Bad receptions, fumbled vows, drunken ramblings, dropped cakes, and other wedding fun

Discussion in 'Other Off-Topic Chat' started by Jarlaxle, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Banned

My friend's e-mail rant about the wedding he is going to (his brother) got me thinking...there MUST be people here with good (or bad) wedding stories. So...post 'em!

2. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Banned

My wedding was small...5 people at the actual ceremony (us, our best friends, and the judge that married us), 35-50 at the reception. We had no major disasters, though incorrect math resulted in the best man & the maid of honor having to run to the supermarket when we realized we would run out of ice otherwise. (Good save!) There was the usual spilled drinks, dropped food...and someone made her father laugh and caused the poor guy to spray Sam Adams lager out his nose. Nothing too exciting.

Only things unusual were the vows. Mine were standard ("love, respect, honor, & cherish"), as were hers...but she added something to them. It was: "To the man that I love, the one who saved my soul, I give to you my thanks and I pledge to you my life."

The inscription in my wedding band is "You saved my soul. E.A.M." (The inscription in hers reads "My reason for living. J.G.F.")