Old George Zimmerman MySpace page surfaces with apparent disparaging ethnic comments

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Margot, May 2, 2012.

1. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Be careful what you write on social media.. It my come back to haunt you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/old-g...nic-comments/2012/05/02/gIQA9pMqwT_print.html
    Old George Zimmerman MySpace page surfaces with apparent disparaging ethnic comments

By Associated Press, Updated: Wednesday, May 2, 1:18 PM
    MIAMI — On an old, long-unused MySpace page, Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman made some disparaging comments about Mexicans and also referred triumphantly to his escape from 2005 legal troubles stemming from his confrontation with law enforcement officers.

The 2005-dated page, confirmed as authentic Wednesday by Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara, also mentions a 7-year-old domestic violence incident between Zimmerman and a former girlfriend, and the page includes several photos.

Zimmerman, 28, is charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting of the 17-year-old Martin in the central Florida city of Sanford. The case has sparked racial tensions around the country because Martin, who was unarmed, was black, while Zimmerman has a white father and Hispanic mother. Martin’s family and supporters claim he was a victim of racial profiling

Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer in the community where Martin was shot, has claimed Martin attacked him and that he fired only in self-defense.

On the MySpace paged called “onlytobeakingagain,” Zimmerman uses the name “Joe G” and discusses leaving his hometown of Manassas, Va., and how much he misses his friends. Then he veers into a slang-filled riff — with many words misspelled — involving Mexicans who lived in the area.

“I don’t miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft (expletive) wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) don’t make you a man in my book,” Zimmerman writes on the page.

“Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!” he adds, providing no details about these alleged incidents. The existence of the MySpace page was first reported by The Miami Herald.

Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said Wednesday that prosecutors could use Zimmerman’s MySpace comments against him.

“It’s not just speculation and innuendo. He has a history and a habit of profiling people,” Crump said. “He thinks certain things about certain racial groups.”

A statement posted on a Zimmerman defense site run by O’Mara concedes that the comments “will cast Mr. Zimmerman in a less-than-favorable light” and that they could become evidence in the case. The statement says there will be no comment on the MySpace statements for that reason, but it does confirm that the posts were by Zimmerman.

O’Mara also said on the website that an accountant and former Internal Revenue Service agent has been chosen to oversee Zimmerman’s legal defense fund, which has collected more than $200,000 so far. The fund will be used to pay legal fees and for Zimmerman’s living expenses.

Two August 2005 blog posts on the site make reference to Zimmerman’s legal problems. In one, Zimmerman exults about how two felony charges stemming from a physical altercation outside a bar with a law enforcement officer were dropped to a misdemeanor.

“The man knows he was wrong,” reads part of the post. Ultimately, the misdemeanor charge was also dropped when Zimmerman completed a pretrial diversion program that included an anger management course.

The second post mentions a legal battle with an “ex-hoe,” likely a reference to a 2005 incident in which a girlfriend accused Zimmerman of attacking her. He was not charged in that case, and on the blog post Zimmerman writes that the woman “tried her hardest, but the judge saw through it!”

Zimmerman’s wife testified during his bail hearing last month that her husband told her he was actually defending himself in that incident, not the other way around.

Crump, however, said Zimmerman’s comments about the legal issues are telling.

“You think you can always get away with stuff,” Crump said. “Every time I go to court, I win. I beat it.”

The social media world has been a key aspect of the Martin case. It was via such sites as Twitter and Facebook that discussion and outrage began to build nationally because police did not initially arrest Zimmerman, citing Florida’s “stand your ground” self-defense law as the reason.

It has also played a part in the public images of both Martin and Zimmerman. On a former Facebook page of Martin’s, for example, some critics of how the teenager has been portrayed noted possible references to marijuana use. Martin was in Sanford with his father because he had been suspended from his Miami school over discovery of a plastic baggie containing marijuana residue.

The statement on the Zimmerman defense website says that scrutinizing the MySpace postings “invites scrutiny of the social medial accounts of all parties involved.”

2. mdrobster

mdrobster Well-Known Member

This will not help his defense.

For everyone, whatever you post, can be used against you in the future.

3. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

So now he is a White Hispanic Black Jewish guy that doesnt like Mexicans and profiles black people? Its giving me a headache.

4. Margot

LOLOLOL.. I know what you mean.

5. Margot

Basically it tells me he's a rat who has gamed the system.

That's why he didn't finish school.. couldn't hold a job and was having his wages garnished.

6. mdrobster

No he is Joe Zimmerman, a man charged with a felony, that had a web page, that identifies his character as being anti Mexican.

If this is giving you a headache, I suggest you avoid such discussions.

7. RosePop

RosePop Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hes a brutha, he can say whatever he wants. Wait till they show Trayvons myspace at 12, that will be fun!

8. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

Which was affirmed the day we found out he was a registered Democrat. Oxymorons FTW!

9. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

LOL! Read my mind.

Jews are well known self-deprecators, and nobody cares. Why can't Mexicans do the same thing?

Oh wait, was OP still under the delusion that Zimmerman was white?

10. paco

paco New Member

So a "white Hispanic" can't talk smack about his own people, yet hoodrat thug negros like Trayvon the Dead Donut can use the N-word against their own kind all they want? I saw nothing "disparaging" about those remarks anyway, unless "Mexican" is now the new N-word?

11. mdrobster

I don't speak for Joe Zimmerman and I am not the type to read to much into this other than it will be used against him in the courts during his trial.

Why he didn't finish school, etc., an etc., only Joe Zimmerman can answer. I would speculate he seems a bit misguided about other non US citizens, that seems fairly clear from the article.

12. Wingless

Wingless New Member

So he’s a Hispanic man who hates other Hispanics? That shouldn’t affect his case much as long as they don’t find him saying anything derogatory about blacks.

That’s the general way of things… it isn’t looked down upon for someone of a specific race to speak disparagingly about their own race.

13. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

George........

14. mdrobster

You're right my mistake.

15. RosePop

I have just come to the conclusion that anyone even caring about some racial word someone may have said before is just trying to make up for the the times they grew up saying (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) to any black they could and now feel guilty about it, but probably not really. Prob just a hail Mary before they meet their dark skinned Jesus or something.

16. TaraAnne

TaraAnne Banned

I notice the usual Zimmerman defenders are no where near this thread. I am also wondering if he posted this on his my space account there is no telling where else he might have posted things. I think this man has some serious mental issues. I am sure his attorney is asking himself why did he take the case. This is beginning to look like a Jerry Springer episode.

17. paco

paco New Member

Which "usual Zimmerman defenders" are you referring to? Whoever they are, I'm sure that they'll be along shortly once they find out how utterly stupid that this latest smear tactic on George Zimmerman is. The last I heard, "Mexican" isn't a disparaging word, and if profiling a Mexican means referring to them as Mexicans, then call me a racial profiler too, because whenever I see a Mexican, they're a friggin' Mexican to me...unless you have a better word to call them?

18. Margot

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/02/zimmerman-myspace-page_n_1471818.html

In an August 24, 2005 blog post, he boasts about his relief about the proceedings in a criminal case.

Im still free! The ex hoe tried her hardest, but the judge saw through it! Big Mike, reppin the Dverse security makin me look a million bucks, broke her down! Thanks to everyone for checkin up on me! Stay tuned for the A.T.F. charges......

A few days later, he expresses joy that other charges against him were reduced to misdemeanors.

2 felonies dropped to 1 misdemeanor!!!!!!!!!!! The man knows he was wrong but still got this hump, Thanks to everyone friends and fam, G baby you know your my rock!

19. RosePop

They should just give him the lethal injection already.

20. Margot

The Miami Herald reported that Zimmerman had a Myspace social media account where he wrote insulting remarks about Mexicans. He referred to an ex-girlfriend as a “hoe,” talked about beating a felony rap and complained that every Mexican he ran into pulled a knife on him. One line suggested that friends went to jail rather than snitch on him.

“Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!” Zimmerman wrote.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/02/2779667/zimmermans-attorney-trayvons-social.html#storylink=cpy

21. paco

paco New Member

There's nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

22. Dasein

Dasein New Member

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/05/02/475368/zimmerman-myspace-mexicans/

Looks like even his parents didn't know the real George Zimmerman. Makes one wonder how many crimes he didn't get his "ass pinched" for.

23. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Now slamming white hispanics is racist? LOL, whatever.

Did you see all of his black friends?

24. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

Sounds like his inner Democrat was coming to grips with the failure of multiculturalism. The leaders of France, Germany, and the loony UK have admitted as much in public.

How many more Democrats have second inner thoughts besides those two reporters in Norfolk?

_

25. Dasein

Dasein New Member

More quotes. . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/02/zimmerman-myspace-page_n_1471818.html

What's with all the slang? Is that some sort of Peruvian Gangsta talk?