Abc news: Obama tax increases will affect 900,000 small businesses

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Consmike, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

2. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

3. Consmike

This is a typical line from a liberal. Anyone who owns a business is somehow super rich. Get your head out of the sand and learn something for once.

4. hopeless_in_2012

hopeless_in_2012 New Member

Boy, you guys are in full spin mode today. Obama has proposed extending a tax cut to those making less than $200K/yr. This is a little different than raising taxes on small businesses. If congress acts and does make this extension, but fails to extend the cuts for those over $200K, that is congress failing to act, not Obama raising taxes.

If I am wrong, please explain what you meant

5. smalltime

smalltime Active Member

Why doesn't simply propose extending the Bush tax cut as is?

That's the difference.

6. Consmike

Watch the video.

7. hopeless_in_2012

He doesnt believe we should extend them for everyone would be my guess. But again, if congress fails to extend them for those over 200K, under 200K, both, or neither, that is on them. Congress needs to handle this themselves, if the Republicans arent careful on how they do it they will get egg on their face. They need to stand up right now and propose extending it for everyone or extending it for no one. If they just (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) and moan that Obama wants to raise taxes on the rich and create class warfare, they will come out on the losing end of that stick. It is a smart political move by him, a ploy? yes, but still a smart one.

8. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

Is this the same Barack Obama whose health care plan has just turned into the biggest nightmare of a tax in US history -- after he gave his solemn pledge already that he would NOT raise the taxes of anyone making more than $250,000 per year? The man is a liar of colossal proportions -- that healthcare tax alone is going to hit everybody except the downscale dregs who are living off welfare and already don't pay any taxes.

Here's a question a lot of you hyperlibs should consider -- forget us Conservatives, but be honest with yourself: except for civil "service" government situations and labor unions, when was the last time that you were hired for a job working for somebody that would vote for Obama? Where do you want to be four years from now? Sitting on your ass, waiting for the welfare check and the food stamp credit card to arrive, or building a career in a thriving economy? :woot:

9. hopeless_in_2012

Thanks for the response, it was very insightful as usual

10. Consmike

Jesus, if you would watch the video it would show what I am talking about.

I didn't post it just for (*)(*)(*)(*)s and giggles.

11. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

It's OK. We have a really low unemployment rate right now. The private sector is doing fine.

12. Consmike

Yep. Obamacare is great too. Will lower insurance costs and be less taxing on the American people. It also kept Medicare alone and didn't gut it by $500 Billion.

13. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

Hopeless. They are not expiring, and therefore not up for extension, until after the election. The "smart" move for the GOP is to keep it that way. ;)

14. hopeless_in_2012

Watched it when I opened the thread the first time. Again, I refer you back to my first post:

"Obama has proposed extending a tax cut to those making less than $200K/yr. This is a little different than raising taxes on small businesses. If congress acts and does make this extension, but fails to extend the cuts for those over $200K, that is congress failing to act, not Obama raising taxes."

What am I missing here?

You said "Lets tax the people who employ most workers more. Lets bury them!" I am asking how his proposal to extend the tax cut for those making less than 200K raises anyone's taxes?
    Should I watch the video a few more times??

15. hopeless_in_2012

Why, so Romney can extend them only for people making over $200K? I personally dont think we should raise them on anyone right now. Hopefully the Repubs are smart enough to handle this right.

16. Never Left

Never Left Banned

Typical leftist who thinks businesses are bottomless pit for government taxation. Leftists are stupid from O'Bama on down to the most clueless Obama voter, which is all of them.

17. Iriemon

Iriemon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Everyone who owns a business doesn't make $250,000+ income.

18. Iriemon

Because the trillions of dollars of tax cuts passed in 2001, 2003, 2008, 2009 and 2010 have worked so wonderfully.

19. paco

paco New Member

If you were a small business owner, then you would have an idea of where most of our profits actually go. Here, I'll give you a hint. If you were my employee, Obama's tax increases might actually force me to cut your pay within the next couple of years, yet I would still perhaps manage to break even. See how it works?

20. hopeless_in_2012

Obamas proposal is not about small businesses but it helps some of them and hurts none. Can someone tell me how extending the tax cuts for those making less than $200K would harm any small businesses? Again, dont tell me what would happen if we didnt also extend it for those above at another time or along with this, just tell me how this would harm small business?

21. violadude

violadude New Member

People still get "information" from Breitbart.com?

22. Eighty Deuce

Obama is grasping for any wedge issue that he can right now, and the Bush Tax Cuts have been a convenient class-envy tool. Obama is only trying to milk it for the election, and as noted, it is not mandated for action before the election.

Raising any taxes is not going to fix anything right now.

23. Eighty Deuce

Because they will go up for those making over $200K. That is your successful small business right there.

24. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

Yes...and when they do that, it puts tons of people out of work. Remember when under Clinton and the Dems the yachts were awarded a high tax? It harmed that industry so much....and all the side contractors that also contribute to making the yachts.... out of business. You see.....the Democrats never seem to stop and think of the unintended consequences of trying to "hurt" the rich. They hurt those that depend on the rich buying their products SO MUCH MORE. I believe they finally reversed the luxury tax....which also hurt the commercial jet industry and all the side contractors who supported it.

Democrats and Liberals seem to have no real business sense.

25. Iriemon

It's a step toward raising revenues. But I agree, we need to raise taxes much more than that, as well as a plan for trimming spending.