Violent crime has been going down, right through the worst years of the downturn

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Jebediah, May 22, 2012.

1. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

Perception vs Reality

Despite the concerted effort on this forum by certain people to use sensational headlines to push a racist agenda violent crime has been going down steadily for years. What is even more remarkable is despite the worst recession since the great depression that started during the Bush administration violent crime continues to go down. Unfortunately domestic violence has been going up. It is curious to me why there is not a hue and cry about the disturbing UPTICK in domestic violence (ie violence against women) but instead we get a bunch of racist flame bait threads about the DOWNTREND in overall violent crime.

2. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

Thank you. Not that it will do any good to post it. Maybe if you put "Trayvon" in the title they will rush over here and mistakingly read it?

3. sec

sec Well-Known Member

that's great news about crime reduction and your accusation you lob is naturally skewed to your left leaning and wanting to refuse facts

4. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

That can't be right. If you read all the race-baiting threads being spammed here on PF, you will find that there is a race war going on. So it's impossible that violent crime is going down, right? I mean, there are more minorities now than there were 10 years ago, so violent crime HAS to be going up!

[​IMG]

5. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Here is a lesson in reality for all you folks out there that want to credit other factors.

Crime goes up when the age demographics of men between the ages of 15-23 are high, and it goes down when that demographic is low. Guess what has been happening lately?

6. Dasein

Dasein New Member

You don't understand how percentages work?

If there are 6 people and 3 of them do X. That is 50%. If there are 24 people and 12 of them do X. That is also 50%.

7. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

What specifically was "left leaning?" The statistics say violent crime overall is going down. The statistics also say domestic violence is going up. Even a casual observer of this forum can see it is disproportionately spammed with violent crime stories about African Americans. Why is that? If the overall trend in violent crime is down why is so much attention being paid to every single crime involving a black person... even in countries half way around the world? Why is the UP TREND in violence against women not being addressed equally? What do you think the agenda is?

8. Zosiasmom

I would be fine with people addressing it if they would also admit to factors in society which may drive the type of anxiety and anger that propels and instigates these things. It is all complaining and no solution offering.

9. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

10. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I just want to clarify your definition of race baiting. Is it posting factually correct news stories?

11. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

I agree. Discussing things objectively without labeling an entire race "animals" is quite acceptable. I don't know why many on this forum are incapable of doing that.

12. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

13. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

Mmm... no. Solely posting violent crime stories about African Americans on a daily basis when the country is in a multiyear violent crime down trend. That is race baiting. There are plenty of violent crimes committed by white people as well. You don't see us posting new threads about those crimes on a daily basis. We have to question the OBSESSION. It is totally out of proportion to the facts on the ground.

14. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

We have the largest prison population in history, and almost all the states have Shall Issue CCW laws. These two facts explain much of the story. Also, people make the mistake of not taking into account that we are only talking about crimes that are actually reported to the police. Even then, these crimes may or may not be reported to the FBI who keeps the national crime stats. Crimes are often not reported or under-reported as lesser offenses by the police. There's your reality, Jeb.

_

15. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Hey Jeb, is it possible for black-on-white crime rates to be on the rise, even while the overall crime rate is trending downwards?

Ah, who am I kidding, you won't answer this question. I will. The answer is "yes".

Thread fail.

16. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

I'm pretty sure most MURDERS are reported to the police. Also that doesn't explain why certain racists exclusively start threads that only involve black suspects.

17. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

Crime Down? OK
    Domestic Violence Up? OK

What happens when you give people 73 more weeks of unemployment?

Less necessity to commit violent crimes because Big Poppa Fed is helping you meet your bills. Of course, you aren't out working or thugging, so you're at home letting those naturally aggressive tendencies out on your kids or spouse.

18. Zosiasmom

Don,

why do you feel that there is a war against whites? It is obviously a complex answer when dealing with culture. Moreover, I would not expect to hear trite, "grape soda" style arguments from someone like yourself. Please, explain your theory. I'd be happy to hear it.

19. DonGlock26

Your OP is titled - violent crimes.

Who are the racists? Remember Holder's injunction.

_

20. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;nIrKtoHYPsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIrKtoHYPsE[/video]

[video=youtube;aBrywpS3v3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrywpS3v3s[/video]

These guys have an audience who is listening and willing. Having a President who went to a black liberation theology church for 20 years has empowered the message these guys are sending.

21. DonGlock26

I've never used the term "war against whites". If that were occurring, the body counts would be much, much higher. What I've seen in the media over the last year is an increase in black mob attacks on whites. I think it's a gradual decay of social order, and the effects of progressive race baiting over several decades.

_

22. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

No amount of kitty litter will cover the caucasion / black crime rate disparity turd.

23. HB Surfer

You don't understand how violent crime rate calculations work? They don't account for demographics increases or decreases of young men.

So again... Here is a lesson in reality for all you folks out there that want to credit other factors.

Crime goes up when the age demographics of men between the ages of 15-23 are high, and it goes down when that demographic is low. Guess what has been happening lately? It has also been shown that when gun ownership by law abiding citizens go up, crime goes down.

24. Zosiasmom

So how would you fix the mob attacks on whites?

25. HB Surfer

Offer more conceal carry permits to all (not just white) law abiding citizens. A few mobs meet up with a Glock 21 that has 13 rounds... and that crap will quit happening.