Bloomberg: Police Should Go On Strike To Push For Gun Control

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by GiveUsLibertyin2012, Jul 25, 2012.

1. GiveUsLibertyin2012

GiveUsLibertyin2012 New Member

wtf
    Has the Duke Of New York flipped his lid??
    Yeah,great idea,Bloomy.Im sure the criminals in NYC are salivating at this nutball idea of yours.Can this guy be any more stupider?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/07/24/bloomberg_police_should_go_on_strike_to_push_for_gun_control.html

MORGAN: Every time one of these things happens -- Gabrielle Giffords last year, this shooting here -- there's an outrage and then very quickly it dissipates. The American people quite quickly go back to their normal lives and they don't demand action in a way that I would expect them to.

Why do so many Americans not feel angry enough to demand further gun control?

'BLOOMBERG: Well, I would take it one step further. I don't understand why the police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say, we're going to go on strike. We're not going to protect you. Unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe.'

After all, police officers want to go home to their families. And we're doing everything we can to make their job more difficult but, more importantly, more dangerous, by leaving guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them, and letting people who have those guns buy things like armor-piercing bullets.

The only reason to have an armor-piercing bullet is to go through a bullet-resistant vest. The only people that wear bullet-resistant vest are our police officers. And that's true across this whole country. So we should -- at some point we have to understand this as our children or our grandchildren or us. But for the police officers, it's much more immediate. Because when you or I hear shots, we run away. They run towards it.

Bloomberg wants to protect us by banning large drinks.But would be just fine leaving his people unprotected with no police on the streets.This has got to be one of the stupidest,dangerous,and most IRRESPONSIBLE comments Ive ever heard come out of an elected officials mouth.

kk8 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. IndieVisible

IndieVisible New Member

I'm not a fan of Bloomberg

3. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Everytime progressive leftist elites starts foaming at the mouth about gun control, firearm purchases spike.....
    if I didn't know better, I'd think Democrats were getting kick backs from small arms manufacturers and dealers.

keep spewing your tyrannical hyperbole, morons...tree of liberty, and all that jazz..

4. Leatherface

Leatherface Banned

As hard as it is to fathom, the little Bloomer is worse than Dinkins.

5. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

What a freakn chump....

Hes in charge of public safety, and hes telling cops to go on strike?

6. kk8

kk8 New Member Past Donor

I think everyone in New York is in danger. I used to think Bloomberg was just a complete idiot, now I think he may be insane.

What would happen if the police force in New York decided to take Bloomberg up on this? Very scary indeed.

Bring back RUDY!

7. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

Many American cops would oppose gun control as they are keen firearms owners themselves. I know that is a huge generalisation but I think it has some substance to it.

8. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

Bloomberg is one crazy lib.

He should see a doctor.

9. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

Maybe bloomers security team should just go on strike first and then we'll see how he stands on the issue.

10. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

Imagine Bloomberg refusing to leave his apartment because he's afraid to go outside without armed guards to protect him.

11. kk8

kk8 New Member Past Donor

Funny, I meant to add that to same thing to my post...

12. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Bloomberg would go on strike too....

13. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Police officers in New York are prohibited from striking under the Taylor Act. Big cities always have bigger problems then little run of the mill towns. I think he was overreacting out of concern for the safety of the police officers.

14. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

Still it raises the question.

Why does Bloomberg demand armed guards for himself when he wants to deny equal protection to ordinary citizens?

That is the height of liberal hypocrisy.

15. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Coupling Bloomburg's words...
    with the purposely ignored and obfuscated progressive welfare state war zones...
    is AMPLE EVIDENCE that leftist elites are far more concerned with employing emotional extortion and coercion to advance agenda...than any individual rights, liberty, "common good" or "public safety".

Purge these despicable (*)(*)(*)(*)s before things get REAL ugly

16. Diuretic

Comprehension 101

BLOOMBERG: Well, I would take it one step further. I don't understand why the police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say, we're going to go on strike. We're not going to protect you. Unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe.'

After all, police officers want to go home to their families. And we're doing everything we can to make their job more difficult but, more importantly, more dangerous, by leaving guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them, and letting people who have those guns buy things like armor-piercing bullets.

The only reason to have an armor-piercing bullet is to go through a bullet-resistant vest. The only people that wear bullet-resistant vest are our police officers. And that's true across this whole country. So we should -- at some point we have to understand this as our children or our grandchildren or us. But for the police officers, it's much more immediate. Because when you or I hear shots, we run away. They run towards it.

Bloomberg is on the side of the angels. He is wondering why cops won't protest about lax gun control laws as cops are frequently victims of the lax gun control laws. The US is infested with firearms. Do not complain because a cop who stops you is very cautious about you and approaches you as if you were about to try to kill him or her. It's the price you pay for the proliferation of firearms in your country. Go back and read about bullets that are designed to pierce ballistic vests. And these should be freely available? Why?

Cops won't protest lax gun laws because cops like guns. Of course they do, they have to use them. Being better with a gun than you are is what makes cops proud and what makes them feel a bit safer when they're out there.

17. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

He has armed guards because threats have been made upon his life; every mayor in NYC has had a security detail for decades now. The city obviously cannot afford to provide that type of protection to every ordinary citizen. I fail to see how it is the height of liberal hypocrisy; its just common sense..

18. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

I think if police went on strike, people would more likely realize how important the right to bear arms is.

19. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

No offense, but you should live in NYC and hear what happens to normal people who happen to just be moving the contents from their apartment from one block to the next and get a weapons charge for having a boxcutter. Boxes in their truck and everything.

The police are committing as many felonies as the criminals because Bloomberg has given them unconstitutional powers.

And had someone in the crowd had an armor piercing bullet he could have taken the Aurora shooter out.

Exactly, that's why they can plug you in the ass and then finish you off with a bullet to the head when you're down.

Small town cops...I think the world of. Big city cops have gotten completely out of hand.

In general, in specific I am sure that there are tons of lovely individuals who work in police departments all across the country.

20. Diuretic

I have to admit the last time I had any meaningful interaction with American cops was in 1996. That's not just a lot of years ago, it's a lot of events ago. And I had a lot of interaction as I was there on specific business. I've only been back passing through to Canada since then, but from what I read in certain places coppering has become a very different job than it was in 1996 (my visit was largely in Texas and NM). Post 2001 it seems everything has changed. For the worse.

21. ballantine

ballantine Banned

ROFL.

ROFLMAO!!! :lol:

I would love to see the New York City cops go on strike for a while.

In fact, if they do, I will buy this guy a gun:

[​IMG]