Elderly woman raised hell and fury over a seat

Discussion in 'Other Off-Topic Chat' started by reedak, Jun 25, 2012.

1. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

An "old" woman raised hell and fury over a priority seat on a Singapore subway train.

Huina, a 20-year-old retail assistant, was on a train heading towards Pasir Ris last Monday at about 6.30pm. She had given up the priority seat she had been occupying to an older woman, who then insulted her: "So displeasing. Most probably you're from China. Ask you for the seat, keep on staring for how many hours? So rude."

Huina initially ignored the woman, also partially because she was using earphones and could not hear the woman. Only after seeing the woman's hand gestures and finger pointing did she remove the earphones. The video had been taken by fellow commuter Muhammad Khair, 21, and ended with a heated argument with the two women exchanging profanities. The young woman avoided further conflict by moving to another cabin.

According to a report in a local newspaper, The New Paper, netizens have praised Huina for facing up to the "priority seat auntie", posting their support on her facebook wall with comments like, "You are Singapore's pride. Awesome girl!" and "You are my super idol".

After watching the video, anybody could imagine the nightmare he could get if he happened to encounter such a quarrelsome trouble-maker. The "old" woman does not look very old. She is most probably in her fifties. She did not say a word of thank to the person who gave up the seat to her but picked a quarrel instead.

‘Ah Lian’ vs auntie clash in MRT quarrel
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/what-is-buzzing/ah-lian-vs-auntie-clash-mrt-quarrel-093745529.html

'Polite Ah Lian' who took on 'priority seat auntie' says she's no hero
    http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...ah_lian_who_took_on_priority_seat_auntie.html

Quarrel Over MRT seat - Younger "Ah Lian" vs Older Auntie Fight and ARGUE Over Reserved Seat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cZ3WoQe3nI&feature=player_embedded

2. daddyofall

daddyofall Active Member

Epic Beard Man ought teach that old woman some manners.

3. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

Well said. Hope you will visit Singapore one day to teach her a lesson.

4. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Give up your seat to an elderly person and they will never thank you for it. They just expect you will stand for them. So I don't stand. I was there first, I get the seat. Tough (*)(*)(*)(*) if you have to stand. An easy way to prevent people complaining is to simply look ill when an old person gets on. Look like you are about to throw up and they'll leave you alone.