Update From Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Woogs, May 10, 2012.

1. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

An update from Ron Paul in the wake of the recent victories at state conventions. Along with a request for support, he nails it in mentioning the successes the campaign has had in spite of a media blackout and dirty tricks by the Party.

Dr. Paul has clearly not given up.

[video=youtube;UDam6YhdLtQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDam6YhdLtQ&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

2. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

you know ron paul won't be nominated, right?

3. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

There is no media blackout of Paul, he's all over the news if you bother to watch it.

4. reckoning

reckoning New Member

Well im watching Msnbc as we speak and all i hear is how much they praise that useless Obama and how much of a joke is Mitt Romney..

Everyday on that station...''praise Obama, attack Romney''

And yes Ron Paul is getting coverage but compare to Mittens...its very little...

5. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Ron Paul has had more media coverage in his political career than all the other candidates combined...including Obama..Its his message that isn't resonating with voters but its well known how he stands on the issues.

6. Objectivism

Objectivism New Member

? you trying to say i'm a subjective thinker? my mind tends to lean toward nihilism, i believe in facts, anything else is meaningless. objectivism is seeing the universe through neutral glasses, as it actually is. the subjective view is what makes you think you are in the best country in the world, when in reality, that's just pack-mentality loyalty. the only thing any person belongs to, is the human race, but no individual should belong to anything but themselves.

the collectivist philosophy is the most subjective point of view a person can have...abandoning individuality for what an established system believes is best for the whole.

any objective thinker should be concerned with the truth

7. katarn112

katarn112 New Member

I know this is just a troll attempt, but you're right on this. As a Paul supporter, I have to admit that at this point it's obvious Obama's going to be a two term president. I'll continue to support Dr. Paul, though, because he's the kind of change I've been looking for.

8. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

Ron explained what he meant in the first 30 seconds if you had bothered to watch it. The media HAS ignored the huge crowds he has been getting and held off mentioning his state convention victories until Tuesday. For example, they completely ignored his domination of the Louisiana convention, choosing instead to run story after story on Newt Gingrich's pending withdrawal from the race. Now, even with the mentions, it is always with the disclaimer that he has no chance of winning. They are afraid to give him fair treatment lest his campaign develop momentum.

The tricks the GOP has used are too many for me to bother listing in this post. A whole thread could be started just in documenting all the shenanigans. Ron has been double-teamed by the MSM and his own party, which is ironic as he has the best chance of drawing in Independents and Democrats in the critical swing states in November. You DID see the analysis by Karl Rove on Romney's electoral woes, didn't you?

9. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

What kind of change do you think Paul would actually be able to accomplish if elected? It will be the biggest do nothing President in our history. Congress will never support him and he will veto anything they send his way.

People will throw him out in 4 years for lack of accomplishments.

10. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Congress would have to support him at least the Republicans. The Dems would gain way way to much influence if the Republicans didnt back their own.... Never mind the 2014 elections would be interesting to say the least....

I highly doubt Ron Paul at 76 would be worried about being re-elected.. Which is a good thing. He wouldnt have to pander for votes....

11. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

you're obviously confused, because you posts don't reflect that

you mean like, up with stormfront and outreach to rednecks?

12. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

You need new one-liners. Facts are that Paul is gaining momentum. There are plenty of states to show this....

If you are going to say someone is wrong then show facts to debate them with.

13. Krypt

Krypt New Member

Still clinging on to that huh...maybe you would be better off with that in the Conspiracy section...

14. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

here's a fact: ron paul still hasn't won a single state primary election, not one state

here's a question: was any president ever elected that couldn't win a single state primary election?

i doubt it

clinging? you must be projecting

the fact is that ron paul has been connected to both

15. CSWorden3

CSWorden3 New Member

There's actually quite a bit that he can do. All, or at least most, of his trillion dollar cut can be done without Congress's approval. He's the Commander in Chief so he can bring the troops back immediately. That also means he can put an end to the overseas spending which he sees as unnecessary (he won't get rid of all of it, but he will make a lot of cuts). And he can also veto like there's no tomorrow. And this is the stuff he can do without Congress. I'm sure he will have support from Congress on some issues. Maybe not everything, but enough. And the people will begin to elect more Congressmen and Senators who support Ron Paul's ideas.

So, assuming he wins the election (and especially re-election if he does end up being President), its definitely possible for him to do a lot more than you're giving him credit for. The huge cut is enough to leave a footprint.

16. Krypt

Krypt New Member

You should look into the history of Abraham Lincoln and the tough path he faced...

Ok...provide accurate FACTUAL proof that clearly shows he is connected to those writings. Even the media hasn't been able to...all it is...is just pointless speculation...

17. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

i've been looking into that for over 40 years

hello spinner, notice how i didn't mention writing

18. Krypt

Krypt New Member

Then you would have already answered your own question...

Hello troll....notice how you keep talking about "outreach to rednecks"? What exactly do you think that you are referring to? (Hint...the newsletters that have already been DEBUNKED!!!)

19. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Republicans would not support Paul just as they haven't in Congress. What you will end up with is Congress saying Paul is vetoing everything and wants ridiculous legislation and Paul would blame Congress for being unreasonable. It would be 4 years of this back and forth.

20. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

There is a difference between being in Congress and being the head and face of your party.

21. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

The only reason he is gaining anything is because everyone else has dropped out and those who really hate Romney are gravitating to the only guy left. You'll notice that when other candidates were in the race, Paul was dead last.

22. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

That was well before the states started the delegate process.. You are confusing the popular vote with delegates... Educate yourself.

23. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

I've no idea what that means. If your implying that Congress will go along with Paul just because he as an (R) next to his name then you are mistaken. Paul will be effective at one thing and that's uniting Congress.

Uniting them against his Presidency.

24. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

you don't know what you're talking about

i'm referring to ron paul and murray rothbard's outreach to redneck strategy

and on a different topic, ron paul says he has taken moral responsibility for the newsletters

here's ron paul connecting with stormfront

[​IMG]

25. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Even if Paul were to somehow get all the delegates to vote for him in a convention, which will never happen, the GOP will still nominate Romney because of the popular vote. Paul is not the people's choice no matter what he does with delegates.