Kuwait Mulls Death Penalty For Insulting God, Prophet

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Dutch, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Past Donor

KUWAIT, April 12 (Reuters) - Kuwaiti lawmakers voted in favor of a legal amendment on Thursday which could make insulting God and the Prophet Mohammad punishable by death, after a case of suspected blasphemy on Twitter caused an uproar in the Gulf Arab state.

Members of Parliament must vote on the proposal again in a second session and it would need the approval of the country's ruler before becoming law. The amendment was backed by 46 votes, while four opposed it and others abstained. Those in favor included all 15 members of the cabinet.

Blasphemy is illegal in Kuwait under a 1961 publications law and at present carries a jail term, the length of which depends on the severity of the comments and their perceived effect on society, lawyers say.

Islamist MPs proposed toughening the law last month after authorities arrested a Kuwaiti man they said had defamed the Prophet, his companions and his wife on the Twitter messaging site.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/12/kuwait-mulls-death-penalty-for-insulting-god_n_1420492.html

The Arab spring is still blossoming... Ancient Islamic laws are taking hold in more and more countries... nothing wrong with this, right?... just don't take the Lord's name in vain, and you will live long and prosper. (*)(*)(*)(*)ing Allah, (*)(*)(*)(*)ing Muhammad, (*)(*)(*)(*)ing Islam... ***** **********

2. AJ98

AJ98 Well-Known Member

Their religious laws don't infringe on my life. That sounds like an issue for those who live in Kuwait. If its a problem, its theirs to deal with. Not my concern.

3. Dutch

No, of course not. Unless you believe sharia law is spreading world's over like a Bubonic plague, and will one day rule life in your neighborhood, too.

catalinacat and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Dutch

No, of course not. Unless you believe sharia law is spreading world's over like a Bubonic plague, and will one day rule life in your neighborhood, too.

5. aussiefree2ride

aussiefree2ride New Member

Every immigrant brings a piece of their original homeland with them. The question we need to ask ourselves when deciding on immigration policy is "who do we want for our new neighbours?"

6. AJ98

AJ98 Well-Known Member

I think thats a pretty outrageous claim to make. If Muslims want to live in theocracies then so be it. But to believe that they want to transform America into a theocracy a means of converting us is absolute nonsense. There is a pretty clear distinction of separation of church and state in this country. Unless someone throws away the constitution, religious law of any kind will not replace what we already have. Since the establishment of our country, I'd say our laws have been moving further away from religion.

7. AJ98

AJ98 Well-Known Member

Yeah we practiced that form of exclusion for a long time. America was concerned about letting in the "undesirables". We don't do that anymore you know. As long as you can speak English, learn our history and laws, and then swear and oath, you can become a citizen no problem.

8. aussiefree2ride

I think that when large numbers of immigrants are involved, we need to base intake numbers on compatability and potential for assimilation .

9. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

you gave to these sandni$gers their freedom back, and asked nothing in return ...why?anyway Americans do everything for petro$

10. Dutch

It is happening. Now. remember the Halloween case in Pensilvania, where muslim judge dismissed the case 'cos in his opinion, defendant was "offended" by the caricature of Muhammad? It'd be foolish to ignore this example, for it'll happen again, and again. Until it becomes an acceptable practice in the US. Then, another part of sharia law will be instituted.

11. AJ98

AJ98 Well-Known Member

Yeah we don't practice those prejudice methods anymore. Thats why the INS has a program designed to properly inform and educate those seeking citizenship. Obviously allowing people into our country that are going to abide by our laws and understand our culture is important. We don't just let anyone in at the front door like we used too (IE: Ellis Island). But it sounds like you are suggesting we don't let in certain ethnicities or backgrounds just because they happen to be different. Thats wrong and we have corrected those bigoted fears.

12. AJ98

AJ98 Well-Known Member

No I don't remember this case you speak of. But i'm sure whatever it was about, it was an isolated incident. And no one is going to institute sharia law into our country. Especially not if it contradicts state and federal laws. And believe me, it will conflict with one of those two first before it has any chance of becoming widespread. Assuming you are retarded enough to believe that would ever have the chance of getting that far.

13. aussiefree2ride

On the basis of offense, what would the verdict be if I was to be deeply offended by someone who takes offense to a caricature of Muhammad?

14. AJTheMan

AJTheMan New Member

Religion strikes again!

Flying-Spaghetti-Monster-Car-Emblem-(2181).jpg

15. Dutch

*shrug* it was not an isolated incident, although it may have been a first of it's kind to get a nationwide publicity...

----------------------------------------------

A Muslim judge in Pennsylvania – who scolded a local atheist for offending Islam, called him a doofus and accused him of “using the First Amendment” to madden Muslims – dismissed harassment charges against the Muslim defendant who purportedly choked the atheist during a Halloween parade.

District Judge Mark Martin brought a Quran to court and told the alleged victim, American Atheists’ Pennsylvania State Director Ernest Perce V, “I think you misinterpreted a couple of things. So before you start mocking somebody else’s religion, you might want to find out a little more about it. It kind of makes you look like a doofus.”

-------------------------------------------------

16. aussiefree2ride

It`s not bigoted to be realistic when planning for the future of our society, just realistic.

17. Dutch

The charges were a harassment. The judge dismissed them because, in his opinion, a muslim was offended by an atheist was caricaturing Muhammad, and had every right to choke an offender . And yes, it happened in America. Free speech be (*)(*)(*)(*)ed.

18. Slyhunter

Slyhunter New Member Past Donor

Allah is an incarnation of satan. Islam is a religion of satanism.

19. aussiefree2ride

I`m offended by anyone who takes offense to a caricature of Muhammad, so on the basis of the judge`s decision. I should be free to choke those who offend me.

20. AJ98

AJ98 Well-Known Member

L-O-F^CKING-L!!!

I looked up this court case you referenced. I read the news reports. I even watched the video of the "attack" on youtube. The video doesn't show evidence that the man was attacked. All we see is mostly grainy blackness and another man standing close with his arms reached out. Yet you can't actually see where his hands are or what he is even doing. The Judge was correct that it was simply one man's word over another and that there was no evidence to charge anyone with a crime. The fact that the judge was Muslim and told the accuser to be more tolerant of religion is the only reason why this has made any headlines at all. Nobody was talking about bringing in Sharia law or making changes to current US laws. The Judge was presented with pretty much no evidence of wrong doing. He isn't going to waste everyone's time with a grand jury or some elaborate production to get to the bottom of the incident. It was a petty dispute with no evidence presented from either the defense or the prosecution. Thinking it was anything other than that is absolutely laughable at best.

21. philxx

philxx New Member

As always the faith thunkers world wide opt for insanity as far as politics ,hey just look at the US Political scene same crap different label ,mohammad had sex with pigs BTW and jesus's mum was a slut.

no sorry no lightning bolt sending me to (*)(*)(*)(*)ation .

fear not the latest religious dross spewing to the surface of political life will petter out its the last vestige of a capitialist sytem not only finacially bankrupt but ideologically and politically.

Lets see wopuld saying that mohammad was into bestiality mean a life sentance or death ?

No ,sorry I am still here ,Mohammad used to like having sexual intercourse with young sows .

no nothing happened.

22. philxx

philxx New Member

Good point all religions of the Judeo\christian\Islam Abrahamite are evil indeed ,as far as satanic ?

No just like God satan dosen't exist or is it Santa?

23. OhZone

OhZone Active Member

I wonder if they ever thought of just letting God deal with it.

Beware of creeping Sharia. It will be here before you know it.

Dutch and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Dutch

An absolutely brilliant observation - if G*d is insulted, let him deal with it? By the way, all other religions without exception do leave it to the Almighty... :)

25. fmw

fmw Well-Known Member

Good to see the inquisition is alive and well after all these years.