over the edge. Other's may just give up, roll up their OWS tent, and try to enter the workforce.

_

2. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

More on this:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/oba...ousand-bullet-holes-deputy-chief-interviewed/

Good thing this nutter is off the streets.

3. exotix

exotix New Member Past Donor

Let's be clear here ... he's an Obama fanatic because Arpaio said so ...

A Knoxville man has pleaded guilty to threatening to kill an Arizona sheriff.

On Tuesday, Adam Eugene Cox, 33, was sentenced to supervised probation thru Knox County and ordered to pay court costs.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/202819/2/Knox-man-pleads-guilty-to-threatening-Arizona-sheriff

Previous story

A Knoxville man is suspected of threatening an Arizona sheriff who is investigating claims that President Obama was not born in the United States.

Authorites confirmed to 10News Saturday that Adam Eugene Cox is set for court on Monday.

According to a press release from the Maricopa County Sheriff's 33-year-old Cox was arrested by officers in Knoxville Friday.
    The release says a computer and other evidence was seized from his home. Cox was taken into custody on an unrelated warrant, but Sheriff Joe Arpaio calls him the prime suspect in an internet death threat against him.

The threat was received in October 2011, and threatens both the sheriff and his family.

The postings read in part: "I plan to kill Arpaio first. He will be filled with a thousand bullet holes before the year is out. I promise you this. He won't **** with Obama. He will be buried 10 feet under and his whole family will be murdered along with him."

In the press release, Sheriff Arpaio calls Cox an "Obama fanatic" and believes Cox was "incensed" by his "ongoing investigation into (the) legitimacy of Obama's birth certificate."

4. mikezila

mikezila New Member

Mmmm..i'd say that's what makes him an Obamabot.;)

5. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

From the article above yours that you didn't read. :D

DonGlock26 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. DonGlock26

Yep, he's an Obama fanatic.

7. WongKimArk

WongKimArk Banned

Oooohhh. Probation.

:roll:

8. WongKimArk

WongKimArk Banned

You mean... like this Birther?

Want to bet?

9. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

"The postings read in part: "I plan to kill Arpaio first. He will be filled with a thousand bullet holes before the year is out. I promise you this. He won't **** with Obama. He will be buried 10 feet under and his whole family will be murdered along with him."

Well, yeah, it sure sounds like a frivolous opinion that the guy is an Obama fanatic. Let's face it, when a Newsweek editor, Evan Thomas, says President Obama is "sort of god" we have a lot of nut cases out there. Woody Allen wants President Obama to be dictator for "a few years". Yeah, that few years business worked out well for Fidel Castro, didn't it. Liberals are programmed for a "cult of personality" and do tend to be fantatics for their side and against everyone else.

President Obama certainly encourages this deification.

10. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Its pretty sad....

Dudes a jared loughner wanna be, but leftys dont have a problem with it cause hes threatening to kill a conservative....

11. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

Although you may have to wait another four years, I have to admit you are always good for a laugh.

12. exotix

The problem here is, he's assuming his 1st Amendment Rights ... heck even his 2nd Amendment Rights as a *Remedie* ...

What ?
    Don't tell me you actually believe that the Founding Fathers expressed at some time a couple hundred yers ago that by 2008 the Tea Party would emerge and all these rights & remedies were specifically only entilted to them ?

13. PatrickT

If he manages to kill the sheriff, it will be Governor Palin's fault.

14. PatrickT

I'm sorry. I thought we were discussing the accusation that the man was an Obama fanatic. Personally, I think the First Amendment should protect threats with no action but that wasn't the discussion.

I think it's quite clear this man is a darling of the left. You know, the people who whine that the Constitution is too difficult to read and is a seriously flawed document anyway. The same people who want to throw Rush Limbaugh in jail for saying slut and thank Bill Maher who says (*)(*)(*)(*) repeatedly for giving President Obama $1,000,000.

15. BestViewedWithCable

As sad as it is....

Thats exactly how the left handed think...

16. RiotAct

RiotAct New Member

Leftists, huh? As opposed to some of the conservative folk on this very forum who have threatened to start a war if things don't go their way at the polls?

Threatening violence is the last refuge of someone who no longer has the patience for discussion, and it is not a right or left issue.

17. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Come on ... if you use the Words OBAMA FANATIC ... its sound more scarey and thus frightens the right people and achieves the desired impact.

18. BestViewedWithCable

Sure, but in this case the dude is clearly an ObamaBuddy....

19. RiotAct

RiotAct New Member

Will "Obama supporter" not suffice? The clever plays on the names of public figures, right, left and neutral, never help.

The part to be upset about here is the threats to someone's family. If one wanted to stretch a bit, one could say public figures like the Sheriff open themselves to these risks, but not his family. However, the political affiliation, a fact of the article, is used as a club. That's where we leave the rails of conversation for the train wreck of partisan bickering.

20. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

"The Maricopa County Sheriff‘s Office said the suspect’s postings indicate he is a fervent Obama supporter and that Arpaio‘s ongoing investigation into the legitimacy of the president’s birth certificate may have been the catalyst behind the death threat.

According to MCSO officials in the written statement, Cox’s mother confirmed her son is a fanatical supporter of Obama."

So his mother is trying to frighten people?

21. Really People?

Really People? New Member

This guy should be in jail...

As I understand, you can't go around making death threats...

No reason he should still be out, because, he's got just as much of a possibility of pulling this off as before...

22. DonGlock26

Yep, another low for the Left.

23. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Oh my god....a supporter of Obama turns out to be a fanatical idiot or psycho.....clearly no supporter of anyone else has ever done anything like this....

Frankly from the threats he should be in jail.

As a liberal I am in favor of putting people in jail who make threats of physical violence like this.

Now, I know the far right fanatics on the boards here will ignore those of us who say that people like this should be thrown in jail, and instead try to paint every liberal as being just like this guy....but that is just asinine.

24. exotix

As it turns out it was this guys' mom who said he was an Obama fanatic ... Arpaio was actually quoting this guys mom ...

But why bother with pithy details ...

[​IMG]

25. TheLastBoyScout

TheLastBoyScout New Member

All death threats should be treated this way and prosecuted through the justice system.

This case seems to have been handled well.