Title Only Keyword Search Disabled?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Community Discussions' started by DonGlock26, Mar 18, 2012.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

Title Only Keyword Search Disabled?

Any reason why the title only search is disabled? It was handy to avoid duplicate postings.

Thanks,

Don

_

2. Viv

Viv Banned by Request

Yes it is an inconvenience, when I was hoping to search the term "big fat racist" and see how many times it coincides with threads posted by a particular poster. I'm now thwarted in that desire.

Can I ask out of curiosity, why you have an avatar depicting a fine, intelligent actor who achieved substantial social change via a movie which addressed the issue of moronic racial hatred and who held that disgusting crime up to the light as something abhorrent and regressive? It doesn't seem to fit with your own stated views.

3. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Dat's Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird...

... based on the novel by the same name...

... written by southern writer Harper Lee.

Wonder whatever happened to Scout?

Was dat the breakout movie fer the fella dat played Boo Radley?
    ;)

4. DonGlock26

Just search "Scotland" and you will find plenty.

I've been beating a lynch mob bloody with excellent assistence in Current Events.

_

5. DonGlock26

Anyone?

_

6. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

I asked the same thing on another thread in this section and think I was told it 'wasn't compatible with the upgrade' -- which we all know means they have no idea why it disappeared. Or like the Rep List and Top Posters and who's online and newest member and most viewed threads and hottest threads... which also weren't compatible with the upgrade.

Pretty soon it's just gonna be you and me here, honey, communicating with two cans & a piece of string.

If that's compatible with the upgrade, of course. :party:

[​IMG]

7. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

I miss the keyword title search feature too. I'm sure those who like to read back thru the WH Insider threads & keep track of how many times he was right... miss it, too. ;)

They've got LOTS of dupe threads w/o it. I bet the mods wish it'd come back, too.

8. Viv

Viv Banned by Request

Wanting out of a political union doesn't denote racism from most people who post on that subject, although the domineering, condescending and generally depreciating stance taken by some provokes anti-Braggart responses from time to time.
    Deliberately dredging the News for articles which incite racial hatred and continually posting the smear threads on the same topic over and over and over for years on end, is somewhat more evidential of an issue or perhaps an obsession IMHO.

Based on the evidence it seems unlikely, as one of them is worth ten duplicated racist (threads) every day of the week. But link the thread and we'll see who is beaten...

The visible repetitive strain from posting repeatedly and endlessly on the same one topic up top indicates one may not take the hint and will probably go on and on and on about it, but if they knew the answer they would probably have given it.

9. moon

moon Well-Known Member

Haw haw haw :mrgreen:

10. Viv

Viv Banned by Request

I know who he is and have read the book many times...just wondering why that particular poster who holds those particular views on a particular subject...would denigrate the memory by using that as an avatar.

11. moon

moon Well-Known Member

I have to add that removing the facility to search by thread title cannot be anything other than a gross error in the configuration of the site software. Whoever was responsible for that error should come forward and discuss it.

For starters, it was a standard feature which enabled far faster searching than trawling through entire posts. So why would anybody want to slow the site down ?

C'mon, reconfigure it . Some of us NEED to be able to search for thread titles. We ain't all know-nothing trolls we just come here to disfigure other people's research. Put it back , please.

12. Joker

Joker Banned at Members Request Past Donor

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."