+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: America officially has the highest taxes in the World...

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    This is a standard example of misinformation. The US does not have the highest corporate tax rate. To make such a comparison we'd have to refer to effective rates, something deliberately avoided by those making these unsupported claims

The USA also has the highest amount of deductions and other preference items that result in lower net taxable income. Naturally, this was ignored by the delusional OP and his ''source''.
    Corporations enjoyed their highest profits since 1900 under President Obama ~ why don't the right wing media celebrate this TRUTH?

November 2012 elections: A victory for America!

2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

3. Default

Its a shame that you're backtracking. You presented some gorgeous evidence that agreed also with Iriemon. It was jolly nice to see such agreement.
    So show me what you think I said

Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So show me what you think I said
    Say? You gave the evidence like you should. Not surprisingly that evidence supported Iriemon too.
    And the ship we sail, and the flag she flies; It is the Herald of Free Enterprise

5. Default

So reiver, I showed you Exxon Mobil's 2011 tax rate was 42percent. What do you think it should be?

Does not matter that is the official tax rate. I pay no payroll taxes thanks to the tax code. Does that mean the tax code is 0? I think not.
    Does that mean the actual rate of payroll taxes you paid was -0-? I think so.

7. Default

Say? You gave the evidence like you should. Not surprisingly that evidence supported Iriemon too.
    Show the evidence you claim I gave. More likely you are taking something I posted out of context

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Iriemon View Post
    Does that mean the actual rate of payroll taxes you paid was -0-? I think so.
    Yet that is not the tax rate for my income. The tax rate is the starting point before deductions

Show the evidence you claim I gave. More likely you are taking something I posted out of context
    Oh no, I've congratulated you for providing an appropriate international comparison of tax rates. And that's the obvious point that has been communicated to you fellows again and again: the OP is constructed around a deliberate misrepresentation
    And the ship we sail, and the flag she flies; It is the Herald of Free Enterprise

10. Default

Oh no, I've congratulated you for providing an appropriate international comparison of tax rates. And that's the obvious point that has been communicated to you fellows again and again: the OP is constructed around a deliberate misrepresentation
    So you can't show it. I am not surprised

So you can't show it. I am not surprised
    I'm just finding your backtracking terribly amusing. You didn't realise what you were referring to of course

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast