Quick Thread: What is the liberal equivalent to neo-con from neo-cons?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by merc, Apr 14, 2012.

1. merc

merc Active Member

Thanks!

2. Idiocracy

Idiocracy New Member

Neo-liberal they sell out liberals like neo-conservatives sell out conservatives.

3. jor

jor New Member

Progressive

4. kilgram

kilgram New Member

As a European I am not able to distinguish between a neo-conservative and a neo-liberal.

5. Object227

Object227 Well-Known Member

Has anyone considered the label "capitalist" as an alternative to identify an endorsement of that particular social system? It avoids the ambiguity and subjectivity associated with these other labels which are too easily thrown about.

6. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Progressives are the fringe of liberals as neo cons are a fringe of conservatives. Both want to use the force of government to implement their Utopian ideals.

7. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Yes but neo-liberals are almost extinct. The Democratic Leadership Council, which used to include a large part of Democratic Party movers and shakers has shut down. I think Harold Ford Jr is the last neo liberal and they no longer have any influence in the Democratic Party.

8. DivineComedy

DivineComedy Well-Known Member

Since anyone who votes for a Republican or neo-con is a neo-con to some liberals, and the "from neo-cons" is operative, I can only say the "liberal" equivalent of neo-con is neo-commie.

Here is the neo-con part:

“It is time to turn the page. When I am President, we will wage the war that has to be won, with a comprehensive strategy with five elements: getting out of Iraq and on to the right battlefield in Afghanistan and Pakistan; developing the capabilities and partnerships we need to take out the terrorists and the world’s most deadly weapons; engaging the world to dry up support for terror and extremism; restoring our values; and securing a more resilient homeland.” (Remarks of Senator Barack Obama The War We Need to Win Wednesday, August 1, 2007) http://www.wilsoncenter.org/events/docs/obamasp0807.pdf

“we need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values;” http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm

After ten thousand times of that being shoved in my face… EAT IT “LIBERALS”

"A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY." {that is the commie part of Neocommie}