Democrats think like a woman...

Discussion in 'Humor & Satire' started by cupid dave, Mar 18, 2012.

1. cupid dave

cupid dave Well-Known Member

The Democrats are really the Feminine side of America, and they usually set their teeth to issues based mostly on their personal Feelings about situations.

We saw this when Obama appealed to America in regard to his Medical Health Proposal.
    He marched out sick people on TV, again and again.
    He asked us how do we FEEL about a person who had lost coverage, or never paid for insurance, or tried to get coverage after they got sick.

He did it again when he wanted to extend Unemployment Benefits to two years.
    He marched out people who had lost their job.

He was showing us the actual suffering and hardship, so that we, too, would make a decision that was Feelings based.

Men, on the other hand, are more prone to be cold and logical decision makers.
    Men, on the other side, Republicans, are more accepting of the consequences of a reality they can not change, or one that they will need to work on in the future.

This is all very similar to the way the American family works, too.
    Women often see the apparent needs of the household but think money grows on Trees.
    So the women shop until they drop.
    Then the bills are impossible to be paid.

///////
    The Democrat solution for the Drug problem is to do away with the Drug Laws.

The Democrat solution for the Gun killings is to do away with the Guns.

The Democrat solution for the teenage pregnancies is to do away with the babies.

The Democrat solution for the Economic recession is to place a Tax on a successful business.

The Democratic solution for Unemployment is to extend the Unemployment Checks.

The Democrat solution for bank insolvency is to do away with the bankruptcy because they are too big to fail.

The Democrat solution for lower spending is to buy their own bonds.

The Democrat solution for War is to do away with America's military deterrent.

The Democrat solution for poverty is to give them other people’s money.

The Democrat solution for Conservative Laws is to assign Liberal judges.

The Democrat solution for fat kids is to investigate Fast Food restaurants.

The Democrat solution for the school bully is to arrest teachers for grabbing them.

2. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

I've said time and time again The Democratic Party is the party of feelings.

3. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Apparently the Republican solution is to just make (*)(*)(*)(*) up and then post it in the humor selection which is appropriate because your list of straw men is absolutely laughable.

I give it a 7 out of 10 on the trolling scale though because you failed to mention same-sex marriage.

[​IMG]

4. cupid dave

Marriage?
    That is another dumocraptic joke.

How it really be "marriage" when:

1) 70% of the couplings end before 7 years time.

[​IMG]

2) Infidelity at least 6-10 times is mutually agreed to before the "marriage" even begins.

[​IMG]

5. toddwv

Median duration of first marriages that end in divorce: Males: 7.8 years
    Females: 7.9 years

Median duration of second marriages that end in divorce: Males: 7.3 years
    Females: 6.8 years

http://www.document-do-it-yourself-service.com/divorce_statistics.html

6. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trust me, that Feeling you got January 20th 2009, was a party Feeling, and to prove that point ... you'll feel it again.

7. Polly Minx

Polly Minx Active Member

People need to get a life and stop putting sexist crap in the "humor" section. There's nothing funny about it.

I'm not going to waste my time responding to most of this (as there are far too many errors to correct). However, I thought I'd endeavor to correct something particularly notable:

Actually, conservatives, statistically speaking, tend to be dumber in terms of IQ. Dumber than liberals and dumber than average. That's because, as the linked study reveals, thinking with your heart is thinking with your head, the alternative to which is simply not thinking.

OKgrannie and (deleted member) like this.
  8. cupid dave

True.
    But that that is different in that very very FEW straight couples get divorced in seven years, THOUGH when they do, it happens around seven years.

[​IMG]

See my criticism of what you have posted above????

Only 20% of Straight people get a first divorce and they do so aound 7 years after marriage.
    But 70% of all Gay marriages end in divorce, which also is around 7 years after marriage.

[​IMG]

9. Joker

Joker Banned at Members Request Past Donor

As one who is pro-life, I only wish this were true of abortion. However, on this issue, we see over and over, conservatives presenting pictures of dead fetuses, along with appeals to emotions, to defend the argument.

10. junius. fils

junius. fils New Member

of kitty litter - USED kitty litter.

11. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Brilliant I say ... Brilliant :smile:

12. cupid dave

That does not address the statement that men are heavily skewed toward logical/Mathematical Intelligence whether they are democrats or republicans.

We all know that women do more poorly in mathematics in the academic community, for instance.

13. toddwv

That statement shows either ignorance or willful stupidity.

In other words, the standard right-wing "bag of used kitty-litter"

14. cupid dave

It makes sense.

The Right is appealling to the democrats and liberals who are affected by the feeling that can be generated by presenting the emotional content that Abortion can induce.

Most rational, cool minded conservatives use simple common sense to see that crime and social problems arise from Single Mothers who are as sexually promiscuous as those who need abortions.

Abortions and contraceptives do not stop the growing Welfare System nor the ever increasing illegitimacy that is now half of all births every year.

What these things do is enable teens and never married girls to think their behavior is normal and not shameful.
    these approaches actually enable the young people to continue the behavior that is destroying America.

Abortion = illegitimate births today and every year since 1972, are both around 1.5 million.

15. cupid dave

Ignorance...???

I studied the literature in order not to be ignorant.

"Across generations and cultures, women have reached remarkable levels of scientific and social achievement. Yet five years into the 21st century, the leader of one of the world’s most elite universities, in one of the oldest democracies, opined upon “the unfortunate truth” that women probably are not as mentally equipped for work in math and science as men (STUDY: Summers 2005)."

16. Joker

Joker Banned at Members Request Past Donor

The problem is that such appeals to emotion fail just as miserable as appeals to emotion targeted toward conservatives. In fact, appeals to emotion rarely move anyone except those who already agree with you.

Now here is a sound argument against abortion that one rarely sees a conservative make. "Abortion promotes a culture of selfishness and irresponsibility that can only have a negative effect on society as a whole." I like it--logical, reasonabe, and difficult to disprove--yet conservatives almost always turn to pictures of dead babies (as if people haven't seen those before), or resort to attacking abortion supporters as baby-killers, which of course, only serves to further entrench them into their current state of mind.

17. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

The reason that they call it "common" sense is that anyone with a partially intact frontal lobe can utilize it. I guess your lobe is partially intact, isn't it?

Polly Minx and (deleted member) like this.
  18. cupid dave

I do not think I am a conservative nor a liberal.

I find that my thinking on all issues is a third view, one not immediately acceptable to either camp, the liberals or the conservatives.

For instnace, I am for abortion in that it ought be made mandatory for unmarried women who do not own property nor have an income or large sum of savings, all of which denies them access to Welfare.

This suggestion when applied to the Kuznets Curve Theory predicts that whereas abortions will rise for some period of time, reaching a peak before all illegitimacy stops, the trend of the curve downward will begin and end with zero abortions and zero Welfare.

Now certaily this is not immediately acceptable to the Liberals who would rather scotchtape the Welfare program together with arguments that free contraceptives, free abortions, Safe Sex, and Sex Education will finally work to eliminate the crushing $10.5 trillion budget requirement over the next decade for aid to dependent mothers.

And, the conservatives who right now want no or much much fewer abortions would have no patience to await the Kuznets Curve effect to solve the problem.

[​IMG]

19. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

If Right Wingers believe this is true, how come we have threads FULL of Right Wingers claiming Obama "murdered" a border agent because some guns were sold across the border?

20. Polly Minx

Polly Minx Active Member

By a slim margin. What's your point?

Life, and even logic, are way more than just math. If you indeed believe women are therefore more driven by whims than by reason, you might consider the reality that young women have far fewer auto accidents than men of the same age group -- to the extent that insurance companies charge young men higher rates. Or you might consider the fact that women in this country are less likely than men to cycle to work because they are more apt to feel that it's unsafe to. Or we could point to the more stable, less erratic voting trends among women. Or any of tons of other examples. In fact, in an overall sense, girls getting better grades than guy anymore, at that. So are we really dumber and just driven by whims?

You see, it's actually men who are somewhat more impulsive on balance. Women as a sex have a long history of being in the more vulnerable social position and therefore have come to place somewhat more value on safety and stability. For example, women are the principal dependents on the welfare system. As a result, women have developed a longstanding trend of voting for the Democratic Party. (Whereas men, by contrast, have more erratic voting patterns, but are also somewhat more apt to vote for the Republican Party.) When surveyed on what issues determine their vote, the issue of the welfare system is the most common answer among women. So it isn't so much that women are necessarily social liberals as it is that they tend to be social-democrats out of pragmatic considerations.

21. cassandrabandra

cassandrabandra New Member

do you habe some evidence for the assertion abobe (highlighted in bold)?

I would be interested to see that men think about consequences more than women - and perhaps you might explain why men are more likely to perpetrate violence on others?

is this evidence of logical thinking?

your stereoptyping is beyond sexist. it demonstrates archaic thinking patterns which suggest that you are time traveller from the dark ages.

22. MisLed

MisLed New Member

do you see the absolute hypocrisy in your remarks. It's jaw dropping. and very feminine i might add.:eye:

23. MisLed

MisLed New Member

they act like women. think like women, argue like women. I think this is common in a culture where many men are raised by women or are highly influenced by them. Public schools, entertainment. It takes work to keep these damaging influences from ruining your male children.

24. Alif Qadr

Alif Qadr Banned

Was your post a stump speech for the Republican Party? I am only asking a logical question.

To be honest, all involved in politics use emotionally driven and emotionally charged rhetoric. Be such emotionally driven topics such triggers as terrorism, abortion, rights for Sodomites, "sexual liberation" which makes absolutely no sense in the context in which it is used, morality, etc.

25. cassandrabandra

cassandrabandra New Member

you might think they do.

but I bet the women in your life find you a figure of fun when you hold forth on your gender stereotypes.