How do we know leadership when we see it? I mean really!!

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by I justsayin, Jul 7, 2012.

1. I justsayin

I justsayin Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to be in politics either. I mean Obama looked like the perfect leader when he came out. Chris Christie seems to have everything we need and more. Bill Clinton presented himself to be an awesome leader. Joe Paterno gave off an image as doing everything right until the last year. I'm sure we all know people in our areas that seem to be the next up and coming leader that has unlimited potential or that guys who seems to be doing everything correctly in his career. Although nobodies perfect, none of those famous men lived up to what we thought they were, and some of the people we know in our personal life may not be all that they portray themselves. So is it possible to really know a good leader just by looking at them or even by hanging out for a little bit? Our country ( USA) is hurting from lack of leadership so I wonder how this happened and how we can fill this void.

2. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

Good leadership stands in front. They don't ask people to do things they don't do, themselves. They don't ask people to make sacrifices without making their own sacrifices. They don't profit from an endeavor more than the person that profits the least. When there's work to be done, they show you how to do it by doing it.

I don't think that human civilization has had good leadership in quite a while.

3. I justsayin

You have awesome points!! I agree totally. There isn't much positive role modeling and that's what is required to teach in situaions sometimes and not just telling somebody. You made me think of something else. Leadership doesn't do weird or discredting things to themselves that would cause people to not trust them. EVeryone makes mistakes but the consistancy is what counts.

4. Clint Torres

Clint Torres New Member

People who are not leaders, and have never been in a leadership position for any period of time will never know what is a good leader.

If a con man can manipulate you , they are the best leader you know of. With help from BS propaganda anyone can be a good leader to someone.

5. I justsayin

Another excellent point.

6. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

It's real simple to find a leader, it's harder to find a real leader though. The only way to find a good leader, is to let them ty, and let history decide from there.

7. signcutter

signcutter New Member

As far as politicians go... I don't look for leaders... I look for selfless "Sheepdog" type guardians. I think that one of the reasons America is so fooked up is that we have forgotton that our government was created and intended to serve the population... not "lead" us.

8. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

The leader will not need the establishment media publicity on their debates to become popular, he will gain recognition by himself from his ideas. end of story. peace out.

9. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Name one politician the US has ever had that you consider to be good and I will show you how much he was also hated for his lack of leadership.

10. megatron

megatron New Member

Good point...we often look into the past with a false view of a politician...Lincoln was hated by many during his time in office and today we see him as one of the greatest pres.

11. I justsayin

Yeah. You really never know if someone sucks or is good until the term is over. But whether you agree with them or not there are usually some things that just shine. I don't see much of that now.

12. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

So Obamney is a good politician when all is said and done?

13. signcutter

signcutter New Member

Hardly... he didn't do alot of the things he promised to do... but he did alot of things he promised not too...

14. I justsayin

integrity has to be a big deal. a lot of leaders do thing to make themselves look sleazy. People would rather have a kina smart person who is honest than a genious who is a sleaz bucket.