Did The Hispanic Neighborhood Watchman Have Cause To Be Suspicious Of Trayvon Martin?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by Zook, Mar 24, 2012.

?

Did The Hispanic Neighborhood Watchman Have Cause To Be Suspicious Of Trayvon Martin?

1. Yes

38.1%
  2. No

45.2%
  3. I'm not sure

16.7%
  1. Zook

Zook New Member

Here are some facts of the over-hyped Trayvon Martin case.

A Hispanic guy is neighborhood watchman of a Florida suburb community. He says there have been a rash of recent break-ins in his usually quiet, peaceful, suburban, neighborhood. He's extra vigilant and suspicious of anything out of the ordinary. It's a dark, rainy, night. He spots a male. Contrary to the mainstream media pictures of a smiling 12-year-old black boy, he looks a little more like the updated 17-year-old in the picture below. He's wearing a hoodie and the Hispanic watchman hasn't seen him in the neighborhood previously. He calls 911, but wants to track the black guy because he doesn't want to waste police time by calling them out only to find the guy gone.

Is he right to be suspicious?

[​IMG]

This is a fair and balanced poll. I'm not asking whether Trayvon deserved to get shot. I wouldn't think that for a minute. I am asking whether Zimmerman had cause to be suspicious to begin with.

2. Zook

Zook New Member

It would be interesting if those who voted "no" would explain, given the circumstances, why a neighborhood watchman wouldn't be suspicious. Remember, we're not talking about the smiling 12-year-old boy the mainstream media is tricking you with here.

3. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I voted "Not sure" because it's the only honest answer - we don't have (and probably never will) all the information necessary to make the judgement Zimmerman did on that day.

I don't think there is anything in the information we do have that definitively justifies suspicion though. Being male doesn't, being black doesn't, being unrecognised doesn't and wearing a hood (especially in the rain) doesn't. After all, most the people he'd see on the street at that time would fit one or more of those categories.

4. Zook

Zook New Member

Well, what about the recent rash of break-ins by a black burglar(s) in the otherwise peaceful, low-crime, neighborhood? Wouldn't a neighborhood watchman be on high alert for anything suspicious?

Personally, I think given all the information any neighborhood watchman would have cause to be suspicious on that night, in those circumstances.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ghborhood-county-sheriff-s-office-crime-watch

5. HonestJoe

Had there actually been a rash of break-ins and were the burglars were clearly identified as black? Your link only quotes Zimmerman from previous calls to the police saying there had been break-ins and reporting suspicious people (who happen to be black).

Regardless, if Martin was just normally walking down the street, I don't think his skin colour, age, clothing or the fact Zimmerman didn't recognise him justifies automatic suspicion. The tragic consequences in this case clearly demonstrate the flaws in such over-generalised discrimination.

I also suspect that had there been break-ins by people identified as white, Zimmerman wouldn't have had the automatic suspicion of any white stranger walking down the same street in the same way.

6. zack13

zack13 New Member

I remember reading in one newspaper that Zimmerman had called the police over 30 times for suspicious behaviour. All of them bar one being about black individuals. Clearly racial profiling.

I'll try to find the article on the net so everyone can see.

7. devilsadvocate

devilsadvocate New Member

of course, there is nothing wrong with being suspicious. or being the target of suspicion.

8. Wingless

Wingless New Member

"The Miami Herald claims that in October, he was caught with a 'burglary tool' - a flathead screwdriver - and 12 pieces of women's jewellery. Martin insisted that they did not belong to him."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...times-caught-burglary-tool.html#ixzz1qKcuZ3WW

According to the link he also might've attacked a bus driver at some point... of course, that's beside the point. Zimmerman couldn't have known any of that when he began following him.
    I think it's understandable to be suspicious of any tall guy in a hoodie strolling along near an expensive neighborhood that had a string of recent robberies. Should he have played vigilante and followed him? Absolutely not. Anyhow, I voted yes on the poll.

9. HonestJoe

What does height have to do with it? If anything, burglars will be small, to squeeze through small windows and the like.

You just might be able to justify a hoodie being suspicious if you choose to entirely ignore the fact that it was raining!

I've still seen nothing outside Zimmerman's statements on his calls to the police about any actual spate of robberies in the area.

So, you're basically down to the statement that men are suspicious (which is fair, I wouldn't trust me as far as I could throw me ;) ). Unless, of course, there are any other distinguishing features you've not mentioned.

10. CoolWalker

CoolWalker New Member

Wrong...he called apx. 4-5 times a year for the past 5 years. Not excessive.

11. Zook

Zook New Member

We're waiting Zack.

12. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

this''''''''''''

13. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

A black guy walking down the STREET with a hoodie IN THE RAIN in a neighborhood where black people live?

No, there is no RATIONAL reason to be suspicious.

But fine, Zimmerman is suspicious anyway!

He calls the police, and then FOLLOWS Trayvon in his car. But THEN Zimmerman GETS OUT of his car to supposedly "LOOK for a street sign" IN HIS OWN NEIGHBORHOOD with the police just a few minutes away!

There is NO RATIONAL reason to get OUT of his car if Trayvon is ACTUALLY "suspicious and dangerous" as Zimmerman CLAIMS!

Ergo, Zimmerman was not REALLY worried. He just wanted to be a cowboy.

He contradicts his own BS.

14. GlockerMike

GlockerMike Member

[​IMG]

15. Zook

Zook New Member

Maybe he was right to be suspicious if this is the kind of thug little Trayvon was...

Second Trayvon Martin Twitter feed identified
    Published: 1:59 AM 03/29/2012

[​IMG]
    This image is the photograph the late Trayvon Martin used to represent his Twitter identity in late 2011, under the screen name "T33ZY_TAUGHT_M3." Although the Twitter account was deleted, The Daily Caller retrieved it from the social analytics website PeopleBrowsr. The upper-arm tattoo in the image matches one in a close-up photograph on Martin's MySpace page. (Image: Twitter)

[​IMG]

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/second-trayvon-martin-twitter-feed-identified/

16. Zook

Zook New Member

Well, not according to the wacko anti-racists/anti-Whites on this forum. Look at the poll results. :)

17. cassandrabandra

cassandrabandra New Member

it would be interesting to know what screening processes neighbourhood watch uses in florida.

this guy couldn't obey instructions. if he had done so, the boy would still be alive.

18. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

Of course Zimmerman had a right to be suspicious. Both had a right to be there. And neither one was doing anything wrong. I suspect that Martin brought a bad attitude from a rougher neighborhood or lifestyle with him. And I believe he attacked Zimmerman with the intention of beating him down. There was a struggle for the gun and Martin wound up dead. At that point Zimmerman had to do it because he thought that if Martin was able to take his gun, it was all over for Zimmerman. There is a measure of both justice and tragedy in it.

19. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

First.. it wasn't low crime area.. Over the past couple of years.. there had been some 400 incidents.

Secondly, being on high alert means you call the police.

Florida has had many (increased) instances of push ins and robberies and burglaries in the past ten years in all kinds of neighborhoods. Homeowners are very cautious.. and increasingly they are armed..

But how does that justify Zimmerman?

I saw it ... suddenly there were needles and condoms everywhere in the street..

My son didn't want me to go out EVER at night.

One night I went to the Quick Trip after 9 PM and my car quit. I was approached by a Haitian guy who offered to help... and I was scared of him.

But, he poured some Coca Cola on my battery connections and the car started right up..

Zimmerman created the problem..........out of his paranoia.

He killed this kid for NOTHING.

DBM aka FDS and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

You're right ... that is Funny.

21. DBM aka FDS

DBM aka FDS Well-Known Member

Well said Margot...

22. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Well, Zimmerman has some credibility problems....

When I walk my dog at night.. I am cautious and "looking out".... and if I was fearful, I would certainly call 911 about someone who seemed weird.. or dangerous.

Wouldn't you ?

I think George Zimmerman has some issues.

23. Zook

Zook New Member

Anti-racists tend to lack critical thinking skills. They want to condemn this Latino guy simply because the lamestream media says it's right to. They post a manipulative picture of a smiling 12 year old black boy and anti-racist/anti-White people are instantly hypnotized. It's as if Trayvon were an angel in their minds and the Latino guy is literally the devil. Anti-racists cannot observe the evidence, analyze it and evaluate it... and if they do, they do so in an obviously biased way. Despite all the evidence posted in recent days that expose Trayvon's thuggish, violent, criminal lifestyle, they cannot comprehend that maybe... just maybe... Trayvon may have been the aggressor that night.

Racial realists, like myself, can admit that the Latino neighborhood watchman made some mistakes that night. But brainwashed anti-racists are stuck in their beliefs that Trayvon was an innocent victim that wouldn't hurt a fly. It was the Latino guy's job to be suspicious. He was a neighborhood watchman of a neighborhood that had seen a recent rash of break ins from a black burglar. He was extra vigilant, Trayvon probably matched the identity of the robber (in all actuality, it could've been him who was responsible for all the burglaries) and the Latino guy didn't want him to get away so that more homes are robbed in the neighborhood.

What we need from all the anti-racist/anti-White people of this forum is critical thinking skills. We need to look at things objectively. Are the anti-racist/anti-White people of this forum capable of that? Judging by a little excerpt from Margot's post below and DBM aka FDS's irrational agreement of it, I suspect not...

24. DBM aka FDS

DBM aka FDS Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. I think that is why he got out of the car after being instructed not to. But, truthfully, I really think that rent'a'cops have issues on the most part. Attitude problems... I have "never" ran into a rent'a'cop that I liked... ever...

I am pretty sure there are some out there, but in my experience they have some sort of "twisted" view on things and "try" to be something they are not - someone with "authority"... when in actuality all they are is a civilian with a toy badge like the one I had when I was 4 years old...

25. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

none that I am aware of, definitely no reason to follow him after 911 told him not too