+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: PF error messages and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer Joe View Post
    I can't see my most recent posts anymore.
    When I go to view my forum posts, what comes up is a random assortment of older posts and it changes from day to day.
    I am no longer able to check my recent posts list because it's corrupted.
    Someone previously mentioned the following.
    Go to settings.
    to the left of the subscribed thread
    click on (blue down arrows)
    that should bring you to your last post in the thread

Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by RevAnarchist View Post
    I feel so bad for the mods that have unselfishly worked themselves to death on this thing. My hat is off to you guys. I dont see how this can happen really, well I do but everyone insists a hacker ain't it. All the things that are going on seems to be contrived, and like it has a life of its own. The way I see it is that the old PF was slowing and then getting weird. So the Admin goes to another format/server whatever. A fresh page so to speak. Guess what? The new forum begins getting slower and truly weird things going on. And the PF4 is pretty fast, I like it!

AnywayI was reading all the things that are wrong and have had some of the same issues and more. I rarely use the search function so I cant comment on it, but have had posts disappear while I was writing them never to be seen again, even looking back forward then in the history tab my work my post IS GONE! And not being to upload an avatar has expanded to additional weirdness. I was going to PM one of the mods but I am so tired of trying to commincuate all that is wrong with it. Then I think...why complain? Everyone is doing what they can. I am afraid that we are going to lose our forum, that is why I sometimes write and dump my concerns. Its not to be malicious or to make a bad situation worse.

All I can say is good luck to the staff that is working on the problem. Oh one more thing. Is the diagnostics available? My TI friend tells me he would have a look at them.

reva
    Please do report errors and issues here. Its what this thread is for.
    Short and precise, and one of the staff members will notify the forum owner.

Wag more, bark less

3. Default

Why when I ask to see my latest posts - does the result show my latest as from three days ago, even though I have posted loads since then?

And it does it for other people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Why when I ask to see my latest posts - does the result show my latest as from three days ago, even though I have posted loads since then?

And it does it for other people as well.
    Simply because there seems to be a glitch with the automated update. It will be fixed.
    Thanks

Wag more, bark less

usa us colorado
    bestpost
    My Latest Mood: Grumpy

When I go to view my forum posts, what comes up is a random assortment of older posts and it changes from day to day.
    Same thing has happened to me, too, Joe. At first I thought that the disappearance of my posts and threads was, un, "political". But if it's happening to you also then it is probably happening to all of us. You and I are on completely different ends of the political spectrum, so it must just be lousy database management and not anything else.

Parenthetically, the site is often as slow as ever... it took almost five minutes for it to process this post. I wonder, does the Forum still use a "Palm Pilot"-level technology for its server?
    Last edited by Pollycy; Apr 26 2012 at 04:27 AM.
    Yes, Ebola CAN be spread through the air! . Read: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1997182/

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dixon76710 View Post
    Just did an advanced search on my posts. 4/20 was the most resent post displayed although Ive posted several posts since then.
    Well, weve gone from a 4 day lag to a one day. Still missing the only post I usually search for. My most recent posts

7. Default

"view my forum posts"???? Can somebody point to where that feature is?

8. Default

"view my forum posts"???? Can somebody point to where that feature is?
    By clicking on 'Settings' next to 'Log Out', you can view a list of your subscribed threads with new posts. Subscribed threads are threads you have posted to recently.

Well, weve gone from a 4 day lag to a one day. Still missing the only post I usually search for. My most recent posts
    http://www.politicalforum.com/forum-...post1061155410

Wag more, bark less

israel us tennessee
    My Latest Mood: Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmouthwoman View Post
    Long story short... it doesn't work anymore. Neither does Top Poster, Top Rep List, Hottest Threads, Welcome our Newest Member, Members Online or Most Viewed Threads.

Progress, eh?
    Neither does the 'profile pic' the 'avatar upload' or others that I am too tired of mentioning. And it took quite a while to get from edit to here with this post. Really despite the best efforts of the hard working Mods, and I do emphasize with them, this place is still quite a mess. I am looking for an alternate default site to post at since the new thread creation is still disabled on PF4 despite this forum being a ghost of its former self.

reva
    Last edited by RevAnarchist; Apr 28 2012 at 02:25 AM.
    ABOTC CHURCH SPONSORED MILITIA FORMING. MEMBERSHIP IS INVITATION ONLY. HOWEVER SOON OPEN TO ALL CHRISTIANS. WE DEFEND AGAINST R-ISLAM CRIMINALS AND OTHER ANTICHRISTIAN SLAYERS OF INNOCENTS.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast