Nobody Cares, thats why you are at the bottom

Discussion in 'Veterans' started by Drago, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Drago

Drago Well-Known Member

Of course, I don't believe this. My father came from Vietnam after being drafted and served his time. This goes out to all the (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)s that have no (*)(*)(*)(*)ing clue what war is like or about, but still have their (*)(*)(*)(*) right to spout it out. I love and respect all military because nobody knows what it has been for them or afterwards.

2. raymondo

raymondo Banned

It seems as though you miss the distinction between people's feelings about those involved in active service , and some of those that make military decisions within the armed forces , and politicians who dictate strategy constraints .
    Few do not have sympathy and respect for those on the " front line" , though we still use troops who volunteered in the first place -- it was their choice .

3. Drago

Drago Well-Known Member

You are wrong, flat out, wrong.

4. raymondo

raymondo Banned

This is conceivable because it did happen once before in '86 , I believe .
    But tell me why .

5. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

I know a lot of veterans who are not at the bottom. They did their time in the military, came out, and went on with life.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

Actually, you might be surprised.

Living near the San Francisco Bay Area, I know what it is like to live in "hostile territory". And it is not unusual for me to get rude gestures, dirty looks, or just ignorant individuals spouting things at me because I am in uniform, or wearing clothing that distinctly identifies me as being military.

Yes, joining the military was my choice. And that is exactly it, it was my choice, nobody elses. And one thing I hate is when some patronizing SOB tries to tell me why I did it (I was mystified, I am a tool of the Capitolists/big business/Republicans/etc). I do not go around questioning the choices others make in their careers, so what gives some moron the idea that they have the right to question my choice of career?

7. gorte

gorte Banned

the military is a bunch of grossly overpaid jerks and fools, that's what they ARE. we have no business having troops anywhere but inside of our borders, other than a few submariners prowling the ociean, ready to launch ultralights full of Seals, or missles/torpedoes at proven dangerous enemies.

8. tkolter

tkolter Well-Known Member

My view they volunteered and soldiering (whichever branch) is their profession and they took with that the risks of that profession, with modern equipment and advanced medical care their odds of dying are low in the main but disability is not. But in return we as a society should be sure they are cycled out of combat enough and have the needed mental health and other support to not break them and take care of their families with good pay and benefits. Sending soldier back to war over and over is cruel and a waste of manpower as they lose their ability to function in some cases,

But we refuse to take care of those that defend us by using them wisely and for proper reasons for me that is self-defense of the nations soil, protecting citizens abroad and humanitarian missions to nations after natural calamities if they ask us.

9. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

Wrong.

Many volunteered for the "National Guard," which is supposed to be for serving in-country except for very exceptional emergency services, and have found themselves routinely deployed abroad.

Additionally, all of those who attained officer status are now trapped in the military whether they want out or even already got out or not.

There is a "backdoor draft" going on which is destroying countless lives and military families.