Question on ignore button.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Community Discussions' started by Nunya D., Apr 24, 2012.

1. Nunya D.

Nunya D. Well-Known Member

When you put a member on ignore, does this prevent them from seeing the ignorer's post, or only prevents the ignorer from seeing the ignoree's post. Most systems seem to do the latter, and it seems backwards to me.

If someone is belligerent enough to cause someone to put them on ignore, they shouldn't be able to read the posts of the one that put them on ignore and therefore would be unable to respond. If they are belligerent enough to have multiple people put them on ignore, then eventually they would no longer have anything to comment on as all they would see is "member is ignoring you" or something of that nature. With this method, the ignoree would know that they are being ignored and would be ostracized if their bad behavior is persistent.

If the system works as I think it does, where the ignorer is unable to see the ignoree's posts, all this is doing is punishing the one doing the ignoring. Then when someone quotes the ignoree, it completely defeats the system.

2. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

If you put someone on ignore, you cannot see their posts. They can still read and respond to yours, though.

3. philxx

philxx New Member

If you use ignore you are a political coward and shouldn't be here ,i reckon .hey maka do you think some ignore me?

4. CanadianEye

CanadianEye Well-Known Member Past Donor

I was wondering how that would work, in theory and practice.

Nunya has me on ignore. I type a response to Nunya post, and receive a prompt:

A) This person has you on ignore. They will not see your post, unless they unclick their ignore feature.

B) This person has you on ignore. You are not able to post directly to them unless they remove you from ignore.

C) I post away with no prompts, my post comes out:

1 - The usual little message box advising Nunya, and giving the option to unignore to read, and the post is there for myself and others to read.

2 - As a blank message space, that cannot be seen by Nunya, is seen by others, but cannot be used in quote, to afford Nunya true ignoring.

3- As a blank message space, that cannot be seen by Nunya, is seen by others, and can be used in quotes, if any member has selected in their personal options (should it be capable of implementing), a choice selection box, offering, No, I don't want to see quoted portions from people I have on ignore (should it be capable of implementing)

Now, after that little exercise, I understand what would happen. We would receive the prompt of being ignored (or find out by blank spaces etc rather quickly) and simply do messages in the quick post box....with an @Nunya or To: Nunya, circumventing this type of reverse ignore feature of what currently exists.

5. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

I'm starting to have a problem with another poster...

... where exactly is the ignore button?

Thank you.

6. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Found it...

... but when I do a title search...

... it eliminates everyone but the person I put on ignore.
    :omg: