Chris Matthews Gets into the Purple Kool-Aid Cabinet Again

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DonGlock26, May 1, 2012.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

Matthews: "So Proud" Of Obama Addressing Troops In Afghanistan

Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC's "Hardball," raved about a speech President Obama made to American troops during his surprise visit to Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.

"I imagine being a soldier over there -- this is what you want to hear," Matthews said, as if he was wearing military fatigues.

Matthews also likened the leadership of President Obama to that of Henry V of England.

"It was right out of Henry V actually, a touch of Barry, in this case, in the night for those soldiers risking their lives over there," Matthews said.

"Well that's great stuff. I was so proud of the President there, I must say. This has nothing to do with partisanship; this is the Commander-in-Chief meeting with the troops," Chris Matthews gushed on his program today.

Matthews continued to express his admiration for Obama, who was in Afghanistan to mark the first anniversary of Osama bin Laden's death.

"Congressman [Jim] Moran (D-VA), I was so proud of him there because I imagine being a soldier over there [and] this is what you want to hear. The troops are backed up by the people at home and there you have your Commander-in-Chief there with you personally. It's great stuff," Matthews raved.

Rep. Moran also had strong praise for Obama, noting he was acting in a way that the Commander-in-Chief "should act" rather than "just by claiming to be" one. Moran said the speech "was not politics" and Obama has not made and will not make this a campaign issue.

"He is our Commander-in-Chief and not just by claiming to be, but by acting as a Commander-in-Chief should act. This was a Commander-in-Chief's speech. It was not political. It was motivational; it was just exactly what the troops needed to hear and [just] as important, what their families need to hear back home," Moran said.

"And instead of gloating over the killing of bin Laden a year ago, this is exactly where he should be and doing what he should be doing. Now in terms of responding to the concern of this war, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't accelerate the troop withdrawal. It's not going to happen before the election and it's going to happen only as he can responsibly withdrawal our troops," Moran continued.

"You're not going to hear much about this issue because I don't see where he's left any room on the left or the right for it to be a campaign issue, Chris," Moran concluded.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._obama_speaking_to_troops_in_afghanistan.html

Video at above link:

Ah, Chris, Henry V was a king and a soldier. He actually stood on a battlefield. Obama was a community organizer.

_

2. James Cessna

James Cessna New Member

Every time I hear Chris Matthews speak on MSNBC, he sounds "punch drunk".

3. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sad truly sad.The lenghts to which a once proud blue collar democrat will
    go in order to show adoration over a Marxist in sheeps clothing.
    I just lost my audio feed to - Hannity -. No other channel was effected.
    I think part of the Media Blackout is taking place.
    Michael Savage said last week that a credible inside source he has told him to
    watch out.That this White House was up to something to eliminate Talk Radio.
    James Clyburn has a daughter who is in some FCC higher up capacity.

4. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

"This has nothing to do with partisanship; this is the Commander-in-Chief meeting with the troops"

LO (*)(*)(*)(*)ing L!!!

Refresh me, Chris....I can't remember such gushing, knob slobbing commentary slipping from your lubricated lips during any of Bush's MANY visits with the troops.

That lefties support that idiot's show enough to keep him on the air....
    speaks to ONE thing.

They're idiots themselves.

5. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

I wonder if Mathews leg is tingling again.

You guys do realize Mathews is an overt partisan, not an honest broker of information. He got his start writing speeches for Tip O'Niell.

He may as well be on Soros' payroll.

6. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Matthews has no credibility in the journalistic world anymore and hasn't for awhile. I think he's actually making this a bigger deal than it is since he doesn't have much to praise Obama for.

So the guy met the troops, as many other Presidents have done, and running this OBL issue into the ground. Nobody thinks that killing OBL will override the economy or lack of jobs but its all they got I guess.

7. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

What he says has a lot to do with Mathews' stink-o ratings.

The audience sees through him.

8. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

Remind me again. In which branch of the military did this "expert" in what the troops want to hear from the Marixst in charge serve?

9. puffin

puffin Banned

Matthews is simply another member of the "conga-line of morons" at MSNBC. Even MSNBC wouldn't let Matthews or Olberman do the election night coverage. One of these days the newly replaced CEO of MSNBC will tear up Matthews contract. The question is then what sewer pit will Matthews be found floating in? (metaphorically speaking)

10. puffin

puffin Banned

In the spirit of historical correctness it wasn't "Kool Aid" Jones made his loonies drink. I know what it actually was but if you all want to know go found out for yourselves. LOL