+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Laffer!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Anikdote View Post
    Well, it ain't supply and demand.
    Does Apple work on cost plus, or control the supply, so they can demand higher prices?

How does cost plus work if there isn't a demand?

Quote Originally Posted by Anikdote View Post
    Oh it does, your myopia is just getting in the way.
    I see economics as far more complex than "black and white", and I'm myopic? Do you know the definition of myopic?

2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

Quote Originally Posted by Not Amused View Post
    Because I don't fall for your simplistic concept of economics? I'm crushed......
    I don't care what political economic school of thought you squirt too! Confusing supply andd demand is just poor!
    And the ship we sail, and the flag she flies; It is the Herald of Free Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    So by increasing taxes, forcing white sector into black sector, which would decrease revenues since black sector does not pay into it, would do what?

Since you think taxes should be increased but it would decrease revenues to the state, that means they should raise taxes?
    From my understanding, we could use that economic tool to achieve more optimum rates of taxation that generate optimum rates of revenues; especially when running massive deficits-instead of some abstract and social form of equality regarding progressive forms of taxation in any capital based, market economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Amused View Post
    Does Apple work on cost plus, or control the supply, so they can demand higher prices?

How does cost plus work if there isn't a demand?

I see economics as far more complex than "black and white", and I'm myopic? Do you know the definition of myopic?
    From what I read, cost plus is a method of ensuring a return on investment, potentially, in a vacuum of special pleading regarding market conditions.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678