Dangerous Path of the Left's Journalist Malpractice

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by way2convey, Mar 25, 2012.

1. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin, one man, one gun. The police took Zimmerman into custody, questioned him and for lack of evidence to arrest him, released him and are still investigating. But, just as liberals immediately did after the tragic Giffords shooting, the left has launched a preemptive strike, choosing to stir up emotions by painting Martin as a victim of the rightwing and use his death as a cheap political tool to justify their hate filled vitriol.
    Ed Schultz blames Jeb Bush and the evil NRA. MSNBC’s Finney has used the Martin incident to blame not only the right in general, but specifically the NRA, the Koch brothers, Rush, Newt, Romney and even Santorum. MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski jumped in on Morning Joe pointing blame squarely at Rush, sighting his comment about Fluke. And of course we can’t leave out the racial component being clearly exploited by the usual suspects, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the New Black Panthers who have issued a $10,000 “eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth” reward for “capturing” Zimmerman. (Hmmm).
    Not long ago we had another tragic situation, Gabrielle Giffords was shot, along with 14 others who were wounded and 6 others killed by one young man. And what was the left’s reaction? Predictably the same as now concerning Martin, they blame the rightwing! Palin was the first target, being blamed only hours after the shooting, but just a quickly the left expanded it’s blame rhetoric to include rightwing talk radio, FOX News, the Tea Party and generally rightwing extremism for the gunman’s “inspiration” to shoot and kill. And, even though later it was discovered none of those factors seemly played a role, no one on the left has ever retracted or apologized for any of their misguided, hate filled tirades. They never will.
    More recently, the now notorious Sandra Fluke became the left’s tool for expanding the comments of one man, Rush Limbaugh (who HAS since apologized for his comments), into a campaign proclaiming the entire rightwing has declared a “war on women”! Nothing could farther from the truth, but it doesn’t matter to the left, and apparently never does because this entire campaign has been nothing but a well orchestrated distraction from the original debate of religious freedom which has now been shelved by the left leaning media in favor of their manufactured story, the “rightwing war of women”.
    These leftwing tactics are not new, they used them during the Clinton scandals and Gov. Walker has been on the receiving end of lefty thugs and lefty media propaganda for months, but it seems they are stepping it up a few notches during this election session, abandoning any form of journalist responsibility or integrity in favor of grasping at every opportunity to demean the right while ignoring any headline that could reflect negatively or tarnish Dem’s and especially Obama. It’s a dangerous path they have chosen, but its clear they have.
    Yes, the Trayvon Martin incident is tragic, but what the left is doing by fanning the flames of rage in this case is not only tragic, its dangerous and completely irresponsible and could likely end very ugly thanks to their past and present journalist malpractice.

webrockk and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

The OP does exactly what it's complaining (and claiming) others are doing. Weird how often that happens.

3. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Social "justice" strawmen are Obama's Wag the Dog....and his media water carriers are more than happy to help him wag it.

4. way2convey

Wrong, what I've done is point out a pattern of leftwing journalism which is clearly consistent, disingenuous and dishonest by any reasonable measure.

5. Greco

Greco New Member

It only took you the second sentence to spew out your first lie. The police never took him into custody as you claimed. Maybe you're not really a liar, just someone with diminitive comprehension skills.

6. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Paragraphs help.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...had-a-sad.html

Stand-your-ground law had a sad history before Trayvon

Posted on Sat, Mar. 24, 2012

Stand-your-ground law had a sad history before Trayvon

7. way2convey

Staying on topic may help as well and Stand-your-ground law is not the topic.

8. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Good journalism tries to present the facts more so than an point of view.

9. Daybreaker

You're using the kid's shooting as an excuse to attack the left.

10. way2convey

Wrong, I'm not using "it" as an excuse, i'm using "it" as another example of the lefts journalistic malpractice, and it is.

11. Daybreaker

No, it's not. Journalistic malpractice would be if they made stuff up and reported it as news, or took part in the events that they're reporting on, or were deliberately misleading in their presentation of the facts so as to create impressions that are counter to reality.

What you're talking about are opinion pieces where you disagree with the opinions. That's not journalistic malpractice.

For example ... you make it appear, the way you wrote it, that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and the Black Panthers put a $10,000 bounty on Zimmerman's capture. It was just the New Black Panthers.

See what I mean? You're doing the thing that you're accusing other people of doing, and I don't think those people are actually doing what you're accusing them of.

12. way2convey

You mean like Palin being the cause of the Giffords shooting, or the reporting on the manufactured "rightwing war on women", or suggesting, as Ed S. did, that because Jeb Bush signed a bill into law he was the cause for Martin's death? All of which have reported on the MSM and all of which are completely false.

Oh, so MSNBC, CBS, CNN, ABC are all just opinion networks now? Come'on, use google and do some home work on who's reporting what.

Yes, I see what you mean. Excuse me writing at above 3rd grade level.

13. Daybreaker

I think you're confused as to the difference between a fact and an opinion.

They all broadcast opinion pieces, yes.

Nope. Too easy. Walking away. :gallery:

14. Dave1mo

Dave1mo New Member

"Yes, I see what you mean. Excuse me writing at above 3rd grade level."

This is funny on so many levels.

15. Daggdag

Daggdag Well-Known Member

Tell that to Fox News and MSNBC, they are the worst news companies on earth when it comes to corrupting facts to meet their agendas and point of views.

16. Claude C

Claude C New Member

Palin likely did play a significant role in Giffords shooting, indirectly..

17. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Bull (*)(*)(*)(*).

"tell the lie often enough..."

18. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

was thinking the same thing, seems to be those like the op that are trying to make this a right\left thing

19. Daggdag

Daggdag Well-Known Member

I agree.....I'm sure she didn't want or plan it, no matter how much far left nutjobs want to claim she someone did, but having a map with a bunch of crosshairs and calling everyone who lives there to be evil, and the enemies of america, like she was doing is pretty much welcoming some nutjob to think it's a call for action.....

20. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

I do not think so, but she knew the minute it happened that she was wrong and took down her bulls-eye map off her website

and I am sure if something happens to this neighborhood watch guy, the nbp will try to clean up their wrongness as well... even if it turns out to have nothing to do with them

21. Unifier

Unifier New Member

LOL! Liberal logic at its finest. Rush calls a woman a slut and it causes a Mexican guy to shoot a black guy.

These people don't even know what they're angry about. They're so emotional, they can't even keep their issues straight anymore.

The problem isn't that the left wing blames conservatism for everything even when conservatism has nothing to do with it. This in and of itself is just harmless butt-hurt dwelling. The problem is that the left wing controls the media so their dishonest villifications get spread like herpes to the unassuming masses that trust their televisions to tell them what's going on in the world. And so we end up with a bunch of good, honest people that are on the wrong side of these issues because they have been deliberately misinformed by corrupt media sources. These people are being harnessed by the left and used as pawns to further their agenda. We have to wake these people up and show them that the referee has been bought off and the game is rigged.

You're absolutely right, though. Sandra Fluke and Trayvon Martin have been nothing but hot spots of opportunism for the left. They are exploiting these incidents for political gain. Most thinking people can see through it clear as day. But the people that trust their televisions are still likely to be duped.

We must take back the media if we want to open people's eyes to what really goes on in this country. We must establish more objective journalism on a grand scale. Because as long as the media is playing for the liberal team, we are fighting with one arm tied behind our back.

22. Dave1mo

Dave1mo New Member

Is this irony or what?! It's like he's too blind to see how hypocritical he is.

23. akphidelt2007

akphidelt2007 New Member Past Donor

Let's face it, the media is a FOR-PROFIT group of companies. They will pry on anything that gets attention. And what's funny is all the racists who want to stick up for Zimmerman provide the same benefit for the media than the ones that want Zimmerman arrested. This is a perfect example of real people like the OP and others picking a side and making this a much bigger story than it really is. The media doesn't create this, you create this.

24. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

You are incorrect. Whether you are lying or merely misinformed I'll leave for others to judge, but the police report clearly states that he was transported to the police department, and was interrogated there.

25. way2convey

No, that would be you because I have plenty of facts to back me up...but then you probably already know that. Like I suggested, use google BEFORE you jump in the fray with accussations.

Yes they do. They also have what they claim to be unbias NEWS. (for the third (and last) time....GOOGLE!)