These Hands - Romney ad smacks Obama's "you didn't build that" line

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Calminian, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Looks like the theme of the race has been established.

These Hands

[video=youtube;4Lr49t4-2b8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Lr49t4-2b8[/video]

2. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Romney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He didn't earn or build (*)(*)(*)(*).

3. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Well that was an epic fail. Any other libs want to try to defend Obama.

4. coolguybrad

coolguybrad New Member

Who would want a president who attacks the pride one feels in a job well done?

Losers, thats who.

5. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

Hope the middle class pays attention...

Romneys saying if you're not as rich as him it's because you're stupid and lazy

6. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Bull crap... Romney is saying the American Dream is still alive.... but Barack Obama is saying that it never was and he will kill it off for good!

These shirts are selling FAST.... with Romney campaign making some good $$$.

[​IMG]

7. coolguybrad

coolguybrad New Member

Two strikes for liberals.

1) You are too dumb to realize Romney thinks you're lazy because you aren't as rich as he is
    2) If you do gain sucess, you did not gain it through your own personal risks, trials, and tribulations

Keep it coming libs. I'd love for you to run on those ideas. LOL.

8. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

Really? I didn't hear that part.

9. The Mello Guy

not sure how you could miss it....

10. Montoya

Montoya Banned

The American dream is all but dead thanks to the corporate takeover and the 1% hoard the nations wealth.

11. jackdog

jackdog Well-Known Member

funny I listened to that ad 3 times and I never heard him say that. I did see a middle class guy who built a business through hard work and perseverance not someone wanting the government too pay their mortgage and give them food stamps

sort of off topic but can't wait to see next weeks ads from Carneys job council blunder yesterday

and the week after some ads touting Romney's success with the Salt Lake City Olympics

wonder what the Obama team is planning, more rage against the rich I suppose

12. jackdog

dunno about all that my daughter and son in law have a nice little life going now, they are both under 30.

13. The Mello Guy

middle class? so he wasnt smart enough to become wealthy? or just too lazy?

14. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I think that's the most effective Romney ad I've heard so far. In other words, the only effective Romney ad. Obama really stepped in it with his idiotic comment. On the other hand, I appreciate the flashes of honesty from him.

15. The Mello Guy

middle class? so he wasnt smart enough to become wealthy? or just too lazy?

16. jackdog

could have been like me and a couple of people I graduated with. I had several roads I could have traveled when I was young and I chose the one that provided me with an adventuresome life rather than one that could have made me a lot more money. Ended up with a nice modest house in a nice neighborhood with 2 Honda cars and a Harley. A good friend went the MBA and CPA route and now has scads of money, is the CFO of a national company. My cousin decided to sit at home and collect welfare, he is still living in a broken down doublewide and collecting food stamps. All three of us had about the same opportunities, each of us ended up differently. You make your choices and live by them, I would not trade my life for anyones

RichT2705 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. The Mello Guy

self paved I can only assume.

18. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

[​IMG]

Way too easy.

19. The Mello Guy

can you righties please bookmark this...

because I dont want to hear any crying when ads come out with Romney saying he likes to fire people or doesnt care about the poor.....

20. jackdog

paved with hard work and sacrifice

21. ObamaSuperStar

ObamaSuperStar New Member

What is hilarious is that Obama called Mitt out on this one way before he could even get his attack moving. What is really startling is a lot of Mitts comments are (*)(*)(*)(*) near identical to the President. Watch:

[video=youtube;z-z-U57BaSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-z-U57BaSc[/video]

22. jackson33

jackson33 Well-Known Member Past Donor

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/04/romney-rejects-obamas-silver-spoon-comment/

While Romney probably had better parents than Obama, but to hold that against him would be the truest form of hypocrisy. As for Romney, he built Bain's Capital from scratch, while other like firms were failing, the ultimate success story and the hundreds of thousands of jobs saved is no story of failure. His abilities for handling problems in an organization, helped him to make the Utah Olympics one of the best, gaining him worldwide recognition.

http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mit...bain capital&gclid=CPmj57TlprECFQgFnQoddHAAwA

23. The Mello Guy

so you agree with the president?

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

24. signcutter

signcutter New Member

I herd all Obama's speech. While i agree that Obama is a corporate tool.. a shredder of the constitution... operates in disregard of the American people and for the benefit of the elite.....

Anybody who listened to his speech and all they came away with was... "You didn't build that" is a complete fooking moron... no better than the Obamabots who will vote for this clown again.

How the hell can you people latch on to obvious spin like this... clearly taken out of context. Why cant you morons latch on to real transgressions like The Patriot Act, NDAA, HR 347, etc... there is so much real shiat to hang Obama with.. but you guys always latch onto the most stupid shiat you can find and run with it like it is relevant and a core issue.

Obama will very likely win this election because you people are too stupid to call him on the things that matter... and support a candidate that is not a copy of what is occupying the Oval office right now.

25. signcutter

signcutter New Member

I heard all Obama's speech. While i agree that Obama is a corporate tool.. a shredder of the constitution... operates in disregard of the American people and for the benefit of the elite.....

Anybody who listened to his speech and all they came away with was... "You didn't build that" is a complete fooking moron... no better than the Obamabots who will vote for this clown again.

How the hell can you people latch on to obvious spin like this... clearly taken out of context. Why cant you morons latch on to real transgressions like The Patriot Act, NDAA, HR 347, etc... there is so much real shiat to hang Obama with.. but you guys always latch onto the most stupid shiat you can find and run with it like it is relevant and a core issue.

Obama will very likely win this election because you people are too stupid to call him on the things that matter... and support a candidate that is not a copy of what is occupying the Oval office right now.

[​IMG]