Guess who's on a winning streak?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Smartmouthwoman, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

How many times have we heard 'the Tea party is dead!" or "Sarah Palin is history!"? Both statements are false. We're beginning to see the wave of conservatism that will go a long way toward transforming the dead weight we call Congress. I think I'm glad she'll be focussing on down-ticket races and not getting too involved at the presidential level. If the Romney campaign asks for her help, I'm sure she'll oblige. ;)

Guess who’s on a winning streak in endorsements?
    August 3, 2012

I’m not surprised by this, but I am a little surprised that the Washington Post noticed it. Despite media claims that the Tea Party has gone dormant and that Sarah Palin’s influence has waned, the candidates she backs for office have an uncanny knack for winning their elections — even when they start far off the pace:

This might be easy to dismiss if Palin made a habit of endorsing front-runners, but that’s not been the case. Ted Cruz started off at a large disadvantage to Lt. Governor David Dewhurst in practically every metric imaginable. Dewhurst had Rick Perry’s endorsement, a high profile office, tons of his own money to use in the primary fight, and at one time a huge lead in the polls. In the first round of the primary in May, Cruz only narrowly forced a runoff, at 30% and Dewhurst just a shade under 48%. The Tea Party engagement that Palin helped facilitate took Cruz from 18 points down in May to a 13-point victory this week — a remarkable 31-point turnaround in just two months.

Similarly, Palin backed Tea Party upstart Richard Mourdock against longtime incumbent Dick Lugar in Indiana’s GOP primary. Palin endorsed Mourdock late in the cycle, just a couple of weeks before the primary. Lugar had been up as much as 25 points in the polls in early 2012, but two weeks prior to her endorsement, Mourdock’s internal poll had him even with Lugar. One week after Palin endorsed Mourdock, he was 10 points up on Lugar in what the local newspaper called “a dramatic slide” for the incumbent. By the time the election rolled around one week later, Mourdock ended up with a 22-point victory over the entrenched incumbent.

Regardless of whether one thinks Palin was a good pick for the 2008 ticket, she has transformed into a highly influential activist with the grassroots. Attempting to minimize that or marginalize Palin as a powerhouse in the GOP will likely leave Palin with the last laugh.

[​IMG]

Luv it, Sarah. You go, sistah! :flagus:

2. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

Well...I like her hair in the ChikFilA pic.

3. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Yea she was a bad pick for VP simply because of her lack of experience but it seems she's found her stride now. It also helps that Obama is polarizing the country on so many issues so its defining the choices we have.

Hopefully she spends quite a lot of time in the battleground States in order to push out the vote there.

4. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

She really wasn't a bad pick, she just turned out bad. I mostly think of the interviews when I think of how it turned out bad. However, I wouldn't fault McCain for picking her. Despite her inexperience, she was charismatic, the most popular governor (highest home state approval), and she turned out to bring in the most viewers to a VP speech. She just was ill-prepared for interviews and what not. If she prepped more, she could have avoided those issues.

5. Smartmouthwoman

2008, IMHO, was an unwinnable election for Republicans. Just like 2012 will be unwinnable for Democrats.

Anybody but Bush has morphed into Anybody but Obama.

Palin's got a lot more power being on the outside than she would on the inside. We'll see... but looks like a trend to me.

Voters asking, "What does Sarah Palin think of this candidate?"

(?? WWSD?) ROFLMAO

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  6. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

The best thing aobut Sarah palin is that the country clubbers who did everything in their power to keep the REpublicans a pemanent minority are now becoming an endangered species.

7. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

When I said lack of experience I meant in regards to handling interviews and being in the spotlight 24/7. She hadn't experienced that in Alaska and she wasn't prepared for it. If she was running today, with her knowledge of how things work now, she would be far superior to what she was in 2008. You don't write notes on your hand because you know the other side will call you out for it.

These are things she didn't recognize then and it turned the election into more about her than it was about the issues. I do agree that there was no way the republicans could have won in 2008 however.

8. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that. McCain didn't have the media in his corner in 2008, and this year, the media is still going to be siding with Obama. I think it's going to be a hard fought election because the people who are undecided now, are the people who probably get most of their news from the half hour of network news each night. I doubt they've even heard of the "you didn't build that" speech. If all you know about the news is that half hour, then everything is doing fine, Obama's plan is working, and what's up with rich crook Romney?

9. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

While libs stick pins in their Palin voodoo dolls nightly, Tea Party advocates step on cockroaches. We see which is more effective ;)

Run liberals run !

10. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

Wonder what effect the legacy media will have in future elections as its audience/readership dwindles away?

11. Smartmouthwoman

Yeah, you woulda thought they'd miss the Chick-Fil-A debaucle too, but they didn't. People are tuned in this year. $3.50 gallon gas and 8.3% unemp will do that to voters. I think there will be record turnout... of Republicans anyway.

12. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

My overall impression of most of the Tea Party groups (people seem to forget that there are many different "Tea Parties" and just lump them altogether) is positive. I think they have brought government abuse and waste of taxpayer's money into the forefront. :) They behave infinitely more maturely than the left's populist OWC. The best comparison was when Glenn Beck had his tea party rally in DC and everyone was well behaved.....no arrests. The grounds were left spotless afterwards. Compare that to the union thug/environmentalist...........yes I did say environmentalists rally 2 weeks later where they left garbage all over.........did I mention lots of environmentalists organizations were there........and completely trashed the place............a bit OT but I could have sworn that environmentalists never littered and cared about their planet. Just check out the aerial footage of both rallies from helicopters and all the videos people posted on youtube contrasting the the two rallies.

My opinion of Sarah Palin is not so generous. She has low approval ratings even among conservatives, her fifteen minutes were up awhile ago. She is nothing more than a narcissist who loves to be in front of the camera. She couldn't wait to get out of being the governor of Alaska to run around an make paid speeches and her excuse for leaving was incredibly lame since she had received millions from her book deal by that time and she had already established a well funded legal defense fund if I recall. The most annoying thing was that she was constantly getting credit for parroting what some other talking head or politician had said days before and her "followers" kept saying how smart she was. Sarah Palin was NOT the first one to point out the death panels by a longshot. Other people had already mentioned it days before but her cult kept claiming that it was some brilliant insight that she had come up with. :roll:

Alot of her followers remind me of Obama supporters. They simply cannot see past the person and by golly their leader can do no wrong. Sarah Palin needs to go away and let the adults like Bobby Jindal, Paul Ryan etc. do their jobs.

13. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Doesn't speak well for the drooling morons who vote how she tells them, does it?

"I voted for Cruz because Sarah Palin told me to and I am so flustered and incapable of using logic I did what the lady told me to".

14. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well, you see, that is the problem for many on the left, they believe that people tell them how to vote.

15. Think for myself

Well, apparently it happens in the GOP to. Did you read the OP or are you ignoring the obvious in favor of praising the idiocy of voting how a pundit tells you?

16. Hoosier8

You know what they say about assume don't you? Since you believe that people vote the way they are told, I have no doubt that you believe the OP. Lugar got voted out not because of Palin but because of Lugar.

17. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

Do you have a link for that quote ? Or did you pull it out of your ass ?

Still don't know when to walk away from the keyboard ........... :roll:

18. Think for myself

Oh, I don't doubt for a second the vast majority of Americans are absolute idiots who believe whatever some dumb ass tells them, left and right.

So she is ineffective and the OP is wrong?

19. Think for myself

I pulled it out of my ass, sideways and with ease.

Now I have no doubt most people thought that was real, obviously yourself included, so here is fair warning to them all. I made it up.

20. Smartmouthwoman

Don't forget, I was choosing between two Republicans. It's a given I'll be voting for the Republican who ends up on the ticket in November... but in the meantime, Sarah Palin's endorsement helped me decide which GOP candidate is the true conservative.

Must tear liberals' hearts out to hear she still has so much power. Tsk tsk.

21. Think for myself

I thoroughly believe you. Why actually weigh the two and find out where they stand on the issues to determine which one has the beliefs which most closely resemble your own when you can just vote how the reality TV show star tells you?

22. dadoalex

dadoalex Well-Known Member Past Donor

In the land of morons....

23. Hoosier8

The OP is easily wrong since the part about Lugar is dead wrong. Palin had nothing to do with Lugar losing in Indiana. Palin had no presence in Indiana but Lugar had plenty of presence. Lugar lost because of Lugar. A simple fact that baffled the establishment Republicans and the left leaning press.

24. Think for myself

Then go argue it with the OP.

25. Smartmouthwoman

Nice try, TFM. Cruz's opponent is the former Railroad Commissioner... not exactly an unknown.

Amusing your rebuttal is centered around people being dumb for listening to her... as opposed to acknowledging the important role she'll likely play in the upcoming elections.

RINO's be warned... Palin's taking names. ;)