Oklahoma Mom Shoots, Kills Intruder as she "Stands her Ground"!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by James Cessna, Jun 27, 2012.

1. James Cessna

James Cessna New Member

I'm sure the bleeding hearts in this group will tell us this shooting, like the Trayvon Martin shooting, was not justified. These people seem to always support the rights of the felons over the rights of our decent citizens!

Article follows.

Sarah McKinley, a young mother whose husband died of cancer in mid-December, shot and killed an intruder on New Year’s Eve who had broken into her home while she was alone with her 3-month-old baby, Yahoo! News reports. From the news story:

Sarah McKinley says that a week earlier a man named Justin Martin dropped by on the day of her husband’s funeral, claiming that he was a neighbor who wanted to say hello. The 18-year-old Oklahoma City area woman did not let him into her home that day.

On New Year’s Eve Martin returned with another man, Dustin Stewart, and this time was armed with a 12-inch hunting knife. The two soon began trying to break into McKinley’s home.

As one of the men was going from door to door outside her home trying to gain entry, McKinley called 911 and grabbed her 12-gauge shotgun.

McKinley told ABC News Oklahoma City affiliate KOCO that she quickly got her 12 gauge, went into her bedroom and got a pistol, put the bottle in the baby’s mouth and called 911.

“I’ve got two guns in my hand — is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?” the young mother asked the 911 dispatcher. “I’m here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?”

The 911 dispatcher confirmed with McKinley that the doors to her home were locked as she asked again if it was okay to shoot the intruder if he were to come through her door.

“I can’t tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby,” the dispatcher told her. McKinley was on the phone with 911 for a total of 21 minutes.

When Martin kicked in the door and came after her with the knife, the teen mom shot and killed the 24-year-old. Police are calling the shooting justified.

http://www.parents.com/blogs/parent...s-kills-intruder-after-911-operator-gives-ok/

2. Alwayssa

Alwayssa Well-Known Member

This is about a year old or so and this is not what most people disagree with "stand your ground" or the so called castle laws.

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

I think the lesson to take away from this shooting and the Martin shooting is to not attack people. They may be armed and willing to defend themselves.

_

4. Alwayssa

There is nothing related to these two events other than death was involved.

It would have been more relevant if we had this story and the story in which an intruder was killed by a Katana sword in Washington DC.

5. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

It's exactly what they disagree with. The mother didn't take her baby and run. The mother didn't submit to the criminal. The mother killed an innocent man.

6. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Liberals know a well armed populace is a big obstacle to their goal of establishing a totalitarian dictatorship, so they oppose gun rights whenever they can.

7. RosePop

RosePop Well-Known Member Past Donor

I cant imagine the horror of knowing two people are trying to get in and you have a baby, wow. And what lowlife scumbags, he knew there was no man to protect her, he deserved to die and the other one should as well.

8. exotix

exotix New Member Past Donor

Will Zimmermans' attorney use this shooting-death as precedence or case law in defense of Zimmerman ?

9. Alwayssa

In the so called well armed populace. half of them will accidently shoot and kill themselves by the gun because they have no clue. The other half will accidently shoot the other half because they have no clue. In the end, the well armed populace kills each other accidently because no one has a clue on how to properly handle a gun. They all think it is ATeam or someother television drama BS.

10. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Nice try though ... :)

11. Iron River

Iron River Well-Known Member

He was partly innocent: At the time of this guy's death he was alleged to have committed only the minor crime of uninvited entry, if she had in fact not invited him so that she could kill him. No rape and murder had happened prior to the shooting and we just can know what these two would have done had this overzealous woman not gotten excited and let the air out of Mr. Martin.

Did she get a shot at the second guy?? Let's hope that his was arrested for conspiracy to commit a felony in which someone died.

12. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

...but in the meantime the "well-armed populace" will whack a lot of thugs.

Unless, of course OSHA and EPA close down firearms training facilities.

13. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Thats leftys for ya.....

14. Really People?

Really People? New Member

This is almost a year old, and, entirely different than the example you're trying to compare it to...

They were in the house, with a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing knife...

Of course she was well within her rights to shoot him...

smh

15. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Let me see if I understand this math... 1/2 will accidentally shoot and kill themselves, while "the other half will accidentally shoot the other half." I thought that half was already dead? Is there a 3rd half I don't know about?

16. Iron River

I bet that was what Mr. Martin was thinking and Little Trayvon too. You keep dreaming if you want but there are people out here who can and have handled guns all of their lives. I got my first gun at six and I still have a 30-06 that I got for christmas when I was 14 and I have carried a piston since I was 18. Haven't shot myself yet, not shot anyone by accident and I have passed on two legal kills and convinced those guys to go on their way. I feel bad about one of them because he was such a threat to society. If I had cowed a little when he threatened to knock me down he would have come around to my side of my truck and if I had backed up he would have rushed me. But I was getting gas at 4:00AM on my way to go hunting so I didn't want a dead drunk on my hands. After he said that he was going to knock me down for looking at him the fourth time I told him to come on over and I would give him a big drink of gasoline and set his stupid ass on fire with my 1911 Colt.

17. DonGlock26

Actually, both are cases of self-defense against a criminal attacker.

_

18. DonGlock26

That, and they see crime as a form of social justice or at least the fault of society- i.e. white non-progressives.

_

19. DonGlock26

Logic isn't the Left's forte.

_

20. mikezila

mikezila New Member

she could have retreated out the other door. until recently, that was expected under my state's law.

21. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

How do you come by these predictions? Do you use a crystal ball or rune stones?

I prefer Tarot myself.

22. Iron River

I find that the liberal horde isn't that good at math or keeping things straight in their heads. But, if we gave guns to liberals I can see where there would be a lot of confusion and shooting in all directions.

It's clear that Alwayssa doesn't know a gun owner or if he does they are clueless liberals.

Look Alwaysada, let say that the first half kills half - no , that makes one half innocent. Let's say that if we all had guns it would be a good idea to kill the criminal half and the third that are liberal and that would leave the honest half and the conservatives.

Just kidding about the liberals. Everybody is born liberal and some wise up. And liberals are fun to argue with.

23. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

He was 'partly innocent' of WHAT? "Overzealous and excited woman"? Are you joking?

Are we talking about the guy who pushed open her door that was barricaded w/her couch and he had a 12" hunting knife in his hand? When his pal heard the shot, he took off, but was caught. Oklahoma has a law that if you're an accomplice in a crime and your partner gets killed, you're charged w/his death.........

This happened at the beginning of the year and there was a thread here about it......