+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What percentage of the thread titles here you feel are flame bait?

Personally, I have never lowered myself to use such childish tactics, when all I ever needed to do was to post good old facts and common sense backed up by my life experiences, adherence to traditions and our Constitution. So, my Conservative outlook on life suggests that the only people left to sink to such a silly sophomoric standard would be the liberal contingent here. Case closed.
    If you want to anger a liberal, tell him the truth.
    If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.

newzealand uk hay on wye
    Location: Wellington, New Zealand (12000 merciful miles from the US)
    My Latest Mood: Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Libhater View Post
    Personally, I have never lowered myself to use such childish tactics, when all I ever needed to do was to post good old facts and common sense backed up by my life experiences, adherence to traditions and our Constitution. So, my Conservative outlook on life suggests that the only people left to sink to such a silly sophomoric standard would be the liberal contingent here. Case closed.
    "Facts" like these, huh?

FEMINISIM encourages women to:

LEAVE..... their husbands,
    KILL..... their babies,
    PRACTICE.....witchcraft,
    DESTROY.....capitalism, and...
    BECOME.....lesbians

Quote Originally Posted by Awryly View Post

"Facts" like these, huh?
    Exactly!............
    If you want to anger a liberal, tell him the truth.
    If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by peoplevsmedia View Post
    I noticed vast majority of the threads here and other political boards are for the most part flame bait, for example:

How Long Should the US Government Sustain an Economically Unsustainable Middle Class?
    The US needs to re-instate the draft .
    Maybe it's time for a civil war..
    The threads you picked show your view. In the end you are doing the same thing you are accusing others of.

I think many thread posters are just looking for people who share their own views to post in agreement. Sort of the choir preaching to the choir.

Sure, some are looking to pick a fight. But isn't that what political discourse is all about?
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”

― John Milton

5. Default

Honestly...there is only one person I would consider "flame bait". So is that 1%?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude C View Post
    Counting this one, about 98% of them, all started by paid GOP hacks.
    Nonsense. My research shows that 97% are started by racist liberal disciples.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Awryly View Post
    "Facts" like these, huh?
    You do seriously come to mind when I think of flame bait....in fact your location alone is meant to do so.
    " The man who d*mns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it.”
    — Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 412)

"I don't look to a man to get pride in myself. It's not about having a black president, it's about having a good president, and I think that's the most important thing."
    Congressman Allen West

If I was a moderator, I would be more aggressive with moderating the threads and I would take the totally useless, pointless threads and suspend the user for wasting space in this forum!

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123