All Liberal Chiristians are False Teachers

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Greataxe, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

"If you love me you will obey my commands." This passage in John 14:15 dosen't get much airtime in progressive Christian movement. These pseudo-Christians, like so many in the faith, take only what interests them in the Bible and what is supportive of their agenda, and ignore or explain away the rest. Feel-good passages that call to love one another and to forgive are not the end-all, be-all commands of Jesus.

So many in the faith are confused by ceremonial laws and customs in the Bible: don't eat this, dress this way or worship this way, etc. These laws are not important for relevant Christians. What is important are the moral laws of the Bible. The Ten Commandmants, moral laws against homosexuality, beastiality, rape and so on as found in the the first five books in the Bible. Jesus was even more restrictive on divorce than the laws of the OT (old testament). Even though Christ didn't directly say not to have same-sex relations or partake in beastiality, these acts were so perverse that the people of the day did not have a problem with these perversions, and there was no pressing need to reiterate them.

The "new covenent," some liberals say, calls for them only to believe in Jesus, and then do whatever they want. Jesus was firm on the OT "law." False believers will be judged on their actions. Jesus said in Matt 7:23 "But I will reply, I never knew you, Get away from me you who break God's laws." Anyone who supports the gay lifestyle is not a follower of Christ any more than someone who supports beastiality or rape.

Can anyone show in the Bible where God changes even one of his moral laws? Anyone?

2. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

If you believe that anyone who condones divorce is not a follower of Christ then I would at least agree that you are consistant. Well I like your rationalization on why Jesus spoke against divorce but never said one word against homosexuality, or abortion.

leviticus 24:19-24:1919Anyone who maims another shall suffer the same injury in return:

Jesus of Nazareth: "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles."[19]

Personally, I think Jesus would be offended by most modern Christians- I find most modern Christians- like yourself- rationalize which of the old testament laws should apply and which should not- and ignore what Jesus actually said. Jesus was equally offended by any adultery, whether homosexual or heterosexual- Jesus is pretty clear that the offense is adultery- not who you sin with.

3. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

Soooooo... if god does not change his rules, do we kill unruley children? Pay the rape victims father? Kill the unbelievers?

LOL

Yeah, perhaps you should focus on the NT to avoid contradicting yourself.

4. stig42

stig42 New Member

"If you love me you will obey my commands

that seems wrong

5. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

6. KSigMason

KSigMason Banned at Members Request Past Donor

IMO, too many zealous and fundamentalist Christians today have taken the Christ out of Christianity, and have implemented their own version puritanical/Victorian religious beliefs into the Christian faith.

7. Anobsitar

Anobsitar Banned

First: Everyone is only able to take from the bible what someone's able to understand and not what he's not able to understand. The bible are thousands of years of history and thousands of authors - and this authors made also mistakes like everyone else. So everyone needs also the Holy Spirit who likes to understand the unalienable natural laws given from god to everyone. No understanding without god.

So let me ask you: Are everywhere flashes all around you - darkness, rain, fog and pain ... ¿No? ... Then I guess he did not change the moral laws like you are doing if you call all homosexuals beasts and rapers by misinterpreting the laws of the Lord and misusing a text of the bible.

----- to remember:

'Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. 'Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognise them. Do people pick grapes from thorn-bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognise them.
    'Not everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only those who do the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?” Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!”
    http://youtu.be/_JJx_NkT2N4

-----

8. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

9. stig42

stig42 New Member

or it could be nice to have sex with some 1 and not throw away fredom by marrying them

10. Tarheeler

Tarheeler Active Member Past Donor

How is that any different than the cherry picking you are accusing "liberal" Christians of being guilty of?

If Jesus was, in fact, "very firm on OT law", aren't you contradicting his teachings with your post?

11. Greataxe

Yes it is so easy to become confused with the scores of laws in the Bible. There are all the commands of Jesus, plus all of the OT laws, many that he refers to again and again. There are the moral laws---especially the 10 commandments placed in the ark, those that say what is morally right and wrong----then all the other ceremonial laws written down in books with the myriad Jewish rules and regulations for priests, eating, drinking, worshiping, etc.

As Paul said in Colossian 2 :14-16, Christians are no longer bound to all these ordinances. But anyway, you can ask any evalgelical expert, by that I mean a real expert, and not someone on Oprah, and they will say the same thing. You can also look in Rom 14:5 and Gal 4:9-10.

12. Greataxe

Complain to God about it. If there is something you don't agree with in the Bible, you may as well blot it out.

Might try reading Matthew 5:17--- when Jesus said, "I came not to destroy the law (he is talking about the OT moral laws), but to fulfill them."

13. Greataxe

Complain to God about it. If there is something you don't agree with in the Bible, you may as well blot it out.

Might try reading Matthew 5:17--- when Jesus said, "I came not to destroy the law (he is talking about the OT moral laws), but to fulfill them."

14. Tarheeler

Tarheeler Active Member Past Donor

So Jesus says you must follow the laws, and Paul says you don't.

Who's teaching to you follow?

And you didn't answer how what you are doing is different from what the "liberal" Christians are doing.

15. Wolverine

The Ten Commandments makes no mention of rape...... sooooo.... is it moral or immoral?

Can you please address my post?

16. KSigMason

KSigMason Banned at Members Request Past Donor

I do and often...that is complain to God. I just hope karma bites all the haters in the ass and God punts them from them Pearly Gates into Hell.

You might try reading John 13:34-35.

17. Wolverine

There isn't enough hellfire in John 13. Too inclusive for some.

18. Daggdag

Daggdag Well-Known Member

Jesus never spoke against divorce. He spoke against unjustified divorce. He believed, just as the old testament says, that if a spouse breaks their wedding vows, a divorce is justified.

19. stig42

stig42 New Member

it may be all forms of christianity are some what false even if any perfectly mached what jesus belived

20. Greataxe

When Jesus is preaching he is talking primarily to Jews, from his own area, that "already know what the laws are from childhood." He did not dwell on being a good Jew by doing all the legalistic and ceremonial acts from the OT. He talked most about salvation and proper moral behavior.

Paul is talking in the NT to Jews and Gentiles from Rome and Greece. They were never, or ever expected to do all the ceremonial acts and have the food restictions. The moral laws, again, and again Paul said were relevant.

Most liberal pseudo-Christians think none of the moral laws are relevant. Not me.

21. gophangover

gophangover Well-Known Member

Jesus IS a liberal. You're in a lot of trouble, you just slapped God in the face.

22. Greataxe

23. Greataxe

John 13:34

That's a "new" commandment, not the "only" commandment. scroll up ---something about needing to obey my commandments (that's plural).

24. Greataxe

Jesus was a capitalist. Read the parable about the servants investing the money to gain interest. Matt 25:14-30. Jesus also supported capital punishment.

Liberals and Marxists who say they are Christians are deluded.

25. Greataxe

Jesus was a capitalist. Read the parable about the servants investing the money to gain interest. Matt 25:14-30. Jesus also supported capital punishment.

Liberals and Marxists who say they are Christians are deluded.