The last time I complain about this site....

Discussion in 'Announcements & Community Discussions' started by jcarlilesiu, Aug 4, 2012.

1. jcarlilesiu

jcarlilesiu Well-Known Member Past Donor

This is the last time I complain about this site.

Seriously, whoever owns and runs this site... get it together.

The continual lagging, database errors, and other issues associated with this forum have been ongoing FOR GOING ON A YEAR.

We have all been patient, notified of issues, and even suggested ways to get a revenue stream going to help pay for whatever is wrong. Things got better for a little bit, and are now completely unacceptable again.

Its time to find a different outlet for political discussion if this site is no longer interested in providing us that resource.

2. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's as bad...if not worse...than the old forum.

This all reminds me of a poker room I used to frequent..."JCKC"....they were the only nearby legal game in town, and management treated the players like utter crap...knowing they'd have to drive a few hours or more to play at another venue.

Well, along came competition.... "Creek Entertainment" in Gretna, Fl.....that (so far) understands the importance of a happy customer...
    and it was shuttered within a month.

Perhaps a lesson could be garnered from that, admin?

3. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Sincerely, my apologies. We know its stuttering badly. I don't know what to tell you, but sorry. :(

4. Akula

Akula Banned

I agree. Consistently the slowest, most erratic, unreliable site I've EVER seen.

If you guys come across a good site, please PM me....MAYBE I'll be able to open the message....eventually...

5. sparky2

sparky2 Banned

You guys need to learn to be more patient.

Running a web forum as busy and post-intensive as this one is a full time job, and the mods here are not getting paid a dime, so please try your best not to take it out on them.

All of them, well most of them anyway, are pretty good people.

6. mikezila

mikezila New Member

what are you sorry about? it's not your fault...and we're getting what we paid for.

7. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Nobody's blaming the mods, Sparks. You're new... we've been having the same problems for over a year now. Patience is wearing thin. Debugging and upgrading an entire network takes a weekend in the real world. This site's IT dept appears to be moving at the speed of a lame snail. :(

8. countryboy

countryboy Well-Known Member

Utter and complete BS (no offense intended).

Agree completely. :)

Here's a tip, disable the "reply with quote" feature. If people want to quote they can do so manually and insert attribution manually as well. Cuts down on lazy people quoting ten pages of garbage and bolding the one sentence they are actually responding to. It's a shame people aren't more polite and doing this on their own but.....:roll:

9. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

I like the reply with quote feature. Not only does it fill in who the quote came from but it also provides a track-back feature for easy navigation to the original post. I doubt that this feature is creating the constant issues that occur. The impact is likely negligible, if it isn't, then it's a piece of poorly written code.

10. Trinnity

Trinnity Banned

I just don't get it. Why are the problems not getting fixed??? It's disheartening.

11. countryboy

countryboy Well-Known Member

I too like the feature, for the exact same reasons you listed. But it is a feature that has a tendency to be abused. Another forum I frequent disabled the feature for that very reason, and it was causing problems. That forum is lucky enough to be blessed with three very talented volunteer geeks though.

12. tresha

tresha New Member Past Donor

Two things:
    Why oh why would malign lame snails?
    That's just mean. Think they don't have enough problems being lapped by other snails?

Secondly, your sig line made me giggle. A lot.
    But I don't think it's gonna fit on a bumper sticker w/out causing lots of wrecks.
    And of course, if it's a Demo/Liberal wrecking, whilst trying to read the bumper sticker.....well that's just a vicious circle then innit?
    They wreck, go on welfare, vote Dem for the rest of their lives (and beyond)....think about what you're risking woman!
    :giggle: (hi by the way. Missed you)

13. Smartmouthwoman

How good to see ya, Tresha! Stop by the bar and tell me where ya been. Start from 'hello!'

14. SpaceCricket79

SpaceCricket79 New Member Past Donor

This is one of the best overall communities out here if you ask me regardless of the server errors, most of the other major political forums I've viewed at are either 1. totally unmoderated, and basically just troll sites that attract the mentally retarded or 2. over-moderated or too "clique-ish" where the prominent posters/mods are all good friends and give preference to those in their "circle", so they're more just like social clubs for the socially awkward. This site is good and pretty-troll free, but not too strict.

15. legojenn

legojenn New Member

Don't stop complaining about the site. It's part of the culture of the forum to kvetch about server performance. If things are going well, make something up to complain about.

16. Angedras

Angedras New Member

A brief 'Thanks' to the Admin/IT, for the tuneup. For me (at least), the site is functioning much more smoothly today.

:thumbsup:

17. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

mmmm... racism=no revenue stream.

Which corporation do you think would tolerate it's brand appearing next to the posts on this website?

Not sure what the purpose of this website is but it ain't making money. That will NEVER happen.

18. Akula

Akula Banned

One that approves of free speech and "diversity" and "tolerance", right?

19. CanadianEye

CanadianEye Well-Known Member Past Donor

Did you really just drop the race card regarding this sites performance issues and potentials?

20. Smartmouthwoman

When I first logged on, got a glimpse of what looked to be a streaming post list... complete with avatars. Haven't seen it again since, but it's encouraging some new features are finally being hauled out. Hope there's more coming.

Things seem to be running fast and no probs so far today. Keeping fingers crossed!

21. Angedras

Angedras New Member

I saw that also.

New stuff on the profile page too.

"stuff," is that a Texas word? lol

22. Smartmouthwoman

LOL, yep... it's a technical term. Like fixin to.

Haven't checked the profile page...

That's what I saw earlier, thx. GIANT avatars, huh? LOL, the concept is good, even if it's barely readable. I likey! ;)

23. Angedras

Angedras New Member

...fixin' to crank out some new stuff!

With the terminology, it's of little surprise the avatars are big... apparently the new IT person is from Texas. ...you know what they say..................................

lol

CanadianEye and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Angedras

Angedras New Member

LOL @ CE.

Yeah, you and I both! haahaaaha

25. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

Have they looked at different servers? I have been on European sites that are more responsive than this one. I think alot of it has to do with wherever their server is located because it seems like it is connected to a slow hub. Even the GSC forums are more responsive and that company is now defunct. LOL