What happened to tax protesters?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by BullsLawDan, Apr 15, 2012.

You are viewing posts in the Conspiracy Theory forum. PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening.

1. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

When I say "tax protesters," of course, I mean the people who used to go around saying there's no law that requires you to pay income tax, or that the 16th Amendment was never ratified, or that foreigners are the only ones who need to pay, or some such nonsense.

In the past 3 years, on all the message boards I've been on, I've barely seen this.

Anyone have a thought on what caused their decline?

I just thought of it after reading this (pretty humorous) article about them:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjr...id-does-tax-protesters-and-the-cheek-defense/

2. Patriot911

Patriot911 New Member Past Donor

Well, in the time I've been on forums like this, I've seen two who were absolutely convinced that they didn't have to pay taxes. They both got sent to prison and their arguments didn't wash with the judges. Now, I have to give them kudos because they actually believed their own tripe enough to actually try and apply it to real life. But, as many conspiratards find out, real life doesn't give two squats about their interpretation of reality.

3. NAB

NAB Active Member

Psholtz pbuh

4. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

DUDE!

There's a name I hadn't heard in a while. Maybe I should look him up on PACER, see how he's doing in his quest to beat the system. LOL

5. NAB

NAB Active Member

I figured he was one of the two that Pat was referring to. How could you forget him BLD, since you participated in his "throw down" thread?

Shame on you. :)

6. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

Incidentally, I did look him up on PACER. The last his court case indicates, he had complied with the IRS order to turn over all documentation of income they had requested, and subsequently the IRS admin files reflect he paid and paid BIG.

7. NAB

NAB Active Member

The last I recall was that someone posted something on PCF about him doing some Fed time, but I'm not sure if that was ever confirmed (can't go back and check it now for obvious reasons). If he paid, then maybe he avoided jail time. For all his conspiracy nonsense, I hope he didn't actually have to do any time in the pokey.

8. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

According to the PACER records, he failed to appear in California several times. They located him in Texas and issued an arrest warrant. He was arrested and kept in jail just long enough to bring him back to California. He was then released, and complied with the IRS requests for documentation of all his income, etc. Then, he paid his taxes.

9. Kokomojojo

Kokomojojo Well-Known Member

wow going back to debtor prisons huh.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal New Member

No. That hasn't been claimed anywhere.

11. NAB

NAB Active Member

You do not know the details of the particular person being discussed, unlike BLD and myself. He used to be a poster on a now defunct forum we both frequented, and was notorious in his "beliefs" concerning paying taxes. Up to the point where he started a thread about how he "threw down" in Federal Court (where he included a very detailed play by play of his insane antics in the courtroom). He disappeared from the forum not long after that......

BLD looked up his case to see what happened to him, and here we are.

12. krew09

krew09 Member

"If you...examined [The 16th Amendment] carefully, you would find that a sufficient number of states never ratified that amendment." - U.S. District Court Judge James C. Fox 2003.

Well,obviously your ignorance is what it is all about. The fact that the 16th was never ratified,and there is no law requiring federal income taxes to be paid on your labor is no problem for "useful idiots" like yourself. You cant seem to understand some very simple concepts,like the media is controlled,and the judicial system is corrupt. Perhaps when you do,then it will make more sense to you.

13. Patriot911

I'd like to see you try spouting that bull(*)(*)(*)(*) in front of a judge. Many have tried. None have won. None of your condescending crap matters much as you're rotting in prison. :lol:

14. tkolter

tkolter Well-Known Member

As a supporter of the undergrounder movement that is just living in a way ,usually untraceable cash outside of financial tracking means the IRS has, this group are morons. The best way to avoid paying taxes is to live very modestly, live on cash for everything and its unlikely if your not living in a way to draw attention (buying a new car with cash) the IRS is unlikely to know you exist. This group are directly challenging the beast and want to get arrested. Many even get new ID's enough to use over their real identities to further make prosecution hard if you don't drive, use a high end fake ID for routine uses its a good way to toss another wrench in the works.

15. Patriot911

Playing within the rules of the system is perfectly acceptable and I know a few who do. They scrape by and pay very little if any taxes, and they seem perfectly happy with it. More power to them! But yeah. You're spot on. People who decide to take on the system because "they know better" is nothing but a crap ton of fail.

16. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

The person in question was temporarily held in jail at the behest of one judge, to be brought before another judge, for the purpose of answering why he had not yet turned over simple, legally-requested documentation of his income to the IRS.

That's not a debtor prison. No one was even stating he had a debt at that point. Just that he was illegally withholding information that would allow the IRS to determine if he had a debt.

LOL... you need to read the REAL quote here. Judge Fox was not making this point himself, he was recalling others saying it and making the argument, and then two sentences later comes to the conclusion that the 16th Amendment is, in fact, a ratified part of the Constitution.

26 U.S.C. s. 1 requires that Americans pay tax on their income, which is defined as all net gains in money that come to a person, "from whatever source". That includes money earned from labor.
    This proves that conspiracy theorists have confirmation bias that impairs their judgement.

You start your post with a quote from a federal judge, then say the "judicial system is corrupt," implying, of course, that they are all corrupt, except for this one who happend to say something you think is in your favor.

That's the essence of the conspiracy theorist and the psychological defect of confirmation bias - you accept evidence that supposedly confirms your preordained theory, and reject everything else.

17. Heisenberg

Heisenberg New Member

not worried at all about bragging on the internet about being a narc?

18. tidbit

tidbit New Member Past Donor

I don't know what happened to the tax protesters, but my Ex went to a meeting about the illegality of taking money from the producers and giving it to the sloths. He came home and said he wasn't paying taxes anymore.That year we didn't file our taxes. Guess who got her paycheck garnished by the IRS.

19. tidbit

tidbit New Member Past Donor

Heisenberg: Brilliant German physicist that came up with the "Uncertainty Principle".

20. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

Funny thing about right wingers: they condemn the government for enforcing the tax laws against protesters but they applaud the government when it chokes to death a black guy who failed to pay his cigarette taxes in NYC.

21. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Locally we have one of those in federal prison. I think there were enough prosecutions that people realized it was a stupid idea.

- - - Updated - - -

You cannot be jailed or imprisoned for not paying federal income tax. You can be jailed or imprisoned for suggesting that you don't owe taxes (or don't file taxes or file them improperly).

22. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

He was choked to death because he was a fat guy who resisted arrest. If he had complied, he'd simply be in jail for not paying cigarette taxes.