About Zimmerman

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by My Fing ID, Mar 24, 2012.

1. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

I know there are a lot of threads out there but I feel this needs to be made clear.

From what I have seen there is not enough evidence to send this guy to jail. Do I think he killed that kid in cold blood, yes, yes I do. Do I think he's going to get away with murder, yes, yes I do. Why? Simple; we live in a society where people are innocent until proven guilty. From what I have seen there is not enough evidence to prove a (*)(*)(*)(*) thing. The only account we have of what happened is from him. That is it, there are no other witnesses.

Also as a bonus, let me address the 'racist comments on the phone' argument. No one knows what was said because it isn't clear. The human mind can hear things when it is told what it is expected to hear even if it isn't there. Look up Electronic Voice Phenomenon. By suggesting words you can make the same sound create different words. Sorry but unclear sound isn't anything.

Maybe new evidence will come up that shows things went one way or another, but right now from what I've seen, there just isn't enough evidence to convict. Sorry, but in the end with what we have we just don't know what really happened. We cannot try, and certainly not convict, on a lack of evidence.

2. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

A Miami-Dade Circuit court judge dismissed a case against a guy who chased another guy for a block and stabbed him to death. http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/21/2706789/miami-judge-stabbing-in-the-back.html

So chances would normally be excellent that Zimmerman will get off. However, this is now a political case so Zimmerman had better be prepared to do some prison time. Otherwise someone will kill him. The killer might even claim self-defense.

Expect more bodies in the street until they change the law. The current situation is unacceptable.

3. Paris

Paris Well-Known Member

Stand Your Ground...Is that an actual law, or a football tactic???

You guys are nuts. You shouldn't carry anything, let alone guns.

4. My Fing ID

Change the law how? I can't really think of a reasonable way.

5. My Fing ID

I see no issue with guns or self defense. Why should you not be able to fire on someone who is attacking you?

6. The Wyrd of Gawd

The survivor gets to tell the tale and guess what? He's always the victim and the dead guy is always the attacker.

7. Paris

Paris Well-Known Member

So you don't see any issue with being able to kill someone who has simply pushed you?

Seriously, you have some issues.

8. The Wyrd of Gawd

Expect some change in the gun laws. If the pressure continues to build they might even disband the police department and call it a cost-saving measure.

9. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

I think I'm with Fing on this one.

An investigation is clearly warranted -- that goes for any time you've got a dead body -- but if there's no evidence, there's no evidence.

My dad once told me that the thing that made America different than the Soviet Union was that they would rather imprison a thousand innocent people rather than let a single guilty person go free, whereas in America we would rather let a thousand guilty people go free rather than imprison a single innocent. I don't know if that's actually true about the Soviet Union or America, but I think it's the right idea.

If there's no evidence, there's no evidence.

10. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

There is DEFINITELY evidence in this case... but how that evidence is ultimately interpreted, will be the key.

Politically, a LOT of pressure will come upon ALEC and the NRA; they won't avoid it. States with similar laws will come under review as well.

I'm sorry that such a beautiful child was murdered, that's for sure. But I hope and pray to God that the pain his family and the rest of America is suffering, will not be in vain.

11. Unifier

Unifier New Member

If I remember correctly, it's 100 guilty people. When they summon you for jury duty, they always make sure you agree to that. At least that's how they do it here.