Republican Candidates Weigh In on Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by superbadbrutha, Mar 25, 2012.

1. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Looks like they disagree with most of the forum racist on this issue, I wonder if it will cost them your vote.

2. Tipper101

Tipper101 Well-Known Member

So if a guy follows me, and I turn around and attack him, then that fellow has no right to defend himself from my attack solely because he was the one tailing me and not vice versa?

That's absurd.

Clearly if Zimmerman had shot Trayvon as he was tailing him, then it would not qualify, since he would not have been under attack and thus there would be nothing to defend himself against.

This is why it's so important to know everything that happened.

3. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of Gingrich, but I'm glad he points out the balance needed with laws for self-defense.

In a lot of the world, laws are too much against the ability to defend yourself from intruders. This is why Castle Doctrine is a good thing.

4. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

the GOP candidates are obviously racist against white people just like the liberal media

5. The Mello Guy

did any of them comment on the various white people being murdered that conservatives were pointing out?

6. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Jeb Bush came out against the law several days ago..

7. JohnnyMo

JohnnyMo Moderator Staff Member Donor

If you feared for your life from the person you were following, why would you follow??

Based on the facts and accounts of witnesses Martin, in this case, is the ONLY one who can claim SYG or self defense. Martin had every right to fear for his life Zimmerman DID NOT

8. The Mello Guy

no he came out against using the law to defend zimmerman, saying it didnt apply.

9. Alif Qadr

Alif Qadr Banned

Tipper, I guess that you do not accept the legal concept of "excessive force. If you do, than you clearly do not comprehend why such laws and statutes exist. It is excessive force that Mr. Zimmerman shot Mr. Martin. Had Mr. Zimmerman simply overpowered him by knocking him out, that would have been within the legal bounds. Being that Mr. Zimmerman shot and killed him for punching him in the face, than Mr. Zimmerman is guilty of use of excessive force. This calls into question why no charges have been brought against Mr. Zimmerman in regards to excessive force. The more this incident is examined, the more it is apparent that the Criminal Justice System does not work as it should.
    Florida Statutes 776.012; 776.013; and 776.032
    source: http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/Analysis-Florida-New-Self-Defense-Law.html

10. Tipper101

Oh common, if the guy turns around and starts beating you down, obviously things have changed. More so if he turns around and points a gun at you. or if 50 of his friends jump out of the bushes wielding gatling guns and lobbing grenades.

Situations change. Self defense claims are not dictated by perceived threats at the start of a situation---only at the time in which the defense was made.

Piscivorous and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Tipper101

Any place in my post that says Zimmerman had the right to shoot Trayvon?

Feel free to quote it for me.

My point was that Zimmerman had the right to defend himself if he was under attack. I did not specify how that defense should be made. Your presumption is simply that: a presumption

..and apparently, you are very good at presumptions, since you also presume that Zimmerman was only defending himself from ONE punch. I do believe there are other threads dealing with this topic which have information that it was multiple punches from on top of Zimmerman, which would mean that your presumption is wrong.

If you won't quote me, then I'll do it for you:

12. Terrapinstation

Terrapinstation Well-Known Member

They all seemed to say they don't know all the facts, it's a tragedy, and let the authorities handle it. Shame that Obama, Jackson, Sharpton, the black panthers, etc couldn't use the same tactful comments.

13. Zook

Zook New Member

True racists wouldn't vote for Jew/Zionist controlled Republican candidates anyway. Republicans are practically the same as Democrats on racial issues. What the hell are you even talking about??

14. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

You call people racists way to much. Its the one of the worst things you could call someone.

Stop crying wolf.

15. Belus

Belus Banned

Unlike our joke of a president they are not trying to make this a race issue. Why? BECAUSE IT'S NOT A RACE ISSUE. Instead of coming out saying things to incite more division between people they are saying sane and calm statements.

They could be saying that Zimmerman is a Hispanic with black family members.
    They could mention that Martin was on private property.
    They could mention that Zimmerman suffered broken bones in the beating that he took from Martin.
    They could mention that Martin was in Florida because he got kicked out of school for being violent.
    They could mention how sick Obama is for using the death of a 17 year old to divide this country even more so.

Naw, instead they are playing it cool, and I guess good for them because Obama and the Liberals do a good enough of a job of making themselves look stupid.

16. Margot

Is any of that true?

17. Belus

Belus Banned

Have you been reading all of the news articles or just swallowing what you are told? These are all things I've picked up from different news articles.

Also have the republican candidates mentioned that the liberals are posting pictures of Martin when he was a lot younger and not the recent pictures of him? NO. Should they? Ehhh when every low life on this planet will take any chance to call republicans racists it's probably best they just make the comments that they have made.

18. The Mello Guy

lmao the gop 3 are already convicting zimmerman! obama only said we need to be sure we investigate it

19. The Mello Guy

obviously the gop candidates are promoting a racist pro-black agenda

20. countryboy

countryboy Well-Known Member

Yes it will, I will now be voting for the racist Obama. :roll:

21. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

I hardly ever call someone racist. And this guy absolutely is racist.

22. Margot

The Miami Herald has been VERY thorough as opposed to sly.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/22/2708960/trayvon-martin-a-typical-teen.html

Why do you think this has anything to do with Republicans or Democrats?

23. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

I
    Didnt
    You

24. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

No it won't.

Republican candidates could (*)(*)(*)(*) on the flag, shoot old ladies, and stomp on a cross and they would give them a free pass if they said it from the bow of a Naval Destroyer and said it was all in the interest of freedom.

Just like a Democratic candidate could perform oral sex on the President of China and hand him the deeds to every manufacturing plant left in the US while raping their mothers and calling out racial slurs, but at least its better than having some religious nut in the White House.

25. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

I guess Zimmerman, the Hispanic man with black family members has been successful in hiding his racism from his family.