+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OP thread guidelines

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    The following appeared at the beginning of a thread:

'Do not come into this thread if you are going to say something nasty and hateful. That's not what this thread is about. Two such hate-filled threads have already been deleted. Please have some respect----or simply stay out of the thread if you cannot. Thank you...'

http://www.politicalforum.com/1061062777-post1.html

Are others allowed to set strict limits on thread content that they create (like 'no negative/disrespectful posts allowed - either stay on topic or stay out of this thread') and have the mods erase posts/parts of posts that do not meet that criteria?

Or do only mods (like the one who started the above thread) get that privilege?
    Most topics spiral out of control into meaningless nationalistic trolling. Even the volunteer mods join in instead of trying to regain any form of control.

It is just the way this forum is. Although the half assed excuses to why it shoulden't change, is amusing to read.
    Last edited by GeneralZod; Mar 25 2012 at 04:56 AM.
    When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think the sardines will be thrown into the sea.

2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    Your first post in that thread (the OP) was fine. It was your second post:

That was completely out of line. That is flamebait of the worst kind, and I support the thread deletion.
    Really?

Have the mods been reading the board lately?

Why is Dick Cheney off limits but posts like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
    I want one that says "dead idiot brought fists to a gun fight" with a big pic of Trayvon laying in a casket. What would be considered more racist, the shirt in the OP or my shirt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    I agree. Blacks are notoriously cowardly. I expect many sales, but few will be seen in public. Just more dim-witted blacks posing with them on in their bedrooms making "gangsta" signs for the mirror.
    Have become the norm?

“Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’" ~John Fugelsang

PF's Liberal Progressive Underground

Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    The following appeared at the beginning of a thread:

'Do not come into this thread if you are going to say something nasty and hateful. That's not what this thread is about. Two such hate-filled threads have already been deleted. Please have some respect----or simply stay out of the thread if you cannot. Thank you...'

http://www.politicalforum.com/1061062777-post1.html

Are others allowed to set strict limits on thread content that they create (like 'no negative/disrespectful posts allowed - either stay on topic or stay out of this thread') and have the mods erase posts/parts of posts that do not meet that criteria?

Or do only mods (like the one who started the above thread) get that privilege?
    I've seen lots of people say that in a OP besides mods, but I've never actually seen it respected. Give it try; can't hurt.
    “I get a kick out of being an outsider constantly. It allows me to be creative. I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.”
    ― Bill Hicks

Americans are easily startled, but they'll soon be back...and in greater numbers.

WARNING! In the unlikely event of an accidental agreement with anything stated in the above post, contact a clinical psychiatrist immediately.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    Really?

Have the mods been reading the board lately?

Why is Dick Cheney off limits but posts like this:

Have become the norm?
    God point, imo.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12