Apparently, George Zimmerman is not quite the monster that people thought he was

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by paco, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paco

paco New Member

Quite the opposite in fact, judging by today's interview on Sean Hannity's show. I do believe that this interview all but destroyed the prosecution's case against George as well, because it did exactly what the prosecution did not want the public to see: George Zimmerman, the human being. As opposed to George Zimmerman, the racist, murdering, molester.

On a side note, this is a rather haunting picture of Trayvon Martin. A far more accurate picture of him, I believe, than the cute and cuddly ones that the Obamedia has been subjecting us to for the past five months:
    George Zimmerman told Fox News Channel host Sean Hannity that he prays for the family of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, whom Zimmerman shot and killed during a confrontation in February.

"I would tell them that again, I'm sorry. My wife and I don't have any children," Zimmerman told Hannity. "I love my children even though they aren't born yet, and I am sorry that they buried their child. I can't imagine what it must feel like, and I pray for them daily."

It is the first public interview Zimmerman has given since the deadly confrontation with Martin on Feb. 26, 2012. Zimmerman reportedly agreed to the interview because his attorney says he hopes it will result in donations to his client's defense fund.

Zimmerman appeared alongside attorney Mark O'Mara wearing a gray suit and buttoned blue shirt. He appeared nervous at times, with sweat forming on his upper lip during the interview.

"I hope it's the most difficult thing I'll go through in my life," Zimmerman said of the confrontation.

Several new details about the incident emerged during the interview.

Early on, Hannity asked Zimmerman if he carried the gun used in the shooting with him at all times. "I carried it at all times, except when I went to work," Zimmerman said.

Yet, in a surprising revelation, Zimmerman claimed to have never heard of Florida's controversial Stand Your Ground law that has been at the center of the case.

Zimmerman also strongly denied referring to Martin with a racial slur during his 9-1-1 call to police. When Hannity asked if Zimmerman remembers what he said, Zimmerman nodded and smirked. "Punks," he said. "I can tell you that when the police played it for me at the station, it was clear as day."

Later in the interview, Zimmerman gave a detailed account of the physical confrontation with Martin that led up to the shooting. Zimmerman claims that Martin punched him in the nose as Zimmerman reached for his phone.

"He started bashing my head into the concrete sidewalk. As soon as he broke my nose, I started yelling for help. I was disoriented," Zimmerman said, saying Martin punched him more than a dozen times.

"I didn't know what would happen at that point," Zimmerman continued. "I would try and sit up and push myself down. Whenever I would sit up he would take the opportunity to slam my head down and punch me in the nose."

When Hannity asked if Zimmerman was talking to him during the confrontation, Zimmerman said yes and claims Martin verbally threatened to kill him.

"[He was] cursing and telling me to shut up and telling me he was going to kill me," Zimmerman said.

"After we were on the ground, I shimmied with him on top of me," Zimmerman said. "After he couldn't hit my head on the ground anymore, he tried to suffocate me."

"He said, 'You're going to die tonight.' He took one hand off and I felt it going down my side toward my holster," Zimmerman said.
    "At that point, I realized that it wasn't my gun, it wasn't his gun, it was the gun," he said.

However, Zimmerman claims that he initially thought he missed Martin after drawing his gun and firing. When asked what he most wants the public to know in the aftermath of the shooting, Zimmerman said, "I'm not a racist and I'm not a murderer."

When asked for Martin's reaction, Zimmerman said at first he didn't realize Martin had been shot. "He said something to the effect of 'you got it, you got me.'"

When asked if he would do anything differently in hindsight, Zimmerman said no. "I feel that it was all God's plan and for me to second-guess or judge itÂ…" he said, trailing off.

Zimmerman told Hannity that he fears for his life and said that media critics including filmmaker Spike Lee and MSNBC host Al Sharpton owe him an apology.

"I can't guess to what their motives were. I would just ask for an apology," Zimmerman said. "If I did something that was wrong, I would apologize."

But by the end of the Fox interview, it was Zimmerman who turned to the camera and asked for forgiveness.

"I do wish that there was something, anything, I could have done that wouldn't have put me in a position where I had to take his life.

"I want to tell everyone, my wife, my family, my parents, my grandmother, the Martins, the city of Sanford, and America that I'm sorry that this happened," he said, staring straight into the camera lens. "I hate to think that because of this incident, because of my actions, its polarized and divided America. And I'm truly sorry."

2. WatcherOfTheGate

WatcherOfTheGate New Member

So you are upset people judgeD him before getting to see him interviewed so they could see he was an actual human being and then judge Martin without getting the chance to see him as a human being. Cognitive dissidence is tough, huh?

I bet you don't even see how ridiculous the OP comes off. It would be funny if it wasn't so tranperant and sad.

Hard-Driver and (deleted member) like this.
  3. WatcherOfTheGate

The picture of Martin looks normal to me. I know just the sight of a black person is scary to some people but To normal people that don't frequent Stormfront he looks like a regular teen age boy.

4. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

Martins death has brought out the racists on both sides of the fence.
    I just hope justice is served, if Zimmerman acted out of the boundaries of the law (self defense) then I hope he is sentenced to the fullest extent of the law; if he is proven innocent then I hope there are not mass riots by the racist left.

5. WatcherOfTheGate

I agree with everything you posted.

6. <IF> Marius

<IF> Marius New Member

So instead of judging him by his actions and the evidence presented...

You want a court of law to acquit him based on his appearance on a television talk show?

*facepalm*

Zimmerman is viewed as a "monster" because of the indefensible crime he committed, not because of how well he can call himself a nice guy after the crime.

7. GiveUsLibertyin2012

GiveUsLibertyin2012 New Member

If what he said is true,I would say involuntary manslaughter,but its no way in any shape "murder".Murder is intentional,and it sounds to me like Zimmerman's intention was "not" to murder him,but to try and defend himself.
    Im sorry,but this isnt sounding like any hate crime to me.The Left is obviously trying to use race as factor when it sounds like race was never a factor.Martin attacked him,was beating him on the ground,and was blasted.
    Unless they have an actual 9-11 call that shows Zimmerman did use a racial slur,for example "a n***** just attacked me",but there isnt.Shame on Sharpton and Spike Lee for using this incident to cause racial tension.
    But again,no ,this isnt murder.Id say the maximum Zimmerman can get is involuntary manslaughter,which is not even a year in prison.If he gets charged with murder,then somethings very wrong with our system.

Now,before anyone jumps on me and disagrees with me,please note I did say IF what hes saying is true.I would like to hear if there were any witnesses.If so,I want to hear what they saw.

8. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

Here's the video:

[video=youtube;zPcIwzT0Mq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPcIwzT0Mq8[/video]

9. paco

paco New Member

We did get to see Trayvon Martin, the human being. We saw him on the 7-11 videotape, thuggin', buggin', and mean-muggin' his way through the store, not too long before he attempted to murder another human being, George Zimmerman. It's just too bad that you can't see George Zimmerman for the innocent victim that he is; a victim of Trayvon Martin's thuggery, a chip off the old Crippin' all Time block of Big Daddy Tracy. :no:

10. WatcherOfTheGate

A 7-11 video is all you need to get to know Martin as a person? You do realize how (*)(*)(*)(*)ing retarded it is to claim you know someone thought a security video, right? Holy (*)(*)(*)(*), I can't beleive you even tried to pull that kind of weak sauce. Are you even trying?

11. paco

paco New Member

Well, aside from Crippin' all Time Jr. being suspended from school for doing bad things, the THC in his system, George Zimmerman's broken nose and head injuries, etc. No, I'm sure that Trayvon Martin was a fine upstanding fellow. Just misunderstood, is all. :roll:

12. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

I do not think Zimmerman is a monster, but do think manslaughter is the crime he will be convicted of

I think had Martin killed Zimmerman he also would of been facing murder charges, I do not think Zimmerman set out to kill Martin, So I do not think a murder conviction will be the verdict, but I do think his actions that night led to martins death, it's a tradgedy for both Martin and Zimmerman, Martin paid for his mistakes that night with his life, Zimmerman will be paying for years to come as well, so both parties lost that night

i think we basically had Zimmerman pursuing Martin, Martin was in fight or flight mode because he feared Zimmerman cause his actions were suspicious, once Zimmerman caught up with Martin I think he feared Martin as he saw Martin was afraid of him and was not acting rational, so we have two men scared of each other at that point

the question is, is Zimmerman off the hook for his actions that led to this boys death or not, that will be for a jury to decide

13. IndieVisible

IndieVisible New Member

I don't think Zimmerman was a racist, a bully, may be.

I find it odd he would say this..

Because all he had to do was what the 911 operator told him to do, wait for the police. But what's done is done. Pity.

I also agree there were attitudes on both sides but Martin was just a kid. As an adult, Zimmerman needed to act better.

14. WatcherOfTheGate

You got nothing and are being a hypocrite. Just admit it because you aren't fooling anyone but yourself.

At this point you can either man up or continue to embarrass yourself.

15. FreshAir

fact is, Martin was minding his own business walking home, from his vantage point Zimmerman was the aggressor, the one following him in his car and then on foot

both parties misunderstood the intentions of the other...

remember from Martins perspective he tried to scare the guy off by letting him know he saw him following him, yet the guy didn't stop, he got out of his car and pursued him

16. paco

paco New Member

Nonsense. All of what I just listed about Trayvon ultimately is what caused his death. His own bad behavior contributed to his own demise. Now tell me, all the bad things that we've heard about George Zimmerman over the past 5 months that the media and your kind have been raking through the mud; his MySpace posts, the alleged "bullying" in his past jobs, 50+ calls to police, Zimmerman's wife lying about the amount of money in the bank account, the alleged molestation of the opportunistic whore Christina Mesa, etc. How did any of that contribute to Trayvon Martin's death that night?

17. FreshAir

nothing Martin did prior to that night contributed to his death, Zimmerman did not even know who the young man was, that is just attacking the victim...

martin was a young man walking home from the store talking to his girlfriend on the phone like so many other teens his age, nothing sinister about that

18. paco

paco New Member

The victim here is George Zimmerman, whose life has been destroyed by Trayvon sympathizers, who even managed to drag a molestation accusation out of the woodwork over all this. Really, how often do victims on the street know their attackers? You need some Fresh Air, buddy.

19. IndieVisible

IndieVisible New Member

In 10 years this will all be forgotten. George has a future and can go on with his life. But there is no future for Martin.

20. FreshAir

I never said he wasn't read my post above, I said they were both victims of their actions that night, Martin paid with his life and Zimmerman will be paying for many years to come as well

you do not seem to understand that people can be victims of their own actions and still be held accountable for their actions

that is why I believe the correct charge is manslaughter... not 2nd degree murder

21. Right is right

Right is right Banned

I doubt there was much of one to begin with judging by his "thuggish" aspirations.

22. paco

paco New Member

I honestly don't believe that George will get manslaughter. Under Florida's Stand Your Ground law, George had &#8220;no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground.&#8221; Granted, so did Martin. So the law protected both of their rights. Unfortunately for Martin, George won the round.

23. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

It might be just me...

But why is Zimmerman able to give an interview before his trial? This taints the jury, the jury will have watched this and will make up their minds, making it even harder to find a non biased jury. Interviews can be given after the trial, not before! Why should Z have the right to a media interview when T doesn't get the same chance?

24. FreshAir

one problem with that though, Z was the pursuer, Martin was the one standing his ground

25. FreshAir

Z has a right to remain silent, but can talk all he wants, sure the prosecution would like him to talk more, it's a gamble for the defense, they hope to use the video without the defendant taking the stand I am sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.