Oh Nooooo! Is the slow diease (hacker) back again?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Community Discussions' started by RevAnarchist, Mar 25, 2012.

1. RevAnarchist

RevAnarchist New Member Past Donor

This morning Sunday 25th the forum slowed again to the point I went to my alternate sites to get my fix. The same thing as before happened, I attempted to edit a post and couldn't get it posted before the 20 min limit expired then I couldn't get back to the PC site. Finally about a half an hour I did get back on only to have the same thing happen two more times. In any case I was angry, I do not want to give up on this site.

reva

2. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

Hang in there Rev A. I also experienced a slowdown this morning but it seems to be better right now. Like you I'm hoping that the change to vBulletin 4.0 will resolve many of the issues (as is the site owner) but that won't happen for a little bit longer. I don't know when but I'm hoping it happens next month. I'll see what I can find out on that from the site owner.

Shiva_TD
    Site Moderator

3. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

It took me about a half hour to get on, and all the unread posts had reset.

4. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

I was so pleased about PF's performance, I got off my wallet and donated....

Now I'm questioning that decision.

5. Joker

Joker Banned at Members Request Past Donor

At first I thought you wrote "get off" and I was like, well, that's not so bad. Takes a lot longer for some ladies.

6. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny don't post her notes inna cloud `cause she don't want some hacker readin' her love letters...
    :grandma:
    Evernote hacked: 50 million passwords reset
    Mar 3,`13 -- Online note-taking service Evernote Corp. says it has been hacked and is resetting all its 50 million users' passwords as a precaution.

7. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Hackers helpin' Uganda charities solve their IT problems...
    :wink:
    Hacking for a Better World, It Helps
    March 25, 2013 — One American computer hacker has figured out how to harness the knowledge and creativity of other hackers around the world to help local Ugandan charities solve their information technology problems -- for free.

8. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

See also:
    :wink:
    Cheap Data, Better Tech Putting More Cambodians Online
    March 25, 2013 — Communications technology continues to boom in Cambodia, providing cheaper Internet for an increasing number of users. The number of Internet Service Providers is now 24, increasing competition and lower prices for and expanding number of consumers.

9. RevAnarchist

RevAnarchist New Member Past Donor

I think maybe I am a Jinks or a Jinn lol...anyway man this is one of the strangest domains or what is the proper name, sever, I have had the pleasure of posting on. When other sites have problems they are usually different, save for slowing. These problems seem directly engineered to cause ill will of its members and teeth gnashing of the Mods etc who have to work online with it (member snatching ?). Not to mention if I was the owner I would have visited the owner quite some time ago to explain in preacher words why I am going to shove …errr…sorry. So all of the above and the fact that skilled people although they have made PF better it seems impossible to secure an sure reason and cure for the IT problems we have the un-joyful and sometimes the early morning unrelenting anguish of experiencing reoccurring problems when trying to post here at PF! That is why I originally thought our problems were of the hacker variety and still HIGHLY suspect there is not a ghost in the machine, (the server) no eventually a server will fix the problem because its their paycheck and reputation at stake. So, that leaves a hacker and or something strange, weird, and or covert is going on. Not being the owner or someone with access to the PF tech data and error etc reports I have no clue as to what the reasons are for PF and our woes. Lastly I would like to report a new thing going on when I log on but not without saying thanks to the Mods and OWNER for improving the speed of PF and addressing and fixing some of the really horrible original problems…again thanks everyone that worked on the problem; here is a big kiss mawaah !!!!~*~!!!! The other thing is that after logging on Pfs server locks down every other site and will not let me transition off the PF page which is also froze. Even the task manger commands sometimes will not unfreeze the thing and I have to jerk the plug out of the PC, I am wondering if even pulling the plug will work so I might have to shoot it and put it out of its and my misery…

reva