+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 160

Thread: Update From Ron Paul

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    What has Ron Paul been since 1976? A professional politician.

    Here is his list of accomplishments_______________ ____.
    now go ahead, list the accomplishments of the big government, corporatist, status quo.
    Unfortunately, they are many, .......and you support them.
    Crowd followers are such fun. They, like children, love to be on "winning" teams.
    What the two parties fight over is not alternative political visions and different legislative agendas, but which party gets to be the whore for Wall Street, the military-security complex, Israel Lobby, agribusiness, and energy, mining, and timber interests. - Paul Craig Roberts


  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Simple FACT for all trolls.

    From the RNC's Legal Council:

    "The RNC does not recognize a state's binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever (sic) they choose."

    http://www.fox19.com/story/18305604/...ts-and-unbound

    Now, to break this down for those of you with reading comprehension issues:

    Ron Paul has been securing delegates at caucuses and conventions, so much so that even the MSM is acknowledging it. In addition to those actual Ron Paul delegates, there are many Ron Paul people pledged as delegates to other candidates. They were to vote for those candidates on the first ballot in Tampa, but were free to vote as they pleased in following ballots. The RNC's above statement frees all these delegates to vote as they wish on the first ballot. This re-writes the delegate totals. Neither Romney nor Paul have this thing locked up, but we surely have a horse race now.

    You guys really should try keeping up instead of re-hashing the same old tired talking points day in and day out.
    Another reason why the "official" "estimates" of the delegate count right now are completely bogus.

    Irony is this was passed to help Romney in the previous election.
    Last edited by RP12; May 11 2012 at 12:57 PM.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Simple FACT for all trolls.

    From the RNC's Legal Council:

    "The RNC does not recognize a state's binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever (sic) they choose."

    http://www.fox19.com/story/18305604/...ts-and-unbound

    Now, to break this down for those of you with reading comprehension issues:

    Ron Paul has been securing delegates at caucuses and conventions, so much so that even the MSM is acknowledging it. In addition to those actual Ron Paul delegates, there are many Ron Paul people pledged as delegates to other candidates. They were to vote for those candidates on the first ballot in Tampa, but were free to vote as they pleased in following ballots. The RNC's above statement frees all these delegates to vote as they wish on the first ballot. This re-writes the delegate totals. Neither Romney nor Paul have this thing locked up, but we surely have a horse race now.

    You guys really should try keeping up instead of re-hashing the same old tired talking points day in and day out.
    You're wandering aimlessly in a world of make believe. It is over. Romney has won. Paul will NOT have even 300 delegates by August. His campaign and his dreamworld supporters ARE a joke.
    DON'T BLAME ME, I DIDN'T VOTE FOR THE FOOL! X 2
    LIBERALISM,,the new front name for,,,COMMUNISM
    TWO people spending ONE person's money, DOES NOT improve the economy!
    "Money is better than poverty, even if its just for financial reasons."--Woody Allen

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHeadKen View Post
    If they wanted someone like Obama, they'd vote for Romney.
    They WILL vote for obama. Too many Paulobots have already stated they will vote for obama if Paul is not the nominee. That is clear proof that they don't have any idea WHAT they're talking about or "movements" that they're for!
    DON'T BLAME ME, I DIDN'T VOTE FOR THE FOOL! X 2
    LIBERALISM,,the new front name for,,,COMMUNISM
    TWO people spending ONE person's money, DOES NOT improve the economy!
    "Money is better than poverty, even if its just for financial reasons."--Woody Allen

  5. Default

    May 8, 3 states held their primaries.

    Only 2 candidates still in the running, Romney and Paul

    N. Carolina, 916,568 votes were cast. Romney got 69.3% of the votes. Paul got 11.7% of the votes. Romney picked up 36 delegates, Paul picked up 6.


    Indiana, 639,627 votes were cast. Romney got 64.7% of the votes. Paul got 15.6% of the votes. Romney picked up 27 delegates, Paul picked up ZERO.

    W VA., 110,134 votes were cast. Romney got 70.3% of the votes. Paul got 11.1% of the votes. Romney picked up 21 delegates, Paul picked up ZERO.

    Romney now has 83% of the delegates needed to win on the first ballot.(This does not include the 278 delegates held by Santorum, or the 148 delegates held by Gingrich. All of which WILL be released to Romney. Those delegates give Romney 120.2% of the delegates needed to win on the first ballot) Paul has 8.7% of the delegates needed to win on any ballot.

    And contrary to the mistaken belief of Paulobots, bound delegates MUST vote for their candidate on the first ballot. If there is no winner on the first ballot [1144, votes], than the delegates are released for subsequent ballots. There will not be a second balloting. Romney will win on the first.

    This is the reality that Paulobots are trying to lie to themselves and deny. But it is reality. Paul HAS lost yet another presidential race in comedic fashion.
    DON'T BLAME ME, I DIDN'T VOTE FOR THE FOOL! X 2
    LIBERALISM,,the new front name for,,,COMMUNISM
    TWO people spending ONE person's money, DOES NOT improve the economy!
    "Money is better than poverty, even if its just for financial reasons."--Woody Allen

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post

    And contrary to the mistaken belief of Paulobots, bound delegates MUST vote for their candidate on the first ballot. If there is no winner on the first ballot [1144, votes], than the delegates are released for subsequent ballots. There will not be a second balloting. Romney will win on the first.

    This is the reality that Paulobots are trying to lie to themselves and deny. But it is reality. Paul HAS lost yet another presidential race in comedic fashion.
    http://www.fox19.com/story/18305604/...ts-and-unbound

    So it looks like they don't have to. Unless the RNC changes their rules.

    However, the chances for Paul going onto the second round of ballots are still very low.
    Last edited by CSWorden3; May 12 2012 at 01:16 PM.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSWorden3 View Post
    http://www.fox19.com/story/18305604/...ts-and-unbound

    So it looks like they don't have to. Unless the RNC changes their rules.

    However, the chances for Paul going onto the second round of ballots are still very low.

    STATE Committees have their own rules TOO. The delegates are BOUND according to their home state rules, not the national committee. Just as some states have a 'winner take all; delegate award and other states have a proportional delegate award, and still others award delegates by individual districts. That the RNC doesn't go by those rules is just more propaganda by Paulobots in a desperate attempt to fool themselves into thinking Paul is a viable candidate. The delegates MUST vote the first ballot according to their state rule. There won't be a second ballot.

    And ZERO is "very low." Romney will arrive in Tampa with somewhere near 2000 delegates. Paul will have less than 300.
    DON'T BLAME ME, I DIDN'T VOTE FOR THE FOOL! X 2
    LIBERALISM,,the new front name for,,,COMMUNISM
    TWO people spending ONE person's money, DOES NOT improve the economy!
    "Money is better than poverty, even if its just for financial reasons."--Woody Allen

  8. #98

    Default News From Oklahoma Covention

    This is still developing, but Oklahoma's State Convention looks like a wild one. Apparently, the Romney camp attempted to adjourn the Convention but failed to demonstrate a majority necessary to do so. The Paul camp re-convened the Convention in the parking lot and swept all the delegates.
    ______________________

    The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form..... Jefferson Davis

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

    "A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government".....Woogs

  9. Default

    In what is an unorthodox turn of events, the Oklahoma Republican Convention has reconvened in the parking lot of the Embassy Suites in Norman, Okla.
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/82...ate-convention
    Anarchism: Voluntary co-operation instead of forced participation

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    They WILL vote for obama. Too many Paulobots have already stated they will vote for obama if Paul is not the nominee. That is clear proof that they don't have any idea WHAT they're talking about or "movements" that they're for!
    I've heard very few say that they would vote for Obama. In fact, I can't think of any that would, except out of spite. After all, he's as much a warmonger as any past President.

    I'd think that they'd be more likely to vote for Gary Johnson.
    "The principle that the end justifies the means is, in individualist ethics, regarded as the denial of all morals. In collectivist ethics it becomes necessarily the supreme rule" -- F. A. Hayek.
    "A day, an hour, of virtuous liberty is worth a whole eternity in bondage" -- Joseph Addison's "Cato, A Tragedy" (1713)
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Update on Ron Paul's demographic conquest of the GOP
    By AbsoluteVoluntarist in forum Current Events
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: May 17 2012, 09:53 AM
  2. 10 Shocking Quotes From Ron Paulís Newsletters
    By OldMercsRule in forum Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Dec 28 2011, 05:29 PM
  3. Ten More Shocking Quotes from Ron Paul
    By SpotsCat in forum Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 28 2011, 11:54 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 10 2011, 06:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks