+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We could use more buttons

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmouthwoman View Post
    How 'bout a "WTF is taking so long" button?
    *grin*

...or a "The Political Forum database has encountered a problem" button?!

Like I said... the only new members I've brought here are the handful who joined with me. It's a bogus 'award'. I'd much rather receive reps for my work than rewards for taking up space.

How 'bout a "WTF is taking so long" button?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    Someone that was referred to the site by you.
    Suppose I could get a list of those folks?

No idea if you even can. You don't even have to actually recommend the site to them, just mention it. If they visit this site because of you, they put your name in that box.
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

"The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

THINGS THAT STILL DON'T WORK OR WORK RIGHT:

RECENT POSTS ARE WAY BEHIND BEING UP TO DATE
    SAME WITH RECENT THREADS
    PERMALINKS DON'T WORK
    SEARCH AND ADVANCE SEARCH DON'T WORK

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put some pressure on admin to get these things working properly. It's very difficult to participate this way.
    Sometimes I can't find my own darn threads.

One more thing, reported posts are not dealt with for long periods of time or not at all.
    I'm seeing metaposts, personal attacks, baiting and flaming increased and not dealt with. I know it's a thankless job, but I'm asking politely that you all get more help or whatever.

Last edited by Trinnity; Apr 26 2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Civil debate is expected.
    Fair warning: trolling and personal attacks will get you nowhere, and I will report you

The problem with viewing recent posts and threads is being worked on. We know about the search and that is being fixed as well. I thought permalinks worked, but perhaps not. Oh well, the Admin will have it sorted. Y'all need to remember that she does have a life, probably a job, and has only a few hours a day to work on this forum.
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

"The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

Suppose I could get a list of those folks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    No idea if you even can. You don't even have to actually recommend the site to them, just mention it. If they visit this site because of you, they put your name in that box.
    If they put my name in that box... there must be a record, right?

I NEVER refer anyone to this forum in r/l or online because I have no interest in sharing my addiction w/family & friends. If that's what the 'award' is based on... it's bogus. Or at the very least, misnamed.

While I appreciate the effort, it just adds to the vision I have of this whole 'upgrade' experience. Where it stops, nobody knows!!!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    The "referrer" thing is fairly important, it's thanks for bringing new members into the forum. Not that this forum needs new members.
    she's the one that dragged me here-it's all her fault!
    What you have whispered to someone behind closed doors will be shouted from the rooftops.
    Do you want to live in Flint or Detroit but don't want the hassle of relocating? Keep voting for Democrats, and they will move to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezila View Post
    she's the one that dragged me here-it's all her fault!
    Now darlin, you know I'm never gonna run off without dragging you along and I fully expect the same from you! If you vanished, I'd have to come up there and find you!

Do you remember typing in my name as 'referrer' when you signed up, Mikey?

9. Default

Now darlin, you know I'm never gonna run off without dragging you along and I fully expect the same from you! If you vanished, I'd have to come up there and find you!

Do you remember typing in my name as 'referrer' when you signed up, Mikey?

i remember it well-it's the only time i've ever done it.
    What you have whispered to someone behind closed doors will be shouted from the rooftops.
    Do you want to live in Flint or Detroit but don't want the hassle of relocating? Keep voting for Democrats, and they will move to you.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12