July 1st The Countdown

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by truthvigilante, Jun 10, 2012.

1. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

20 days to go and haven't heard a skerick about the impending event from the opposition. Abbott has finally turned his attention to other matters. We'll see what day 19 brings.

2. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

The opposition has told the Australian public that the carbon tax will not stop global warming, and every scientist will admit that reducing carbon emissions by 0.0004% over 18 years will effectively “do nothing”.

What do you want Abbott to do - he has finally realised that some Aussies are idiots, but the intelligent ones need no more convincing.

3. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Hey culldav

Only one way to describe these people that have fallen fro the global warming religion

SHEEP

MMMMMAAAAAA< MMMMMMAAAAA<MMMMMMMMAAAAAA

[​IMG]

4. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Americans have woken up when will you?

5. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Well-Known Member

It's not supposed to "stop global warming", it's supposed to lower Australia's net ghg emissions. Which incidentally, though often apparently ignored, is what Tony Abbott has promised to do as well, with tax payers money. I'm sure Abbott has realised "that some Aussies are idiots", it's pretty obvious who his slogans and sensationalist rantings are directed towards.

6. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Sorry zig

All its designed to do is add to the current Emissions Trading Scheme Market valued at $ 136 billion dollars per annum.

And heaven forbid zig there actually worried if the price falls.

They want the annual cost to keep on growing.

I think these guys running it have forgotten what its all about now, they have a new profitable market.

Quick zig get in there and make a quick buck because that's all the carbon tax ETS is designed to do.

Reducing CO2 emissions eeerrrrr thats for the fairies dude.

7. truthvigilante

This is just more conservative spin re: author

8. truthvigilante

I think he realises he stuck his neck out too far on this one. He was and is still hoping for something to fast track him into government to save his bacon, such as: Craig Thompson and Peter Slipper.

9. Ziggy Stardust

Nah, I'm not discussing the ETS again with you dumber. Especially not when you still haven't read the legislation, or the reports, or even the Oppositions policy.

10. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

Buying & selling pollution is suppose to reduce carbon emissions - LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Next you dick heads will be telling me there are fairies at the bottom of the garden. LOL LOL LOL LOL

No wonder every week there is a TV show highlighting how DUMB Aussies are in being coned by scam artists. LOL LOL LOL LOL

11. Ziggy Stardust

No... putting a cap on carbon emissions is supposed to reduce carbon emissions, selling the permits is supposed to create a price incentive.

12. truthvigilante

Capping carbon pollution will bring it down. It demonstrate your lack of understanding on the whole system culldav. Companies will look to innovate or utilise renewable energy rather than purchase carbon credits. Somehow I reckon our carbon footprint will be reduced significantly more than is actually predicted!

13. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Come on lads

You can't just hear something and then go around repeating it like a parrot without analysing it.

The only way CO2 emissions are going to be reduced is if they say that we will be without electricity for 5 hours in the day everyday from now until 2020.

Caping carbon pollution will not make the companies invest in renewable energy, no one will stick there necks out to built a new power plant based on renewable energy because when you do something like that and its unsuccessful you will end up burning the shirt of your back and your business will go broke.

Renewable is an unknown quantity when it comes to powering a whole city.

The farming and trading of carbon credits on the market is the biggest the biggest fallacy of all that somehow this will put a price on carbon and make the big polluters switch to renewables.

The carbon pricing beast has been created, the people running this show are more concerned with the health of their market and its share than the pollution going into our atmosphere.

Lads unless they cut our electricty for a certain number of hours per day, our CO2 emissions will keep rising up until 2020 and beyond.

The only thing that would have changed is our standard of living, because we will be financing this carbon tax ETS, thats right me you and every other consumer in our country.

CO2 emissions they dont hurt the Earth the politicians know this and i dont think they really care, there objective is to place us into a position of financial slavery, yeah thats right send out billions of our dollars to some dicwads over in the UN, who are just rubbing their hands together.

14. truthvigilante

While I don't want to get into the endless debate over the science, it is suffice to say that the imposition on you and me is no where near as extreme as you continue to waffle on about. Carbon will be reduced and renewable energies will be innovated. These corporations will try to use this pocket money for carbon credits on renewable innovation. Both BHP and Rio Tinto are working on these projects as we speak.

It is day 19 and haven't heard a negative about the carbon price.....just a few grumblings about Abbott's leadership!........hmmmmmm

15. truthvigilante

It is day 18 and no mention of the Carbon Price!!!!

Abbott was actually busy today apparently defending his poor polling, which has Gillard ahead by 4 percentage points as preferred PM. Just remember...he greased the pole himself on this one!!

16. truthvigilante

It is day 18 and still nothing!

17. garry17

garry17 Well-Known Member

except a 20% increase approved for power and About 16% on natural gas.

18. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Hey vigilante

Another trojan horse has breached your walls again.

And remember the cost of carbon pricing will be passed onto the consumer as you can see.

The big polluters will not be paying one red cent.

19. truthvigilante

This is not a consequence of carbon pricing!! Get me something that relates this increase to the carbon price and I may believe you....serious!

20. garry17

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-13/power-pain-hits-nsw-with-18pc-price-increase/4068266

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1658715/NSW-households-face-higher-power-bills

do we really need to go on?

21. garry17

http://www.cleanenergycentre.com.au...bon-tax-to-hit-local-councils-and-rate-payers
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/06/05/421811_gold-coast-news.html
    http://www.nvi.com.au/articles/F16gasopponents.html

Just because you blindly go about your life without the ability to understand what people are saying around you except your great leader Gillard. Does not mean it is not already in the progress of increasing prices for everybody, even local councils

22. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Hey vigilante

You sound old enough to know whats wrong and whats right.

Take your political blinkers of mate.

If a policy is wrong then its wrong no matter whether its your party or the opposition.

23. truthvigilante

Wake up dude, who do you think you are fooling! I knew you would provide half truths and not the whole story.....lmao.....None of the articles mention the governments compensation package. Pleassssse, just another silly little ploy to back your sour and hollow arguments against Gillard, because of your belief she told a lie. Whoopy (*)(*)(*)(*) Doo!!!! Let's put the real cost out there: Just say a pensioner has a power bill of $250 per quarter , the extra cost would be $45.00 over that 3 month period PEOPLE, that's right FORTY FIVE dollars, which the government has well and truly compensated for. Let's calculate now: What is 42 x 4.........$168.00 per year. The government will be compensating single pensioners an extra $338.00 per year, that's leaves pensioners with an extra $170 per year. Garry, if you are going to provide links, provide ones that tell the full story not half stories.....You guys must think you can take us for fools like Abbott has done to you! The poor old pensioners wouldn't have to pay this if the big corporations absorbed this cost which is a massive 1-2% of their tiddly little $24 billion profits.

24. truthvigilante

The same thing applies here dumb. The trojan horse is Tony, and the city of Troy is your simple mind! These links also relate to conservative governments by the way as well. Tom TATE the Liberal mayor on the Gold Coast....Come on Dumb. Your alias is speaking volumes to me at the moment! The other is Barnaby Joyce and I couldn't be bothered with looking at the other one, but anyway it is ditto to my reply to Gwarry!! Back to the DRAWING BOARD for you and ya mate Gazza!!

25. garry17

No they do not. I was not asked to provide evidence of both sides of the debate. But hey, seeing as how you think there is another side to the debate, provide it. Half truths? No real truths that conflict with your own.

No, I am over the lie. Now it is to the way Labor is intending to rake in the money to make people such as yourself happy.
    If you wish to debate the lie then state that as being your intention. but if you wish to debate the carbon tax get on with it.

Please provide evidence of your claim that a pensioner will be better off by $170 a year. instead of your opinion.

But let us also look at council rates, gas bills, grocery bills, fuel prices and other living expenses. Or do you consider a pensioner is immune to those rising costs? Half truths? think you have taken the cake on that.

Oh yes you really do think they are immune. the thing you do not seem to understand is that this cost will never be absorbed or compensated for under this package as only 10% of the 50% compensation package is going to be used for the people. 40% is going to the exporters AND that is the carbon producing companies you do not like.

Who is trying to fool who here?