+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Inside the NSA's Largest and Most Expansive Secret Domestic Spy Center

  1. Default Inside the NSA's Largest and Most Expansive Secret Domestic Spy Center

    The Obama administration revived the Total Information Awareness Program.



    Wired Magazine: The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)

    A new exposť in Wired Magazine reveals details about how the National Security Agency is quietly building the largest spy center in the country in Bluffdale, Utah, as part of a secret NSA surveillance program code-named "Stellar Wind." We speak with investigative reporter James Bamford who says the NSA has established listening posts throughout the nation to collect and sift through billions of email messages and phone calls, whether they originate within the country or overseas. The Utah spy center will contain near-bottomless databases to store all forms of communication collected by the agency. This includes the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails — parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases and other digital "pocket litter."

    "The NSA has constantly denied that they're doing things and then it turns out they are doing things," Bamford says in response to NSA Director General Keith Alexander's denial yesterday that the U.S. citizens' phone calls and emails are being intercepted. "A few years ago, President Bush said before a camera that the United States is not eavesdropping on anybody without a warrant. And then it turns out that we had this exposure to all of the warrantless eavesdropping in the New York Times article. You have this constant denial in terms and parsing of words."

    http://www.democracynow.org/2012/3/2...as_largest_and
    Last edited by Horhey; Apr 27 2012 at 02:51 PM.
    "As long as politics is the shadow cast on society by big business, the attenuation of the shadow will not change the substance".

    --John Dewey

  2. #2

    Default

    It never ceases to amaze me. Thank you, Horhey.
    Last edited by Jango; May 04 2012 at 12:06 AM.

  3. Default

    Who cares? I certainly don't.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Who cares? I certainly don't.
    I'd say anyone who gives a (*)(*)(*)(*), clearly you don't. I don't want to be monitored. I don't do anything wrong so why should I have my personal communications stored and monitored by the government? I don't see how people are alright with this.
    If you support domestic spying, the extrajudicial killing of US citizens, the PATRIOT Act, the TSA, our overly militaristic foreign policy, and the militarization of our police, then you are a bigger threat to our freedom and our way of life than the terrorists that these measures were originally created for.

    We don't live in a vacuum, things happen for a reason. Find the reason, find the solution, ignore the reason, continue the problem.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Fing ID View Post
    I'd say anyone who gives a (*)(*)(*)(*), clearly you don't. I don't want to be monitored. I don't do anything wrong so why should I have my personal communications stored and monitored by the government? I don't see how people are alright with this.
    If your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, anything that enhances security and prevents a terrorist or anarchist attack is fine with me.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    If your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, anything that enhances security and prevents a terrorist or anarchist attack is fine with me.
    It's unlikely to prevent anything. If having a camera in my room would give me a 0.00001% chance of not being killed by a terrorists, I wouldn't' have the camera. It's pointless and is more likely to be used against me than to help me. My personal business is not the business of the government.
    If you support domestic spying, the extrajudicial killing of US citizens, the PATRIOT Act, the TSA, our overly militaristic foreign policy, and the militarization of our police, then you are a bigger threat to our freedom and our way of life than the terrorists that these measures were originally created for.

    We don't live in a vacuum, things happen for a reason. Find the reason, find the solution, ignore the reason, continue the problem.

  7. #7
    england us georgia
    Location: Brighton , UK
    Posts: 4,298
    Blog Entries: 2

    Default

    Well said , Jason .
    I can't believe Fing's response .
    His argument is fatuous , as exampled . The criterion for the usefulness and acceptability of seeing and hearing devices can be sensibly debated . But only Fing is concerned with a lunatic 0.00001 example .
    Everybody on the planet would agree to that .
    But that is not what needs debate .imo

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Fing ID View Post
    It's unlikely to prevent anything.
    Phone intercepts led to Bin Laden being killed. They work.

    Quote Originally Posted by My Fing ID View Post
    If having a camera in my room would give me a 0.00001% chance of not being killed by a terrorists, I wouldn't' have the camera. It's pointless and is more likely to be used against me than to help me.
    You have no proof of that. A camera led to the arrest of the Times Square bombing suspect.

    Quote Originally Posted by My Fing ID View Post
    My personal business is not the business of the government.
    It is if you're a terrorist or anarchist. If not, no harm done.
    Last edited by Jason Bourne; May 04 2012 at 01:55 AM.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    If your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, anything that enhances security and prevents a terrorist or anarchist attack is fine with me.
    The government is tracking my Google searches and looking through my emails and you say there's nothing wrong with that. What a good soldier you are. You think these are the only fascistic measures bing carried out or planned by the state? There is other tyrannical legislation that synergies with the domestic spying program. The natural impulse of any government is to incease it's power. You think they're gonna stop there? This is part of a larger scheme to establish a national security state. Little by little. Inch by inch. We slide further and further towards hard fascism. That's how it's done. By the time most people realize it, it's too late.
    Last edited by Horhey; May 04 2012 at 02:41 AM.
    "As long as politics is the shadow cast on society by big business, the attenuation of the shadow will not change the substance".

    --John Dewey

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horhey View Post
    The government is tracking my Google searches and looking through my emails and you say there's nothing wrong with that. What a good soldier you are. You think these are the only fascistic measures bing carried out or planned by the state? There is other tyrannical legislation that synergies with the domestic spying program. The natural impulse of any government is to incease it's power. You think they're gonna stop there? This is part of a larger scheme to establish a national security state. Little by little. Inch by inch. We slide further and further towards hard fascism. That's how it's done. By the time most people realize it, it's too late.
    Hey, if the government wants to waste their time looking at my searches and emails, have at it and enjoy yourselves.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 513
    Last Post: Jan 31 2012, 03:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks