Realistically and Theoretically what can Obama run on

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Foolardi, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

Can someone honestly tell me and prove to me what Obama can run
    on that helps this Country.
    yes,he can pander till the Cows come home and probably will.
    But how does that help this Country.
    Is Obama more like Van Jones than say Daniel Patrick Moynihan,
    a very compassionate and Progressive Senator that Hillary took
    over for.
    Is Obama actually steering the Ship on a proper course.
    Or more like running amuck as the Bounty did when it was faced with
    Mutiny and had little choice but to flee within the High Seas in hopes of
    evading that final reckoning.

2. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

He will run on the perceived success of the GM bailout. He will run on the fact that Obamacare provided 30 million previously uninsured Americans with health insurance coverage. He will run on promoting equal pay via the Lilly Ledbetter Equal Pay Act. He will run on pulling the trigger to kill Osama bin Laden and Anwar al-Alwaki. He will run on ending the war in Iraq. He will run on 22 consecutive months of job growth. Yes, he will tout flawed statistics and over-exaggerate small successes, but in the game of hardball, that is all he needs.

3. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

He will run on that..but only his BASE will accept it.
    FORD..VW..HONDA..BMW did not require a bailout..and they survived just fine.
    That solar panel company did not.
    30 million got FREE health care that the Court will over turn..showing that Obama and DEMS over stepped their authority.Prices and cost for everyone PAYING for their insurance skyrocketed during the same time period.
    The Lilly act ? You promote that if you can ( yawn )
    Heck ..Bush got Saddam and he ended the war in Iraq too..and look what happened after?
    I wonder how Iran and NK and Syria will be factored in ? Can you say snatching defeat from victory in Afghanistan ?

22 months of job growth ?
    Followed by 3 and 1/2 years of doubling energy cost..Gas..next you'll say the stock market is proof Obama is good for the country...along with bank foreclosures and GSA abuses..

My bold prediction... Obama loses by 20 pts.
    It wont be close.

Akula and (deleted member) like this.
  4. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

The President will tout increases in the stock market. He will also tout success in Libya.

By the way, I am not voting for the President, and have criticized many of his policies, most recently the Buffett Rule. I am simply providing my analysis of what his campaign strategy will be.

5. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

The only important issues are the economy, the debt, the deficit and Obamacare.

I don't care about the killing of Osama bin Laden.

In fact, I've seen not a scintilla of evidence that Obama bin Laden is really dead.

6. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

You think he is alive? Even the skeptics of the killing of Osama Bin Laden by President Obama disagree with you. They will claim that he died in December 2001.

7. Foolardi

The way ObamaCare was passed will be an historic lesson in partisan graft and
    closed door policy.it was virtually promised to almost immediately LOWER
    Premiums.Not even close.It did the opposite.Plus those on medicare got screwed.
    yes ...Ford Motor didn't take any bailout and came back faster and stronger
    than GM w/o any need to cook the books and literally screw GMAC bondholders and
    Dealerships.
    Explain how Torture under Obama was actually heightened and not once
    mentioned.Let alone More casuality count.Or the also buryied fact that Gaddafi
    was slaughtered like a dog when he was actually en route to surrender.
    I don't like Gaddahfi any more than most,but just a few years earlier
    he was sitting and bargaining with American Diplomats and addressed the United Nations
    just last year.he was a Bad guy.But even Bad guys are afforded the right of white flag surrender.
    That is what Gaddafi was doing with his carpool in the early hours when a drone
    attack hit him and he was scattered.He was set up.He and his carpool had white surrender
    flags flying when he moved.Even President Bush allowed Saddam and sadist sons to surrender
    Via a TV address 48 hrs. before Iraqi Freedom started.

8. Foolardi

There is not one shred of evidence that Bin Laden was even alive when that compound
    was stormed.Now why was that.You mean they couldn't even show an alive Bin Laden
    before he was Killed.Or why not show him after he was riddled with bullets.because it
    was another Fraud.Bin Laden hasn't been seen hide nor hair of for 10 years.
    Virtually everything about that BOGUS Covert Ops was a Lie.There was NO
    firefight outside the Compound lasting 45 minutes.PURE BULL.In fact when it was
    finally explained months later { why that long ?} the official story was that the
    secret operation was so quick that there was no need to have any helmut cameras
    on.Which is in direct contradiction to how the White House pleaded there was a
    REAL TIME Video feed of the entire operation and that Commander Obama was waiting on the
    code word " Geronimo " to order the kill shot.There was NO Situation Room Live feed
    of events.IT WAS HUGE PROPAGANDA LIE in order for Obama to appear like a Concerned and
    capable Commander and also to distract from his low popularity and the the recent
    Book about - Where's The Birth Certificate -.
    The Seals were used to Project the Image of patriotism.And it worked flawlessly.
    What True Blue American is gonna doubt the veracity of the navy Seals.

9. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

I have been reading through articles and watching videos over the past few hours about bin Laden's death. It is quite possible that he died in December 2001. I obviously have to do more research, but the prospect is interesting.

10. Foolardi

There is no shortage of INFO that Bin Laden had Kidney disease and that dates back to
    the late 1990's.Listen to the renown expert on this kinda stuff Dr.Steve Pieczenik.
    He explains how even the CIA was aware that Bin Laden had Marfan Syndrome as
    late as 2000.

11. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Trust me, Obama is not gonna risk trying to deceive the public on killing Bin Laden. If anyone involved in the operation were to speak out and blow the cover-up it would sink him. Bin Laden was not a major focus on anyone's mind and the traction he got out of taking him down was miniscule at best. No way in the world a politician is gonna risk so much for so little gain.

Its not like when Johnson faked the Gulf of Tonkin incident to get us into Vietnam. Killing Osama is a minor acheivement compared to the other issues going on in the country.

12. Foolardi

One of the reason Obama pulled the Charade was to suck in anyone who dared to
    infer that a Navy seal could be bought.That a Navy Seal could be used as a
    Political prop.Seal Team #6 was a Dick Cheney covert group established under
    secret commission to be used for Assassination and related undocumented activity.
    That is why no Political figure was about to run off at the mouth and challenge
    Obama's use as if suspect.Anyone who dared to challenge Obama's veracity of
    the Bin Laden Mission would be treated to worse than any Birther had.
    That was the nefarious beauty of the Covert Ops.It was an almost iron clad
    way to Make Obama appear very Commander-like and also the Seals as
    Victors for finally nabbing Bin Laden who had been dead for years.

13. Mike12

Mike12 Well-Known Member

Well, let me answer with a question for you? What can Romney run on? Does anyone want to go back to bush land with Romney? It was bush that turned a surplus into a defect by increasing spending and cutting taxes; it was under bush that the economy nearly collapsed almost sending us into a depression had it not being for his own administration pumping money into the economy.

Some say we were better off then but it's ignorance at it's highest. When Obama came in the stock market was in disarray ( bottomed at 6k, now above 12,000), banks were failing, automobile industry about to collapse ( with millions of jobs hanging); there was FEAR in the market; no-one wanted to lend and balance sheets a mess...

Today, things are much better but there are still problems to be resolved but here is the deal - no president or country can turn things around in 4 years; not from such an economic disaster which threatened to send us into a depression had it not been for the actions of the fed and treasury. Their actions were 'necessary evils' unless people think that pumping money into failing financial system and saving automobile industry was wrong. Imagine what would have happened if more banks like lehman would have failed and big auto companies gone out of business with many more millions laid off.. Scary to think where we would be now; maybe we would be in a depression.. Really.

So it's a tough time for any president right now, Obama inherited a mess and it will take a long time to fully recover... Obama can't claim he has made amazing progress but merely remind us of the prior administration; this should be more than enough.. I fear what Romney could do, bush part 2...who wants this?

14. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

1. He can run on GOP idiot Romney who is running on Obamney care.
    2. No.

15. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Okay this thread has now officially collapsed into a sea of conspiracy nincompoopery and leftist shiboleths. It's like reading the bathroom walls at an asylum.