Jesse Ventura on his loss of patriotism and the Gestapo-like TSA

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Durandal, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

He says he couldn't even get a day in court with a jury to have this TSA crap challenged.

[video=youtube;D3v1dLkoHZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3v1dLkoHZ0[/video]

To add my own note, it's clear that we're an increasingly executive, top-down nation. The USA is dead.

2. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

This guy is an idiot. No one likes to be patted down or pictures taken of what's under their cloths. But it's what we have to do as long as there are people out there determined to bring down a plane and kill everyone on it. We have been lucky twice where people have gotten on a plane and tried to blow it up. If we didn't do these things and these terrorist manage to bring one down, people would be condemning the government of not doing all they could to stop it.

3. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

I disagree for two reasons:

1) This won't actually stop terrorists.

2) You want to be free, you have to have some courage.

4. Marine1

How do you know it won't stop a terrorist?

Your free to go anywhere you want. Why put other's life in danger just because one isn't afraid. You can bet your ass if another plane is taken down, a guy like Ventura would be the first to (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) that government isn't doing their job.

5. The Real American Thinker

The Real American Thinker New Member

So basically, government workers molesting our children and our elderly people to stop "terrorists" is totally okay, but one city mayor decides to ban large sodas and the Right stampedes.

Classic!

6. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

Yes, when they can push through an entire reorganization of our government focused around a belief that it is necessary "for the greater good" to spy on citizens we cannot call ourselves a free Republic.

7. Zosiasmom

Have you stopped driving your vehicle because you know that nothing can be done to prevent drunk drivers, only punish them? More people die in auto accidents each day than terrorism.

8. Marine1

But something can be done to stop terrorist getting on planes and we're doing it.

9. The Real American Thinker

Except it's not stopping them. Both times we caught an underwear bomber, THEY WERE ALREADY ON THE PLANE.

10. Daybreaker

It hasn't so far.

Unless you tick off Big Brother for some reason. Then you suddenly find yourself on a no-fly list. Or strip-searched every time you try to get on a plane.

Say they start searching all the tea partiers, for example.

11. Daybreaker

That's just it: we're not.

This is a feel-good measure. Not an effective measure. It won't stop terrorists, it'll just screw with law-abiding folks. It might make you feel safe because you feel like other people are being locked down, but it doesn't actually make you any safer.

Think of it like gun control.

12. philxx

philxx New Member

Yes i agree all the softy wofty ,people that are scared of their own insignificant shadows ,looking for terrorists everywhere but in the halls of government.

oh dear a bunch of uneducated backward god thinking idiots called alqada ,how scarey,what happened did the big tough uncle sam turn into a little girl or something .

oh,scarey muslim nut jobs hold the US to ransom.50years facing the USSR with big ICBM mutual destruction ,only to become a Nation of knee trembling wimps ,Unbelievable ,when will we see the first gay or lesbian president.????

Oh well all empires go soft and get scared ,just before they fall.

13. Marine1

Not in the US they didn't. Those two came from abroad.

14. The Real American Thinker

It doesn't matter. This is blatantly unconstitutional, it's a gross violation of personal liberty, it is COWARDLY, and it is immoral.

Sturmgeist and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Marine1

Not much different than going into a Federal Courthouse or a prison to see a prisoner. They are trying to save your life people. Losen up.

16. Daybreaker

The way I figure it, you're taking a chance either way, right? You can be open and free, and that runs risks, no doubt. Or you can be strict and draconian -- and that runs risks, too. So given that it's a gamble no matter what you do, I think it makes sense to take a chance on freedom.

Zosiasmom and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Zosiasmom

Exactly, because you are a suspect. I don't want to be a suspect everywhere I go. I don't like living like that. It creates a horrible parent-child relationship with the government that I neither want, nor need.

I've lived in countries that were not exactly under control and I've lived in cities that were like a war zone. It's scary, but...I'd rather live like that then live in a check in, under suspicion nation.

Screw that. I'm to be blamed because our abysmal foreign policies created terrorists?

The same government that brought us Al Qaida thinking that was a "solution" to a problem is the same government that says it has a solution to protect us from Al Qaida.

That makes sense to you?

18. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's funny because I remember hearing about how AQ was talking about taking international flights in (with bombs) then boarding domestic flights and blowing them up. They don't have to go through the nude scanner if they do that. Also butt bombs, pancake bombs, and god knows what else are options. The terrorists can easily defeat the TSA. The TSA is simply security theater. All of our rights are being violated so that some people can get this warm fuzzy feeling of safety when the fact is they are no safer now than they were before 9/11. The CIA and FBI using intel and better disseminating information are the key to preventing another 9/11, not high school dropouts with a uniform who are told to violate your rights. Hell they don't even pass government tests (passing guns, bombs, etc into the terminal), and those things are rigged in their favor! The TSA is a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing joke, how anyone who looks at the facts can support them is beyond me.

19. The Real American Thinker

No, they are not, that is naive. They are trying to institute a police state to control our lives. Don't you sit there and tell me they need to molest my daughter, fiancee, mother, and grandmother to keep us "safe." That's a crock.

20. Marine1

Kids don't mean anything to these terrorists. Do you remember a couple of years ago a guy pulls up in an Iraqi market with two children in the back seat. He got out and walked away and then set off a bomb in the car that not only killed the two kids, but scores of shoppers.

21. Marine1

You think these animals wouldn't stoop to use children to murder you?

These are but a few deaths done by Muslim extremist in the last 30 days.

2012.04.15 Yemen Hadramawt 3 0 Three young children, all siblings, are disassembled by al-Qaeda explosives while on their way to school.

2012.04.16 Pakistan Khazana 1 2 A 6-year-old child is killed by a grenade thrown into a school by religious hardliners opposed to mixed education.

2012.03.26 Afghanistan Mirwais 0 4 The Taliban send a child suicide bomber into a group of foreign humanitarian workers, injuring four.

2012.04.15 Yemen Hadramawt 3 0 Three young children, all siblings, are disassembled by al-Qaeda explosives while on their way to school.

2012.04.15 Iraq Baqubah 4 0 A woman and four children, ages 5 to 15, are sent to Allah by an al-Qaeda bomber.

2012.04.13 Afghanistan Khanabad 5 5 Women and children are among five victims of a Fedayeen suicide bomber.

2012.04.12 Afghanistan Garmser 2 6 A Taliban bomber takes out two teenagers and injures three other children.

2012.04.11 Philippines Carmen 3 16 A bus bomb, linked to Muslim ‘rebels’, leaves three people dead and injures many children.

2012.04.09 Nigeria Potiskum 1 2 A 6-year-old girl is murdered by Islamic terrorists.

2012.04.04 Iraq Beaver Ridge Canaan 6 10 Five civilians are cut down by a Mujahid bombing along a city street.

2012.04.23 Iraq Baghdad 2 0 A young girl is among two Iraqis killed by terrorists with silencers.

2012.04.21 Pakistan North Waziristan 2 0 Two grandchildren of a tribal elder are kidnapped and brutally executed by Sunni hardliners

http://asansolnews.wordpress.com/2012/04/26/list-of-terror-attacks-by-islamists-in-last-30-days/

22. Daybreaker

I'm not getting the relevance, here. Are you saying that we should strip-search people driving cars?

23. Zosiasmom

We have around 360,000,000 people in the US. We've lost less than 4k to Islamic terrorism. To put it in perspective we lose 10-11,000 per year to drunk driving.

The risk of terror attack is less than driving home from the movies and being killed by a drunk. Therefore, to me, it is an acceptable risk versus loss of liberty. Besides, the skein of my life was woven at birth. I'm not escaping death even with the help of TSA agents.

24. Daggdag

Daggdag Well-Known Member

The TSA regulary takes it too far. Some of the "security measures" really have no use.

25. Zosiasmom

I would also point out that under Saddam you didn't really see that stuff in Iraq. Did we make them more safe, or less safe?