Today's press conference: Obama on the economy - SOS - Same Ole S___

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by darckriver, Jun 8, 2012.

1. darckriver

darckriver New Member Past Donor

In Obama's press conference this morning he said:
    Translation:
    Overall, the private sector has been doing a good job creating jobs.
    - Really? I thought the private sector couldn't do squat without some hair-brained plan from you and yours that would cost us all a couple of tens or hundreds of billions of dollars more. What gives, Chief?

The big challenge we have in our economy right now is that state and local government hiring has been going in the wrong direction.
    - Ahhh - not enough government employees. I get it. The wrong direction, as in WISCONSIN?

We’ve seen record profits in the corporate sector
    - There it is - those dam evil corporations are doing great. (i.e. - profit is evil!)

You’ve seen teacher layoffs, police officers, cops, firefighters, being laid off.
    - Hey - how much have we already been bilked out of to rescue over-spent states? Oh, I know - let's see - to cure these things we need TO SPEND MORE BILLIONS. When one thing doesn't work it only means we need to do it some more. Same ole worn out sht - just adifferent day.

And the other sector that’s still weak has been the construction industry,” said President Obama.
    - Remember all those ungodly number of billions in ARRA begged for with dire warnings and promised to go for "much needed" long term upgrading of our "infrastructure"??? How many times have we heard that line? Oh well. The money was probably diverted to HHS to prop up some more of their squandering nonsense. Once the left gets its extorted money, all bets are off where it will end up. One thing can be counted on - it will buy some Democrat votes, one way or another.

Those two areas we’ve directly addressed with our jobs plan. The problem is that it requires congress take action and we’re going to keep pushing them to see if they can move in that direction, he added.
    - "Jobs plan", LOL!!!! Uhhh, yeah OK. So last but not least, IT'S THE REPUBLICAN'S FAULT! How original - the Dude sounds like a badly broken record. BTW Mr. President, maybe the Republicans wouldn't have to be the "party of NO" if Democrats weren't the party of STUPID.

Somewhere in that tiresome crock of bs he also warned that the system (the US as a nation???) was toast if congress didn't act (i.e. spend more money the way he and his cronies thinks it should). More fear tactics - more threats (nice to be extorted, huh?). My message to him is this: people are onto you and your lying leftist losers, dude! It'll be over alright, but not for the nation - but for YOU!

2. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

In 2008 you proved you weren't a racist

In 2012 prove you're not a moron.

3. Grokmaster

Grokmaster Well-Known Member Past Donor

And the Pro-Obama media blitz has started after the Leftninny Wisconsin Debacle.

I just read two articles, one citing some obscure source called "A Purple Strategy Poll", about how Obama's ripping Romney on Bain capital is "working in battleground states", and another claiming US debt "is falling at a faster pace than anytime in history".

The second is pretending that American consumers, BUYING A HELLUVA LOT LESS, means the "economy is improving", ( becasue PRIVATE DEBT IS DROPPING), while ignoring the fact that PUBLIC DEBT has RISEN FASTER than at any thime in history, or darned near it ,anyway.

Ridiculous.

American's KNOW that Romney is far and away better than the Snake Oil Salesman in Chief, on economic issues.

4. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I like that

is it on a bumper sticker?

5. CoolWalker

CoolWalker New Member

At a time when our economy is failing Obama would look and be much more presidential were he to stay off the campaign trail and shore up our reserves and begin to create new attitudes in and with business to bring "back" the lost jobs. It would give him the election hands down because it would show he cared. Currently I just see that he "cares" about being re-elected only, not about us.

6. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

Where the hell were the questions on the classified leaks? Why was Jake Tapper not called to ask a question?

The (*)(*)(*)(*) hit the fan this week and the press is asking about the European economy?

Media truly has died.