racial diversity contributing to social isolation

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Anders Hoveland, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Different physical appearances may have profound psychological effects (not always conscious) that effect social interactions and the formation of relationships. There are also significant personality differences between different races of people that be a hindrance to social interactions, not unlike the general personality differences between the different genders.

I think that increasing diversity is going to create much more social isolation, and this will not be good for society. Immediately, the effects of this isolation will be felt most by the minority children themselves, but in the future, if the main ethnic group itself eventually becomes a minority everyone will feel these negetive effects. Just imagine living in another country where nearly everyone else is from a different race, and it just becomes impractical to meet anyone of your own race. While cultural differences, language, and potentially income levels, may play a role, I believe it is much more than that.

At the very least, increasing diversity is going to create pressing social challenges. Should immigration policy be aimed at trying to minimise ethnic diversity, to protect the best interests of the future generations and the society that they will grow up in?

http://asr.sagepub.com/content/71/3/353.short
    http://www.politicalforum.com/race-...ects-racially-diverse-facial-appearances.html

[video=youtube;omALPip_waM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omALPip_waM&feature=related[/video]

Social isolation can lead to debillitating childhood experiences. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf4_KYKWieE

2. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

I should think that such a petty, fear-driven person as yourself would have a hard time finding a functioning group of which to be a member even without being swamped by immigrants.

Just try to get along with the people you do meet.

3. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

Anders Hoveland is correct and I would much prefer to associate with him than the disingenuous ad hominem spewing Leftysergeant.

4. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

how old r u again?

5. Libhater

Libhater Well-Known Member

I second that emotion. I wonder if lefty realizes that all of America's current and past enemies have had a leftist ideology where most of them have been atheists to boot; just the opposite of what America and we Conservatives stand for and believe in.

6. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

And our current doemstic enemies have a racist aggenda and must be put in their places.

7. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

At the same time, your kind has no right to tell me or the kinds of people I hang out with where we can live or do business. The needs of the many outweigh the interests of the sociopathic few.

8. Libhater

Libhater Well-Known Member

You're right, we don't have the right to tell you and your ilk who to hang out out with or who to intergrate your multicultural philosophy onto, but I don't see you and your ilk refusing to suck up all the tax paid govt bennies/welfare from us during the process in which to survive for your miserable dependency lifestyles. Double standard much?

9. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

Well that's a truism, since you are talking about the "sociopathic" few. How could I disagree. Sadly your ad hominem renders the attempted point irrelevant.

If you mean the "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few", this is not always correct.

For example, if everyone with an IQ below 110 "votes" for the others to work for them, while they sit on their ass watching TV, stuffing their face, and reproducing, would that make it right?

10. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

That has never happened and will not, outside the thick skulls of the right wing nutters.

I have been told by people not fit to shine my shoes that I had no business patronizing places of entertainment that were owned by and catered for mostly black people.

Let them eat 158 grain .357 Mag LSWC.

11. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

No, it's a thought experiment, one which proves your rule does not hold. The needs of the many do not always outweigh the needs of the few, because sometimes "the many" are a bunch of useless destructive @$$hats.

12. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

That comment is just dripping with stupidity and arrogance.

I earned my government stipend. Did you earn the right to use what other people's forced labor put in place?

I somehow doubt it.

13. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

You have no right to expect people not to live according to human nature just so that you need not be disturbed by the fact that people who do not look like your family are living and working along side you, or that some woman you desire prefers somebody of a different race.

14. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

It's leftists that are attempting to enforce "diversity" on native populations, against human nature and majority will. I have little problem with other races or people's marital decisions per se, so this is a strawman.

15. IndieVisible

IndieVisible New Member

Obviously we evolve and move forward. Or else we would never have left the cave. Certainly our natural instinct for survival makes us uncomfortable or cautious of any one different then us. This however is over come by prolong exposure to diversity. We start to also see similarities and then begin to feel more comfortable. It's a brave new world. Either you will evolve with the times or die as a relic of the past.

16. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

Oh the "progressive" argument. Anyone that doesn't support mass immigration to only white nations is some kind of square Nazi robo-dinosaur from the past. Tell why the Chinese, while not being so "progressive", are leapfrogging ahead of the West?

17. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

Our capitalists are building factories for them to exploit the cheap labor. This really benefits the beaurocrats and factory managers so that they become wealthy, but, for the majority of Chinese workers, life still sucks and, for some, is getting worse.

18. IndieVisible

IndieVisible New Member

I dunno Dino, tell me first why we should have any thing to do with those funny looking people in the first place? lol

19. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

Blame whitey again. In strictly controlled Communist China, you still manage to blame whitey. I have to hand it to you. Actually I lived in China for 2 years, and let me tell you that the place is advancing rapidly. The only people that are allowed to live there are people with a proven benefit to the economy, usually technical experts. When they have finished, they leave. Unskilled work goes to local Chinese workers, and their standard of living is better than many parts of Europe.

No need for mass immigration, which the Chinese people would find utterly abhorrent.

Understandably.

20. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

Of course it is understandable. They don't want to feed you once they have gotten what they need from you, like our technology or logistical contacts. They do not have enough food to feed both you and themselves and have some left over to trade abroad for cash income to keep the farmers in business.

21. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

It isn't purely a question of economics. The Chinese have a degree of racial pride and do not want to see their people replaced by foreigners which would destroy the cohesion and character of the Chinese nation.

Understandably.

If if it was just a question of economics there are plenty of impoverished people in South East Asia that could be used as scab labor to undercut Chinese workers for the short term benefit of the Corporations, rather than the long term health of the nation, similar to what is happening in the West.

22. Pycckia

Pycckia Well-Known Member

You are quite right. I have been travelling to China periodically for almost 20 years now and the rise in the quality of life for the average Chinese is really remarkable. There is no one who does cooley labor anymore. On my first trip I paid a man 25 cents to carry about 150 lbs of luggage about 1/2 a mile (and I think the luggage weighed more than he did). I was criticized by my Chinese hosts for overpaying him. Such labor is impossible to find in the large cities, these days, and even in the country it has become more difficult.

Surely, the factory workers still live an abysmal life. But it is so much better than it used to be. The government is very aware that its legitimacy rests on improving the lot of the masses, and they do strive to do so.