Gaza Arab gunman murder eight Israeli citizens, launches rockets into Israel …

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by RevAnarchist, Mar 29, 2012.

1. RevAnarchist

RevAnarchist New Member Past Donor

NOTICE >>> I am going to begin to post the news that many don’t hear due to the left spin media here in the states. While this news is available online you might not see it on the evening news or in the newspapers <<< NOTICE

"Gaza militants launched barrages of rockets into Israel early Friday and Israeli aircraft struck targets in the Palestinian territory in the aftermath of the deadliest attack against Israelis in three years."

" On Thursday, gunmen who appear to have originated in Gaza and who crossed into southern Israel through the Egyptian desert ambushed civilian vehicles traveling on a remote road in southern Israel, killing eight people. Six were civilians, and two were members of Israeli security forces responding to the incursion."

Until these type of Palestinian/Hamas Gaza militant anti Israel terror attacks cease the people on both sides will suffer. Personally I see no peace in this area forthcoming due to the attacks by radical Arab groups.

Israel endures more attacks - latest near egypt border
    www.gnnradio.org/common/Content.asp?PAGE=406...224
    Aug 19, 2011 – Israel Endures More Attacks - Latest Near Egypt Border ... Gaza militants launched barrages of rockets into Israel early Friday and Israeli aircraft ..

reva

2. Claude C

Claude C New Member

Yeah yeah.... Israel is just an innocent bystander...

3. Cubed

Cubed Well-Known Member Past Donor

trying to take either side is moot at this point. both are just as culpable now.

4. RevAnarchist

Did you read the article? Or do you simply make anti Israeli comments without facts to back up your erroneous assumptions? If you think you have a leg to stand on please elaborate and be specific, is Israel always to blame for everything? You comments and attitude is precisely the reason I am going to post relevant comment to show Israel is not to blame for every time there is a death in the middle east area.

reva

5. RevAnarchist

Even as a Israeli supporter (apologist) I would go so far as to admit that both sides have made huge mistakes that bar the road to peace. Do you think that anything can be done to salvage a peace in the area? Do you feel the Arabs should offer any assistance in providing those that claim Palestinian citizenship a homeland? Should there be any subjects that are expressly taboo, by that I mean not negotiable, and will never be on the table? Do you delineate between terrorism ie intentionally targeting non combatants and conventional warfare? If so should there be any rules at all in war, by that I mean is all war terrorism ? If that is the case what would stop Israel from nuking the surrounding countries that it perceives as enemies in what would be called a terrorist attack if the old rules were used?

Answer any one or all of the above or none if you feel none applies~

reva

6. RevAnarchist

Ahhhh' I love the sounds of silence after a rebuttal.....It smells like victory!

reva

7. Cubed

Actually, I work graveyard shifts and so I went to bed.

There is, but only when everyone gives up on this 'me only' mentality. The Israelis are their to stay, as are the Palestinians.

I think the whole world should assist both sides. From what I have read, all attempts to split the country in half for both sides, always ends up with one side getting the majority of the important sites in the country (water wells, religious sites etc..)
    Personally I think the country should be split up evenly, with major religious sites as neural zones which are not controlled by either side, yet enjoyed by both. But the chances of either side agreeing to that are slim to none.

No. Nothing should ever be taboo in negotiations of such magnitude. People need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that the only way to peace is finding a balance (which means neither side gets everything they want).

Of course, but trying to get either side to stick to a specific definition would be a major hurdle as neither side wants to be labeled as terroristic, regardless of whether they actually fit the description or not.

This is a funny question, in that everyone will say that their should be rules to war, but I very much doubt that if given the opportunity, most would step outside the rules of war if it gave them a tactical advantage.

What would stop them otherwise? Using a Nuclear weapon is one of those 'no going back' situations now. IF they were used in this conflict, it would immediately send this issue into the endgame, and probably end with most of both sides dead.

personally I'd like to see all nuclear weapons abolished, but that's the unabashed lefty inside me, constantly railing against my centrist and minor rightist sensibilities.

8. OJLeb

OJLeb New Member

Victory.... Bro...

You posted an article about something that happened a year ago, in the Political Opinion section...

This is your victory?

9. Idiocracy

Idiocracy New Member

Why not opt for a one state solution. What kind of leverage do the Palestinians have to obtain equality besides the growing Arab population in Israel. It would also help bring an end to the apartheid in Israel. Jews and Arabs lived in harmony before the state of Israel I don't understand why they couldn't do it again.

10. Cubed

that would be great actually. I was just thinking 'worst case scenario'. I am all about living together in harmony, I just doubt that harmony would really exist after so many years of both sides leaders basically instilling anti-otherside indoctrination since birth.

11. Idiocracy

Idiocracy New Member

People get through it what do you think ended segregation and apartheid policies elsewhere? Young people often move on when there are better alternatives.

12. OJLeb

OJLeb New Member

Many of the Palestinians (including ones who I've talked to currently in Palestine) advocate for 1-state.

The problem with that is, if "Israel" accepted a one-state solution, they would need to share Jerusalem and share the land. It would no longer be a "Jewish homeland" and just a regular country. Like it was before Zionism got involved.

With a two-state, well we saw how hard the United States and "Israel" tried to stop that. Abbas tried it the diplomatic way, the other side wouldn't have any of it.

It is very possible for the land to return to what was once a place where Muslims, Jews and Christians lived together like brothers and sisters and shared the land, shared Jerusalem, and shared the peace.

13. Idiocracy

Idiocracy New Member

What Israel's government currently seems interested in is a Neo-Zionist 1 state solution where they've annexed Palestine but their gov is losing a lot of popularity. They're coming off as to extreme.

The biggest obstacle in the way is people who feel they are superb or "individual" and the only way to secure their superiority is two separate states these people of course are on both sides; they feel their difference is defined by boarders. Only a closer relationship between the two sides can end this ignorance, violence only furthers it.

14. Cubed

That would be great. Young people are the one's who sway the future, and they definitely tend to be more progressive then their elders.

If a 1 state solution exists now, I'm all for it.

15. budini

budini Banned

to rev and all :::::::::

??? what can gaza do ???

first of all gaza is not the only such small geo-political and socio-economic unit on earth.

for example take a good look at singapor and venecia (venice)

and there have been many such past examples.

historicaly speaking; gaza was more often a part of egypt than it was ever an independent stae.

singapor is not totaly independent, it is a part of singapor and malaysia. yet singapor is a thriving trade center.

venice (along with verona) is not just a dependent part of italy, it is an almost free port, with its own impost - export laws. and venice - verona is a thriving trade center.

if gaza is concerned only with war and terrorism, then it shall have only war and terrorism.

economicaly the USA is falling apart; soon all of the little unable psuedo nations shall be on their own.

??? and why should russia feed the people of gaza ??? when these same people live in north america do they show respect for any russians whom they should happen to meet. [[ not from my own personal experience ]]

vlad