+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the Zimmerman case a Roscharch Test on our society?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
    ...Meaning, have a guy kill somebody and have the process botched by the Police as to create a certain reaction from the masses? as to spark Martial Law? or something similar? like civil unrest around the nation?
    One cause an event in the system to cause social change. What is going to change because of this event? (laws, gun control, police behaviour?) The MSM is bringing this event continuesly to the people (masses) (collectivism)
    Social change means another blow for what was one day called western civilisation (that is very far broken down over the last century), the system is getting more and more chaotic in all kinds of ways (remember the strategy order out of chaos, not the order you want, totalitarian order is order without freedom) A century of change, that is the whole trick. Look how strong the USA has changed since for example 1955. They cause social change all the time to destroy civilisation, and slowly but surely they take over the USA (Germany was taken over in almost the same way, they push and push, cause false flag terror or let terror happen (in their advantage, chaos and control), cause social change, change laws, take over society, branches. The people who are in control are masters in taken over societies (they know human nature/emotion/psychology) This was one of their revolutionaries or provocators.
    Last edited by Xanadu; Apr 25 2012 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skeptic-f View Post
    I'm impressed by all the posters that effectively dodged the question in the OP. The reference to the Rorschach Test is to a series of ink blots where the respondent says what the symmetrical blots remind them of. The answer says much about the respondent's state of mind and psyche rather than whether it is a "true" answer.

4Horseman was, as far as I can tell, thus asking whether belief in George Zimmerman's innocence or guilt isn't ultimately unrelated to the truth but rather to the psyche of the person hearing about the Trayvon Martin affair. Judging by the posts on this thread so far, 4Horsemen has a valid point.

Ok that is super easy.

Until I see some evidence that points to the guilt of Zimmerman, other than media hype, I will assume he is innocent until proven guilty.
    Economic Left/Right: 4.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." Thomas Aquinas

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Ok that is super easy.

Until I see some evidence that points to the guilt of Zimmerman, other than media hype, I will assume he is innocent until proven guilty.

That's nice! But the Rorschach Test consists in MORE than one ink blot. . .it is a SERIES of ink blots, and the answer to only ONE in the series doesn't give much information at all. . .it is the combination of the answers to SEVERAL ink blots. . .

For example. . .what about the "demonization" of Trayvon Martin proposed by the Zimmerman defenders?

Or taking a temporary suspension of a high school student from his school as a "proof that he was a thug!"

Is it still that super easy? Are all your answers consistent? Are you waiting for evidences that Trayvon was a thug and savagely (and without provocation) attacked Zimmerman with the intent to "make him wear diapers for the rest of his life?"

Quote Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
    YOU get it.
    Yes, he gets it. . .and I believe I got it too.

What I didn't agree with is what I read in your original statement that the whole case could have been a "set up" to experiment with and manipulate the reactions that this case would bring among different racial groups.

I totally agree that the reactions to this particular shooting and the outcry that followed CAN be looked at as a Rorschach test. . .but NOT that it was intentionally set up as one.

And, as with the real Rorschach test, one needs to look at more than ONE reaction to ONE aspect of this case to reach a conclusion. . .

i.e., It would seem that someone who looks at Zimmerman as "innocent until proven guilty" would have a pretty healthy sense of justice and a balanced approach. . .UNTIL you realize that that same person is eager to jump on the crowd of "Martin Demonizers" who insist in digging into the victim's short pass, emphasizing every bit of "not so nice" details they can get their imagination on, and condemn the victim to a reputation as a a "dangerous thug, a danger to society!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sadanie
    For example. . .what about the "demonization" of Trayvon Martin proposed by the Zimmerman defenders?
    Links please? Evidence?
    Otherwise all I can see is the “demonization” of those who have an opinion that is different from yours.

Or taking a temporary suspension of a high school student from his school as a "proof that he was a thug!"
    I was never suspended, where you? Where any of your friends? I never got into trouble in high school, nor was anyone I hung out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadanie
    Is it still that super easy? Are all your answers consistent? Are you waiting for evidences that Trayvon was a thug and savagely (and without provocation) attacked Zimmerman with the intent to "make him wear diapers for the rest of his life?"
    I would think that asking for evidence is consistent with deciding upon the guilt of someone. I prefer NOT to make logical leaps, and gross assumptions about something I did not witness nor have any evidence for one way or the other.

I am waiting for any evidence, so far it’s all hype and hearsay.
    Economic Left/Right: 4.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." Thomas Aquinas

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sadanie View Post
    Yes, he gets it. . .and I believe I got it too.

What I didn't agree with is what I read in your original statement that the whole case could have been a "set up" to experiment with and manipulate the reactions that this case would bring among different racial groups.

I totally agree that the reactions to this particular shooting and the outcry that followed CAN be looked at as a Rorschach test. . .but NOT that it was intentionally set up as one.

And, as with the real Rorschach test, one needs to look at more than ONE reaction to ONE aspect of this case to reach a conclusion. . .

i.e., It would seem that someone who looks at Zimmerman as "innocent until proven guilty" would have a pretty healthy sense of justice and a balanced approach. . .UNTIL you realize that that same person is eager to jump on the crowd of "Martin Demonizers" who insist in digging into the victim's short pass, emphasizing every bit of "not so nice" details they can get their imagination on, and condemn the victim to a reputation as a a "dangerous thug, a danger to society!"

You got it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Links please? Evidence?
    Otherwise all I can see is the “demonization” of those who have an opinion that is different from yours.
    You need "links?" Haven't you been following any of the threads? Why do you think some people have taken so much pleasure in digging into the kid's background, when OBVIOUSLY, the shooting had NOTHING to do with what he did or did not do prior to February 26 at 7:09 pm! Why do you think so many people are jumping on "teenager's comments in "my space" etc. . .and taking them as PROOF that this 17 year old was a "NO GOOD THUG?" Why do you think some people went as far as saying they were glad he was "pushing daisies" and that society was better off with his death?

I was never suspended, where you? Where any of your friends? I never got into trouble in high school, nor was anyone I hung out with.
    Yes, I was suspended. .for 3 days (and that's 45 years ago!) because I told the nun in chief in my Catholic boarding school that my dog wouldn't eat the crap they served us for dinner. And I would still say it today!
    And my son was suspended. . .and after high school, he became a Marine, and now, 20 years later, he is a faithful, caring husband, the father of two, and a successful businessman. . .in the REAL security field!
    If you think that kids don't get suspended from school these days, you are out of touch with reality!

I would think that asking for evidence is consistent with deciding upon the guilt of someone. I prefer NOT to make logical leaps, and gross assumptions about something I did not witness nor have any evidence for one way or the other.
    That is so much organic fertilizer! If we didn't ask for evidence, if we just swept every shooting under the rug because the shooter tells us it is "self-defense," we would NEVER have a case come to court, and a lot of killers would be roaming the street and practicing more of the "self-defense" killing, any time they "think" someone looks suspicious. Can't you see were this would give total way to much excess? What if I don't like the way you look. . .and I own a gun? What if I follow you and you turn around and ask me why I'm following you. . and you see that I'm holding a gun. . .and that I look at you in a "suspicious" or "aggressive way" and that you are disrespecting me. . .you may even strike out and try to hit me. . .so, there it is. . .self-defense. . .I shoot you and nothing more is said about it!

No. . ."innocent until proven guilty" doesn't mean one shouldn't look at evidence. . .in fact, if one doesn't look at evidences, how could ANYONE EVER be proven guilty?
    Duh!

I am waiting for any evidence, so far it’s all hype and hearsay.
    So. . NOW you're ALSO willing to look for evidences! But, if there had not been a public outcry. . .evidences would NEVER have been looked at!

All I have EVER Stated I wanted was a thorough investigation, and preferably a TRIAL BY JURY. Then I will be satisfied that there is a reasonable judgement being rendered.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sadanie View Post
    You need "links?" Haven't you been following any of the threads? Why do you think some people have taken so much pleasure in digging into the kid's background, when OBVIOUSLY, the shooting had NOTHING to do with what he did or did not do prior to February 26 at 7:09 pm! Why do you think so many people are jumping on "teenager's comments in "my space" etc. . .and taking them as PROOF that this 17 year old was a "NO GOOD THUG?" Why do you think some people went as far as saying they were glad he was "pushing daisies" and that society was better off with his death?
    Because it was a Roscharch Test to check our temperature as citizens to see if we would take sides, and by golly we did. some for good reason, some for kneejerk reactionary reasons. But we all took sides. So the Roscharch Test was a success.

Yes, I was suspended. .for 3 days (and that's 45 years ago!) because I told the nun in chief in my Catholic boarding school that my dog wouldn't eat the crap they served us for dinner. And I would still say it today!
    And my son was suspended. . .and after high school, he became a Marine, and now, 20 years later, he is a faithful, caring husband, the father of two, and a successful businessman. . .in the REAL security field!
    If you think that kids don't get suspended from school these days, you are out of touch with reality!
    I too was suspended back in high school for fighting and skipping a class that I hated. I got 5 days total, 3 for fighting, 2 for skipping. Since those days, I've become a successful busniessman who owns his house and rents 2 others. But judging by RosePop's and Dan40's analysis that all black kids are thugs for life since they did some dirt in the past, I suppose to be on deathrow right now...That's the blantant ignorance we have to fight against daily as Black people. So by them demonizing Trayvon as a drug kingpin in training from day one, it's soiled the investigation. Twisted mindstates indeed.

That is so much organic fertilizer! If we didn't ask for evidence, if we just swept every shooting under the rug because the shooter tells us it is "self-defense," we would NEVER have a case come to court, and a lot of killers would be roaming the street and practicing more of the "self-defense" killing, any time they "think" someone looks suspicious. Can't you see were this would give total way to much excess? What if I don't like the way you look. . .and I own a gun? What if I follow you and you turn around and ask me why I'm following you. . and you see that I'm holding a gun. . .and that I look at you in a "suspicious" or "aggressive way" and that you are disrespecting me. . .you may even strike out and try to hit me. . .so, there it is. . .self-defense. . .I shoot you and nothing more is said about it!

No. . ."innocent until proven guilty" doesn't mean one shouldn't look at evidence. . .in fact, if one doesn't look at evidences, how could ANYONE EVER be proven guilty?
    Duh!

So. . NOW you're ALSO willing to look for evidences! But, if there had not been a public outcry. . .evidences would NEVER have been looked at!

All I have EVER Stated I wanted was a thorough investigation, and preferably a TRIAL BY JURY. Then I will be satisfied that there is a reasonable judgement being rendered.

Amen!

and the irony of this case is.....Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty....but Trayvon was already guilty and his murder was his judgement by the innocent until proven guilty Zimmerman
    Last edited by 4Horsemen; May 02 2012 at 05:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123